Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
use smaller chainring lor and bigger cog... 451/406 is 2 inch difference... again only slight difference. why you guys make it sound like 406 to 451 is a big jump :p
 

JonnoK

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Which mullton bike were you looking at? :D

TSR or AM series?

Actually, do you really need a folding bike? You can always get a mini velo if all you want is small wheels.

I believed is the tsr series... Moulton is a dangerous territory.. Once poison I think that's it for me with so many high end at $$$$$.

I really like foldies hehe.
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
I believed is the tsr series... Moulton is a dangerous territory.. Once poison I think that's it for me with so many high end at $$$$$.

I really like foldies hehe.


I feel that if you like the Moulton. And you buy a tyrell. When you go cycling with a group and spot Moulton. You'll get tempted and more than likely switch to a Moulton.

Might as well bite the bullet now. Haha. Tsr10 is 2.9?
 
Last edited:

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,871
Reaction score
3,141
I believed is the tsr series... Moulton is a dangerous territory.. Once poison I think that's it for me with so many high end at $$$$$.

I really like foldies hehe.

TSR series is still ok.

If its AM series or higher, then good luck to your wallet. :s13:
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
AM & TSR are made from different factory, Bradford on Avon for AM and TSR by Pashley cycle. Moulton introduce TSR as a cheap version of the AM. The build quality is also different.
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Hmmm, the Fabric Scoop saddle is good..

Went for a short test, can feel the difference upon putting my butt on it..6-7km test cycle, really comfy..
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Just went for a ride with my road bike friends.

And I realised that , no small wheels can be compared to a full size road bike. :(

Think it's time for a foldable bike that really folds (brompton) , and a real full sized road bike.


EDIT:Who am I kidding. The Birdy is so sexy. :p
 
Last edited:

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
train your engine to match the roadie :), draft behind them and get on their nerves.
I'm also looking at a roadie :p
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Just went for a ride with my road bike friends.

And I realised that , no small wheels can be compared to a full size road bike. :(

Think it's time for a foldable bike that really folds (brompton) , and a real full sized road bike.


EDIT:Who am I kidding. The Birdy is so sexy. :p

Or change friends..:s13:
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,871
Reaction score
3,141
Just went for a ride with my road bike friends.

And I realised that , no small wheels can be compared to a full size road bike. :(

Think it's time for a foldable bike that really folds (brompton) , and a real full sized road bike.


EDIT:Who am I kidding. The Birdy is so sexy. :p

That's why i have a brompton and a tern. I am selling the tern to get an even faster bike.

Now you know the rationale of having two bikes. ;)

Where do you normally cycle? Most folding bike groups won't cycle with road bikes.
 
Last edited:

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
I can draft. I can pace. But when they sprint, I'm like a fly to them. Haha.

Brompton is actually better to train on then the Birdy. It makes me out more then the Birdy. Maybe it's my preference , but I feel that igh are inefficient in power transfer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top