Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
I have seen a Birdy with upgrades costing a colourplus Birdy. Around 5k.

Not referring to hidden charges. Upgrades are expensive one ma. Haha

I'm riding the capreo version. Personally I cannot drive the highest gear efficiently. So 53t is sufficient for me. Lol.

One thing though, if I'm not wrong. The Max speed for Birdy is roughly 50+-.


yea, its good. I used to think long distance riding means butt pain is inevitable, now I know it's a myth. :D

You also using the most cushion one? Or the shallow? The reviews all 4.5 stars and above haha
 
Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
yea, its good. I used to think long distance riding means butt pain is inevitable, now I know it's a myth. :D

Buy from evancycle if include shipping also about S$86.. :s13:

Unless got ppl to order one more then can get FOC shipping..Then works out to be about S$70..

Can think for the next few days..Just swop my cassette out from 11-32 to cs-6700 11-25..Tmr meeting a buyer for my xt m771 cassette..
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Buy from evancycle if include shipping also about S$86.. :s13:

Unless got ppl to order one more then can get FOC shipping..Then works out to be about S$70..

Can think for the next few days..Just swop my cassette out from 11-32 to cs-6700 11-25..Tmr meeting a buyer for my xt m771 cassette..

Where do you live? I'm onz to order with you. Just thinking shallow or the radius.
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Where do you live? I'm onz to order with you. Just thinking shallow or the radius.

Bukit Batok..Working in NTU so somewhere between BB to NTU would be fine..

Cost estimated, cos wont know until they billed..I use 1.42 rate(Should be around there) to estimate in my earlier post..

Edit: Let me confirm on the amt for free delivery..Need over $80 pound for free intl delivery
 
Last edited:

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
hmmm... I seldom fold. I don't think it will affect the integrity much.

Oh I see. I fold my bike quite often i was thinking is it bad to constantly shift a carbon seatpost up and down.
Anyway, just want to ask. Is there anywhere that sells the kcnc scandium seatpost? Or have to get online?
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
I have seen a Birdy with upgrades costing a colourplus Birdy. Around 5k.

Not referring to hidden charges. Upgrades are expensive one ma. Haha

I'm riding the capreo version. Personally I cannot drive the highest gear efficiently. So 53t is sufficient for me. Lol.

One thing though, if I'm not wrong. The Max speed for Birdy is roughly 50+-.

You are one damn powerful rider. Can use Capreo :eek:
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
anyone knows where or who can help to build a bike? Will be buying most of the things online, xt groupset and brake, frame, wheelsets, handlebar, stem, seatpole, the rest all buy from shop.

Ask chapter 2 cycle( i stay near the shop), quote me $150 onwards.

$150 quite expensive.

that is reasonable, I was quoted $15-20 for just a RD. You do have to realised, the LBS need to earn a living.
 

lemongonggong

Member
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Is it? I didn't get to actually fit the gp1 and try though. I just felt that the palm rests of the gp1 will be too thick and touch onto the wheel rims and I cannot close fully. Yours still able to fold even with barends?

I using gp2-L on my Dahon. For me, only thing to watch out is the barends.
Depending on the position of the barends, the barends may touch the rims and cannot close fully.
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Alamak. I already say cannot efficiently drive the highest gear. :D

Talked to ewalker's jeff before. There are people who swap to 20" against his advice. Few months later go back to change back to 18". Hahahaha.

Bike shop charge for installation is okay. But some of them charge and then do a shoddy job. :(
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,955
Reaction score
13,696
I have seen a Birdy with upgrades costing a colourplus Birdy. Around 5k.

Not referring to hidden charges. Upgrades are expensive one ma. Haha

I'm riding the capreo version. Personally I cannot drive the highest gear efficiently. So 53t is sufficient for me. Lol.

One thing though, if I'm not wrong. The Max speed for Birdy is roughly 50+-.




You also using the most cushion one? Or the shallow? The reviews all 4.5 stars and above haha

the most cushion one. :D
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Guys.

Chaun link removable tool. Got difference anot? Not for bringing on rides. For home maintenance use.

Also I have 9 speed. Just buy a 9speed chain right? Then match my stock one. Got chance that it's shorter then my original anot?

Don't want to have a snapchain with no spare chain. Do chains come stock with powerlink?
 

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
I using gp2-L on my Dahon. For me, only thing to watch out is the barends.
Depending on the position of the barends, the barends may touch the rims and cannot close fully.

oh I see. Does your Dahon's stem fold in between the wheels or outwards? It looks like this would make the difference..
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Understood. Thanks! Do you know around how much it cost?

Don't quote me ah. I THINK $180

https://m.facebook.com/ewalkersg/posts/944053318999547
Let me know how much if you managed to find out exact cost. Haha
 
Last edited:

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,207
Reaction score
3,680
Ahh no wonder..ya mine is fold in between the wheels. That's why choices so limited. Folding inwards or outwards can be done by changing the handlebar post?
I will be changing my handle post to longer one which folds outwards. Might consider selling away the stem extender.

Btw can u post a pic of your full bike side profile especially on the chainring side? Thanks

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top