Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
13,375
Reaction score
0
Fhf1Ogk.jpg


:love:
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,879
Reaction score
3,148
When at pasir ris, do u take shortcut to avoid the steep slope at loyang?

Loyang slope steep? :s11:

53/23 on 451 enough to climb up liao. The gradient is actually pretty gentle. Its just that it is long.

Vigilante, henderson road, lor sesuai etc are pretty tortuous.
 
Last edited:

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,879
Reaction score
3,148
dont talk cock leh, i use semi race tires such as conti gp4000s, i puncture every 4000km or so on those tires.

the punture protection belt must be good, dont need to be thick

Very good marketing terms. :s13:

Schwalbe has pretty good write up on that and boasted how good their protection belt is.. but then of course i have 3 flats with their durano tyres within a space of 1 year. Ditto for my panaracer minits tyres. Apparently i ran over some small stones at seletar and it became flat. :s22:

The only tyre i used without flats is the schwalbe marathon supreme. I even cycled into a construction site with it. Also, i did e brake on this tyres on wet void deck and won't skid. The only downside is it is slower than other faster tyres.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,797
Reaction score
1,811
Very good marketing terms. :s13:

Schwalbe has pretty good write up on that and boasted how good their protection belt is.. but then of course i have 3 flats with their durano tyres within a space of 1 year. Ditto for my panaracer minits tyres. Apparently i ran over some small stones at seletar and it became flat. :s22:

The only tyre i used without flats is the schwalbe marathon supreme. I even cycled into a construction site with it. Also, i did e brake on this tyres on wet void deck and won't skid. The only downside is it is slower than other faster tyres.
huh ? no marketing fluff,

i only used continental gp4000s for the past 5 years or so , its legit stuff
 

lemongonggong

Member
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Very good marketing terms. :s13:

Ditto for my panaracer minits tyres. Apparently i ran over some small stones at seletar and it became flat. :s22:

Mounting the tyre was PITA though.

I bought some yesterday and I spent two hours trying to mount the tyre.
In the end, not even. Need to remount again :s22:
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
the PITA portion only applies to wired tyres, the folding/folded ones quite simple, you need 2 lever and 5mins.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,919
Reaction score
13,649
mounting tire difficulty also depends on the rim. my old rim needed tire lever to dig the tire out, the rear rim was even a bit bigger than the front rim. new rim use hands can liao.

as for puncture resistance, other than the puncture belt, I think rubber thickness also will play a part.
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
then u shld try the wired type :p. I also find wider tyres easier to install than narrower ones, but I believe applicable to small wheel. Brompton was a joy to work with, bare hands also can install.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,879
Reaction score
3,148
you very satki.. one pedal stroke 25kmh.. the lobang slope no kick..

Road bikes one stroke is 25 kmh. Not me. :s13:

I not on road bike. I on small wheels. :o Just slowly cycle up la. Use cadence and drop low gear and hamster up the slope.
 
Last edited:

lemongonggong

Member
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
My rims are 406 size.
Considering how tight the panaracer minits for 406 size ones are, any idea if the 451 ones can work on the 406 rims?:s13:

I didn't get to try it yesterday (cos bike not ready, snapped one chainring bolt). But I touch the tread and I quite like it.
Very grippy. More than the duranos i had prior to this.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,797
Reaction score
1,811
My rims are 406 size.
Considering how tight the panaracer minits for 406 size ones are, any idea if the 451 ones can work on the 406 rims?:s13:

I didn't get to try it yesterday (cos bike not ready, snapped one chainring bolt). But I touch the tread and I quite like it.
Very grippy. More than the duranos i had prior to this.
Definitely Cannot

Mine 9 bucks tires very tight

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00ED using GAGT
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,879
Reaction score
3,148
Then where u quoted from?

I tried road bike before. Easy to zoom off.

I was replying somebody who said that i found it ok to climb loyang slope because i could go at 25 kmh on road bike. :s22:

Anyway, its not difficult to climb loyang slope with small wheels with appropriate gearing. Just climb a few times should be ok.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top