Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
I ever timed the journey (via pcn from CV to Marina Barrage to and fro):
From Punggol to CV and to Marina Barrage took me 90 minutes, non stop.
CV to Barrage about 1 hour.

I stopped a few times, but even then i don't think i can be as fast as you.
 

movemanism

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
611
Reaction score
0
Be prepared for quite a few slopes. It is one of the few places where i need to use inner chainring to climb, especially when being caught out at the turning angle and gradient.



What bike you on? :s11:

I'm also interested in cycling to Sentosa... have not yet done it :D
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
Be prepared for quite a few slopes. It is one of the few places where i need to use inner chainring to climb, especially when being caught out at the turning angle and gradient.



What bike you on? :s11:

roadie. Rider weak, ride simi also slow. :s13::s13:
 

ironsteel

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2010
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
Anyone can recommend foldie tyres that are faster than marathon supremes and don't puncture easily?

Was on a pair of marathon supremes that have held up really well - not a single puncture the entire time even when going off road. The tyres are comfortable enough but they are on their last days and I want to try something different. Looking at the durano, marathon plus and kojak, but I heard the kojak punctures easily? Or maybe I should go the other way for full comfort and use big apple tyres. Or just get another pair of marathon supremes again (zero punctures is really quite attractive). Any recommendations?

Sent from your grandmother's road using GAGT
 

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
13,375
Reaction score
0
LsFDBbw.jpg


shipped!!
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,871
Reaction score
3,142
roadie. Rider weak, ride simi also slow. :s13::s13:

Did you do bike fitting on your roadie?

It's pretty hard to manage 15kmh on road bike cuz chances are, just one single pedal stroke and the road bike will fly off at 25 kmh unless you are on an upslope. :s22:
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,871
Reaction score
3,142
Anyone can recommend foldie tyres that are faster than marathon supremes and don't puncture easily?

Was on a pair of marathon supremes that have held up really well - not a single puncture the entire time even when going off road. The tyres are comfortable enough but they are on their last days and I want to try something different. Looking at the durano, marathon plus and kojak, but I heard the kojak punctures easily? Or maybe I should go the other way for full comfort and use big apple tyres. Or just get another pair of marathon supremes again (zero punctures is really quite attractive). Any recommendations?

To be puncture proof, you need thick rubber, so it will be heavier, wider and slower.

To be fast, the rubber has to be thin so that it will be lighter. Don't underestimate the effects of rotational mass and rolling resistance of tyres. Abs because it is thinner, it is easier to be punctured.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,199
Reaction score
3,678
Did you do bike fitting on your roadie?

It's pretty hard to manage 15kmh on road bike cuz chances are, just one single pedal stroke and the road bike will fly off at 25 kmh unless you are on an upslope. :s22:
Maybe his speedometer spoilt la.

One stroke really can hit 25 meh? U eat alot frog legs

Sent from LGE LG-D802 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,871
Reaction score
3,142
For 10 speed Cassette, 11-25t vs 12-25t. Almost no difference right? 11T is rarely used.

I changed from 25-11 to 25-12 cassette. I gain 16t sprocket and lose 11t sprocket for ten speed cassette configuration.

Definitely a good upgrade for me since I rarely use 11t.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top