Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiatkiat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
19,038
Reaction score
3,099
26" can't convert to 700c or 27.5..

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT

Have 2 bikes and had done both:p

I convert the 26" to 27.5" many years ago when people are still calling it 650B. During that time, there is still no 27.5 frame. Alot of ppl in mtbr.com are discussing method on how to convert their 26er to 650B.

PS. I still call 27.5" as 650B now
 

xorionn

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
60
my gf is looking for a mountain bike, budget $250-$300.. any recommendations? which shop?
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
Just went for a 88km ride with my "semi-new" RLT 9 Steel.

23231806864_fbdc929f85_b.jpg
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,800
Reaction score
1,812
Update on bike 24 mo

My parcel has been stuck in singpost since 6 December (tracker not updating) I contacted them via phone and Facebook but their promises have been empty so far.I will probably contact them one more time to find out how to solve the issue.

Am afraid that the goods won't be here in time for Christmas . Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
my gf is looking for a mountain bike, budget $250-$300.. any recommendations? which shop?

$250-$300 can probably only get you a Urata MTB.
You need at least a $500-$600 to get a entry level MTB from reputable brand like Merida or Polygon.

Update on bike 24 mo

My parcel has been stuck in singpost since 6 December (tracker not updating) I contacted them via phone and Facebook but their promises have been empty so far.I will probably contact them one more time to find out how to solve the issue.

Am afraid that the goods won't be here in time for Christmas . Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Sigh.. Singpost always must pull stunts every now and then. My bike24 package just arrived at SpeedPost.

sweet bike

Thanks.

So tempted to get a Fat Bike!

Any recommendations?

You planning to play just for fun?
There is a Monster Fat bike about $750 IRC.
Otherwise, most other fat bikes that I know of are in the 2k and above.
Specialized, Surly, some titanium fat bikes.
Edit: Cheap John have some fat bikes from Mongoose about 1k+ last I know.
 

cyberian

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,586
Reaction score
0
Last edited:

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
Update on bike 24 mo

My parcel has been stuck in singpost since 6 December (tracker not updating) I contacted them via phone and Facebook but their promises have been empty so far.I will probably contact them one more time to find out how to solve the issue.

Am afraid that the goods won't be here in time for Christmas . Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT

Sadisticnoob, no worries. Thank you for the update. Merry Christmas to you!
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,638
Reaction score
3,487
You planning to play just for fun?
There is a Monster Fat bike about $750 IRC.
Otherwise, most other fat bikes that I know of are in the 2k and above.
Specialized, Surly, some titanium fat bikes.
Edit: Cheap John have some fat bikes from Mongoose about 1k+ last I know.

I'm ok to spend up to S$5k but of cos the cheaper and better is it, the better for my pocket.

I'm looking at the Goliath 20, 24 and 26. Need to try the bikes for size/preference. I tried the 26 yesterday.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,998
Reaction score
13,743
highly recommended bicycle lights. $30 rrp per light. think some shops sell cheaper. headlight is super bright and has long runtime in flashing mode (12hrs). micro usb recharging. water resistant also.

IMG_20151220_231149.jpg
 

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
3,811
Reaction score
64
highly recommended bicycle lights. $30 rrp per light. think some shops sell cheaper. headlight is super bright and has long runtime in flashing mode (12hrs). micro usb recharging. water resistant also.

IMG_20151220_231149.jpg

Constant mode front light less than 1 hour...otherwise if only using blinking mode , for its price n brightness it's considered very good.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,998
Reaction score
13,743
Constant mode front light less than 1 hour...otherwise if only using blinking mode , for its price n brightness it's considered very good.

I thought the box states 1.5hrs for the brightest constant mode? haven't tried before in real life. but yea, its freaking bright, shine those reflective roadside signs, thought is mata cars siren flashing.
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
I'm ok to spend up to S$5k but of cos the cheaper and better is it, the better for my pocket.

I'm looking at the Goliath 20, 24 and 26. Need to try the bikes for size/preference. I tried the 26 yesterday.

How's the Goliath 26?

I tried a titanium fat bike at the Safra Bike Carnival. I forgot the brand though. Pretty fun surprisingly. No luck with trying other fat bikes.

Right now, the following list is where I remember seeing those fat bikes before:

Specialized Fatboy-- Tay Junction Vertex
Surly (There is a few models) -- Chafie Asia / BC Bikes
Forgot the brand -- Scootz
Mongoose -- Cheap John
Trek Farley -- Treknology
 

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
12,339
Reaction score
5
highly recommended bicycle lights. $30 rrp per light. think some shops sell cheaper. headlight is super bright and has long runtime in flashing mode (12hrs). micro usb recharging. water resistant also.

IMG_20151220_231149.jpg

Have been using the front light for sometime liao. Some bros here have seen it during the edmw rides and had commented that it is very bright despite its smallish size. I mostly use it in blinking mode other than hitting sudden unexpected unlit patch mid ride, then I turn it onto constant mode.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,638
Reaction score
3,487
How's the Goliath 26?

I tried a titanium fat bike at the Safra Bike Carnival. I forgot the brand though. Pretty fun surprisingly. No luck with trying other fat bikes.

Right now, the following list is where I remember seeing those fat bikes before:

Specialized Fatboy-- Tay Junction Vertex
Surly (There is a few models) -- Chafie Asia / BC Bikes
Forgot the brand -- Scootz
Mongoose -- Cheap John
Trek Farley -- Treknology

I quite like it. Can't compare cos it's the first fat bike I've tried.
 

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
highly recommended bicycle lights. $30 rrp per light. think some shops sell cheaper. headlight is super bright and has long runtime in flashing mode (12hrs). micro usb recharging. water resistant also.

IMG_20151220_231149.jpg

How much is it? And where is the place selling them?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top