Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Is the seatpost rack sturdy? Able to carry a water bottle, phone , wallet and keys anot? :D
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
spin wise I think its about the same due to gearing. the main difference I think is due to the rolling resistance vs bigger wheels. bigger wheels roll over things more easily. I can let my roadie roll while my foldie friends are still pedalling.

The effort to turn the wheels maybe different. I actually asked this question before.

Small wheel with big gearing vs big wheel with smaller equivalent gearing.. which one requires more energy to turn the wheel?

During free wheeling, it will be another story. :s22:

The big wheels will have more advantage during free wheeling.
 
Last edited:

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
IMG-20160126-WA0005_zps3xuzad9v.jpg


thanks to sd for helping me to install!
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
Is the seatpost rack sturdy? Able to carry a water bottle, phone , wallet and keys anot? :D

which type? my rear system works well, I got spare inner, patch kit, multi kit, co2 cannister, got room for wallet, keys, ciggie.. phone is mount infront and 2 bottle cage
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0

wackymaus75

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2000
Messages
52,730
Reaction score
1
Your rear system meaning saddle bag?

Actually maybe I'm a short distance rider. But I've never ever had a puncture. Haha.

I doubt i even know how to patch a puncture.

http://hellobicycle.com.sg/collections/klickfix/products/free-rack
youtube can help with that, even if you have not done it physically at least watch a video to get the general idea, it will also serve you well to practice at least once at home. do that you won't be too blur if it happens when you are far out on your ride
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
Your rear system meaning saddle bag?

Actually maybe I'm a short distance rider. But I've never ever had a puncture. Haha.

I doubt i even know how to patch a puncture.

http://hellobicycle.com.sg/collections/klickfix/products/free-rack

X-lab wing system, its a mount that allows u to add pouches
http://www.xlab-usa.com/super-wing.html

short ride or not, its good to learn how to mend a flat. That is why I got a spare inner and patch, if in a rush then just swap the tubes.

I thought birdy has some kind of rear rack?
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
I did watch videos, just that I have never hands on before. And the one time I used tyre levers to replace the stock tyres to big apples. I scratched my rims. :O

Roughly the idea is
Tyre lever out the tyre.
Tube look for the puncture.
Patch kit over.
Pump.
Replace tyres.
Correct?

Birdy has the rack. But its not quick release mah. Haha.
I thinking weekend ride around Singapore with rack to put things. Weekday night right don't need rack can remove. :p

Sent from INO 3 using GAGT
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
That time people say adjust rd very easy can follow videos. End up i messed it up and had to pay to get it tuned.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

Ya, it's not that hard...

I adjust my Sora RD last time by following the video..Works okay but of cos dont expect silent kind due to the RD itself..

When i change the cassette, chain, rd, trigger shifter the other time, adjusted from scratch..Pretty quick and easy..
 
Last edited:

xaiobai

Master Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
2,937
Reaction score
25
That time people say adjust rd very easy can follow videos. End up i messed it up and had to pay to get it tuned.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

Just adjust the adjustment barrel the direction it needs to focus. For eg, if it has issue going to the smallest rear gear, adjust anti-clock wise (turning towards the smallest gear direction)

Another example it skipped the 2nd largest gear and go to the third biggest gear straight away from the biggest gear, turn barrel clock wise (adjust towards the biggest gear direction)

Always turn bit by bit n self gear shift check multiple times up n down
 

zucchini

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
hi, i am looking to getting a basic road bike, or basically a bicycle with thin wheels and decent gears as my hse area is up slope. Prefer t bar handle. Dont need to be branded or anything. Just a casual cyclist so budget is around $200-300. is this price reasonable for such a bicycle and do anyone know any place to get it at? Also what kind of frame size should i be getting if i am 162cm. thanks in advance!
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
hi, i am looking to getting a basic road bike, or basically a bicycle with thin wheels and decent gears as my hse area is up slope. Prefer t bar handle. Dont need to be branded or anything. Just a casual cyclist so budget is around $200-300. is this price reasonable for such a bicycle and do anyone know any place to get it at? Also what kind of frame size should i be getting if i am 162cm. thanks in advance!

The only road bike other that the shitty Aleoca, at $300 is probably only Urata.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top