Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Actually for a 3k budget, I think you shouldn't be fixated on a few brands. Try put tyrell, birdy, if reach , and Alex Moulton. There may be more but I'm only aware of the seat that price point.

Tyrell , Moulton at MBS
Birdy, if reach at ewalker.

big wheel rotate less but still you roll on the tyre surface :s22:, simi logic :s13:
Surface area depends on the thickness.

Just talking rubbish. But let's say the larger wheels tyre is 2000mm. Smaller wheel tyre is 1500mm...

For every 2000mm distance. The smaller wheel turn 1.3 times. Means more chance MA. Hahahaha.
 
Last edited:

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
But if u take into consideration the same distance covered by both big and small wheel, it will still be the same. Unless u talking about wearing of the tyre, then I think bigger wheels wearing off slower since rpm is lesser than a small wheel.
 

JonnoK

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Eclipse p20? There will be concerns over the paired spokes.Not sure if those are enough to support his weight, especially when going over potholes.

X series is always ranked higher than p series in their hierarchy.

Thanks actually I'm more concerned about tyrell wheel stuck in the potholes and me flying than tern not supporting my weight. But if really unforeseen circumstances, then just pray hard when it happen.

Ya but my budget doesn't allows me to think the x series, if so actually I no need to think so hard and just get tyrell fsx hehe.
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
the only thing u have to worry is grating over drains, potholes might cause a breakage of the spoke.

if u have intend for a 20 speed, then go for the FSX, FX is 10 speed. FSX has a lighter frame, true carbon fork, better wheelset and components. But the FSX is about 4.1k, FX is 2.5k
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Actually judging from your post. You already made up your mind on the tyrell..
 

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
5,764
Reaction score
16
Ya but my budget doesn't allows me to think the x series, if so actually I no need to think so hard and just get tyrell fsx hehe.

If your budget can afford a Tyrell, then it makes no sense to consider any series from Tern.

Unless you want to try IF Reach/Birdy... etc.
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
If your budget can afford a Tyrell, then it makes no sense to consider any series from Tern.

Unless you want to try IF Reach/Birdy... etc.


He disregarded my post on other bikes from that price range.
That's why I commented that he is already decided. :p
 

JonnoK

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
He disregarded my post on other bikes from that price range.
That's why I commented that he is already decided. :p

Sorry actually I did consider Moulton as well but the model I quite like cost 4k plus so I have filter it out. I just don't like birds as my personal preference hehe.

Ya I guess I will go with tyrell. Thanks everyone!
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,941
Reaction score
13,684
got consider Pacific reach? tyrell is 406 tires while reach is 451. my tyrell friends also feel the reach is faster.
 

SmilingDevil

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,104
Reaction score
0
I am looking for staff, full time and part time for my big splash, ecp bike rental outlet. If you know of anyone who is interested please pm me. Thanks.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,871
Reaction score
3,141
Sorry actually I did consider Moulton as well but the model I quite like cost 4k plus so I have filter it out. I just don't like birds as my personal preference hehe.

Ya I guess I will go with tyrell. Thanks everyone!

Which mullton bike were you looking at? :D

TSR or AM series?

Actually, do you really need a folding bike? You can always get a mini velo if all you want is small wheels.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,871
Reaction score
3,141
got consider Pacific reach? tyrell is 406 tires while reach is 451. my tyrell friends also feel the reach is faster.

You have the pacific reach bike? I am interested to get it... but need to read up first and test ride...

BTW, Tyrell foldie is 406 (FX, FSX) but tyrell mini velo (CX, CSI, PK1) is 451.
 
Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,941
Reaction score
13,684
You have the pacific reach bike? I am interested to get it... but need to read up first and test ride...

BTW, Tyrell foldie is 406 (FX, FSX) but tyrell mini velo (CX, CSI, PK1) is 451.
used to have but sold liao. can test ride at ewalker.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top