Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
That is true. I only can sustain 11T the most 1-2 minutes. Mid range gets utilized more. Anyway, wheelonfire left 12-25t haha
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,197
Reaction score
3,678
I changed from 25-11 to 25-12 cassette. I gain 16t sprocket and lose 11t sprocket for ten speed cassette configuration.

Definitely a good upgrade for me since I rarely use 11t.
Depends the cadence u need from the chainring and cogs combination i supposed. I can feel the difference for 12 to 11t on my 53t. 12t too slow for me on the road if i want to beat traffic lights or avoid far behind cars wanting to filter me approaching slip road

Sent from LGE LG-D802 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
Probably you need to change the way you cycle. Your cadence and gear ratio maybe wrong if you need to cycle like hamster for 15km/h.

Did you do bike fitting on your roadie?

It's pretty hard to manage 15kmh on road bike cuz chances are, just one single pedal stroke and the road bike will fly off at 25 kmh unless you are on an upslope. :s22:

No, never do bike fit before. Ownself adjust ownself.

The headwinds was very strong, I find it strenous to pedal on my big chainring so I shifted down. And I try to maintain at quite a high cadence, maybe 80?

I am really slow, haha...

Sent from the right side of my brain because I will never be caught using GAGT
 

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
I usually do Friday night trip..

If not is weekend morning breakfast cycle with wife..out at 630, home by 9+am

Another comment on the crankset..I can now really feel the difference as compared to the stock square bb..although 55t, very much easier to pedal than my old 52t. Very smooth and can cruise at 27-30kmh easily..
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,197
Reaction score
3,678
Another comment on the crankset..I can now really feel the difference as compared to the stock square bb..although 55t, very much easier to pedal than my old 52t. Very smooth and can cruise at 27-30kmh easily..
On side note, some riders also like to have a spare small cog in case chain drops or becomes not smooth. Not sure how valid or whether necessary. Anyway u already quite decided because of supplier stock and is cheap. I would go ahead also.

Sent from LGE LG-D802 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
On side note, some riders also like to have a spare small cog in case chain drops or becomes not smooth. Not sure how valid or whether necessary. Anyway u already quite decided because of supplier stock and is cheap. I would go ahead also.

Sent from LGE LG-D802 using GAGT

Actually I went back to the bike shop, turns out it was not the derailleur issue, more of user issue..haha
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,929
Reaction score
2,916
Another comment on the crankset..I can now really feel the difference as compared to the stock square bb..although 55t, very much easier to pedal than my old 52t. Very smooth and can cruise at 27-30kmh easily..

S$78 well spend?? :D

I just finish fixing.. :s13:

Need to find a night time go cycle to wdls waterfront or somewhere like vivo..

YC73awCh.jpg


Ne0agrKh.jpg
 
Last edited:

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
S$78 well spend?? :D

I just finish fixing.. :s13:

Need to find a night time go cycle to wdls waterfront or somewhere like vivo..

YC73awCh.jpg


Ne0agrKh.jpg

Yes. Really well spent. Very obvious difference in pedaling.

looks good..nice black and white. Haha. Btw what is that front derailleur thing? To prevent chain come off?

woodlands waterfront is a really nice place, overlooking the JB city
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,929
Reaction score
2,916
Yes. Really well spent. Very obvious difference in pedaling.

looks good..nice black and white. Haha. Btw what is that front derailleur thing? To prevent chain come off?

woodlands waterfront is a really nice place, overlooking the JB city

Ya, so call chain stay..and probably need to wash chain, bike soon..Been awhile since i wash, only wipe down nia..

I think i solo there for 3-4 times already..Kinda like cycle there, sit down have a drink, take a break then cycle home again..

Gonna swop my old crank to my wife's n8..
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,793
Reaction score
1,810
To be puncture proof, you need thick rubber, so it will be heavier, wider and slower.

To be fast, the rubber has to be thin so that it will be lighter. Don't underestimate the effects of rotational mass and rolling resistance of tyres. Abs because it is thinner, it is easier to be punctured.
dont talk cock leh, i use semi race tires such as conti gp4000s, i puncture every 4000km or so on those tires.

the punture protection belt must be good, dont need to be thick
 

ironsteel

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2010
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
0
To be puncture proof, you need thick rubber, so it will be heavier, wider and slower.

To be fast, the rubber has to be thin so that it will be lighter. Don't underestimate the effects of rotational mass and rolling resistance of tyres. Abs because it is thinner, it is easier to be punctured.
What's a good compromise between the 2?

Sent from your grandmother's road using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top