Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphi5

Member
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Am not an expert but what i did in your case (similar issues)

#1 Get fully covered bike gloves (not fingerless)
#2 Play with height of seat
#3 Downhill raise your butt off seat so would be less sore
#4 Check your sitting bone length vs saddle length (too narrow/wide?)

Thanks for the advice. I don't understand point 4.

What is you riding position? And which Tern model are you riding?

Anyway, most of us have Ergon grips installed. I have Ergon GP5 installed on my Tern, and Ergon GP3 on my Brompton.

It's just a entry level tern C7 which i'm still quite happy with atm.

I don't really understand your question on riding position but I'll try answering to the best of my noobish ability :s13:

Seated and leaning forward, handlebar usually adjusted to the lowest height. Height of saddle is almost level with the handlebar height. Hope I gave a better idea =:p

I took a look at Ergon grips. They are quite premium items. Any idea where to get them at cheaper price?
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan
Also have to lodge with singpost.
 

Jack_Chen

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
26,873
Reaction score
1,134
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan

Did you sign clean or you indicate remarks that signs of tampering is present?

There are some regulations that protect postal services. If it is express service then you have better recourse but there may be limits on liabilities.

As you know, it's Singpost, do take photos of condition. Request their staff acknowledged item was received like that. Lastly open and inspect in their presence.

At this juncture, consider lodging police report as it may be pilferage. Goods handlers sometimes are the crooked ones. I know of 1 case in Air Cargo, caught red handed on camera. Still turn up for work like innocent man siah.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,205
Reaction score
3,678
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan
Very sad case. But I tot u would feel the parcel unusually light in weight?

Sent from dunno where using GAGT
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan

First, I would never have accepted the package in such a condition without making sure that SingPost acknowledges the damage at the post office.

Second, take pictures!

I received a Bike24 package like that. Terribly torn up. I was very surprised and I used to work for UPS! So, I took pictures, documented everything and complained to Bike24. Luckily, nothing was missing but I felt that they should know what was happening.

Hope you get something back.
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan

Wa.. That is bad news... :(

I still got a package stuck at SpeedPost...
Now I worry also.
 

iamlenon

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
38,822
Reaction score
3
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan
wtf this sucks
 

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2001
Messages
93,958
Reaction score
12,624
Extremely upset. Picked up my Bike24 package at the post office and found it was tampered and torn... Highlighted to the Singpost staff, but they said "It came like that." Peeped and it looked like the 105 cassette box was still there, and since my dad and sis were in a hurry waiting for me, so I decided to head out.

Came back home, and found - empty cassette box, everything else missing except the bicycle bell. Royally peeved. Missing: One 11 speed Wipperman Connex chain, One 5800 105 cassette, 4 pairs of disc brake pads, blanking bolts for V-brake bosses... Peeved! :mad: :sad: :mad:

What I have? Bell. Ring-ling-ling. :s22:

Writing to Bike24 now to launch an investigation...

/Dan

That sucks bro, but should had checked the contents there and then on the spot. Otherwise, tough to make claims.
 

kenzon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2011
Messages
10,042
Reaction score
1
rx7dg6Q.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top