Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
I'm in love actually. Haha. Just curious about the English stallion.

I like the jubilee speed, but the price isn't that jubilee :s13:

U-lock is too heavy. Shouldn't have bought.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

not u lock, it is a folding lock Ecolution 6000 :p, anyway, I think it was a crazy idea. Never in the thousands KM did I ever needed a lock. All those 'what ifs' from my cycling kaki was a more kiasu mentality then a real need for it. Plus I could always fold up my bike and bring it into the cubicle if really need be.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
I'm in love actually. Haha. Just curious about the English stallion.

Can birdy use shimano hollow tech bb and crank?

And can install front derailleur and double chainring? Need any fd adaptor?

What is the gearing and cassette on your stock birdy leh?

Damn tempted to get birdy now...
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,206
Reaction score
3,679
not u lock, it is a folding lock Ecolution 6000 :p, anyway, I think it was a crazy idea. Never in the thousands KM did I ever needed a lock. All those 'what ifs' from my cycling kaki was a more kiasu mentality then a real need for it. Plus I could always fold up my bike and bring it into the cubicle if really need be.
My ulac folding lock is 700g, not 1kg. I might sell it and get a 400g or 500g alarm cable lock.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
I like the jubilee speed, but the price isn't that jubilee :s13:

http://mybikeshopsg.com/2016/01/24/pay-more-than-s2500-for-a-folding-bike-warning-long-article/

Use this to convince yourself on the Jubilee $7999

Then get Alex moulton tsr series lo.

Still English stallion, but division three version. Not epl. :s13:

Actually I don't know what are the differences or how many different models there are. :s13:

Can birdy use shimano hollow tech bb and crank?

And can install front derailleur and double chainring? Need any fd adaptor?

What is the gearing and cassette on your stock birdy leh?

Damn tempted to get birdy now...

https://www.cyclelogy.sg/products/birdy-capreo

The only question I can answer is. Front derailleur double chainring is possible. It's as customizable as it gets already. There are people with hydraulic disc brakes..

http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/473415-birdy-thread-25.html
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
Then get Alex moulton tsr series lo.

Still English stallion, but division three version. Not epl. :s13:

It's AM or nothing..

http://mybikeshopsg.com/2016/01/24/pay-more-than-s2500-for-a-folding-bike-warning-long-article/

Use this to convince yourself on the Jubilee $7999



Actually I don't know what are the differences or how many different models there are. :s13:



https://www.cyclelogy.sg/products/birdy-capreo

The only question I can answer is. Front derailleur double chainring is possible. It's as customizable as it gets already. There are people with hydraulic disc brakes..

http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/473415-birdy-thread-25.html

No thanks, I'm looking at a roadie next, change of pace.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,955
Reaction score
13,696
my foldie.
IMG_20151122_211201.jpg


my road bike.
IMG_20160124_193352.jpg


:o
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,955
Reaction score
13,696
I also looking at a roadie. Lol.
But don't know my engine can anot. Also no where to store it.

@digdub what's the Max you did on the birdy?

Got edmw cycling group anot? :p

Sent from INO 3 using GAGT

for me, roadie is less xiong than foldie. after ride roadie, still dun feel shag, foldie will feel more shag for the same distance. max distance is about 80-90km i think.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,955
Reaction score
13,696
LCK Jetty seems like your favourite spot..Have yet to cycle there thou, usually go Wdls Waterfront..



This sounds..... :s13:

cos easy for me to go. I go through cck then go by home academy there then all the way lck. not much traffic also so quite safe.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
for me, roadie is less xiong than foldie. after ride roadie, still dun feel shag, foldie will feel more shag for the same distance. max distance is about 80-90km i think.

Have to spin more to cover the same distance covered by road bike.
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Bullhorn

Tyrell by Simon Sng, on Flickr



yes, two tyrell fx :)

By the way, ur ue boom is mounted on the bottle cage holder which in turn is strapped onto the stem/handlebar??

What brand is the holder?

Edit: Might have found it..Topeak Cage Mount with a Modula Cage?
 
Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,955
Reaction score
13,696
Have to spin more to cover the same distance covered by road bike.

spin wise I think its about the same due to gearing. the main difference I think is due to the rolling resistance vs bigger wheels. bigger wheels roll over things more easily. I can let my roadie roll while my foldie friends are still pedalling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top