Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,789
Reaction score
1,810
Yes. I am trying to understand and knowing myself. Knowing myself will helps align my expectation and finding suitable foldie to go along my riding style and behavior. Thanks to Aeloca helping me exploring my needs. Also, I am meow lah. That's why I can't bear to part my money just yet and too fast. :o
when u add upgrades always consider the cost of your bike.

when you spend 200 dollars but your bike is 100 sgd is it worth it ?

rather pain one times good one
 

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
12,339
Reaction score
5
Early morning try to ride before the hot sun comes out. :p

11800505_10154068611249278_6960139491458236552_n.jpg


Sun come out liao, time to head home.:s13::s13:
10983126_10154068400629278_3717052572902046366_n.jpg


11755860_10154068400844278_5925312155797484565_n.jpg
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
I want to ask u all how to clean the cassette? I know for chain I can just buy an enclosed chain cleaner container tool. But if not skillful when cleaning cassette, the dirt may get into the hub. So how to maintain it safely?

Toothbrush, degreasers and elbow grease.

I don't believe dirt can get into the hub. Well, maybe if you have a cheapo hub but...
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,777
Reaction score
2,399
There is some brand with many good pro parts but doesn't mean they are good to ride.

Good is subjective, like comfort, some may like this, some don't.

But good things don't come cheap, cheap things are not good. 90% of the time, this is true. Whether u can find out the 10% is not guaranteed.
 

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
59,431
Reaction score
4,369
Good is subjective, like comfort, some may like this, some don't.

But good things don't come cheap, cheap things are not good. 90% of the time, this is true. Whether u can find out the 10% is not guaranteed.

I fully aware. I ride the Aleoca and I realise the 6 speed is just not equivalent to the 6 speed of a Dahon/Tern. The riding experience is totally a different class. :o:(
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,869
Reaction score
3,141
Yes. I am trying to understand and knowing myself. Knowing myself will helps align my expectation and finding suitable foldie to go along my riding style and behavior. Thanks to Aeloca helping me exploring my needs. Also, I am meow lah. That's why I can't bear to part my money just yet and too fast. :o

Light. Durable. Cheap. Choose only two.

Almost all seasoned cyclist choose the first two. Light and durable but not cheap.

And I dunno how a cheap Aleoca helps you to build on your cycling experience. I have acquaintance who ran marathon but got cramps cycling on Aleoca foldie after 15km. Another cycling friend of mine also tried an Aleoca foldie and cycled from yishun dam to Yew Tee and has cramps on both his feet. Weird... He usually cycles on verge x18 and clocks 200 km weekly.

The moment that acquaintance tried my bike, he looked like Lance Armstrong. Now he sets a budget of $2000 to buy a good bicycle.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,869
Reaction score
3,141
when u add upgrades always consider the cost of your bike.

when you spend 200 dollars but your bike is 100 sgd is it worth it ?

rather pain one times good one

He will learn it the hard way next time. ;)

I can imagine he splashes a"lot of money" on an entry level foldie for $500, cycles for a while and wants to upgrade the bike, and then to his horror, he needs to spend another $700 just to upgrade his bike to 20 speed.

Then he will be cursing... Why not pay $500 + $700 = $1200 in one shot and get a way better bike when he first bought it the first time? :s13:
 

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
12,339
Reaction score
5
wah, the app can be sync online also?

Ya...I post the rides to facebook after I stop the recording on the HP. Reach home then use the facebook post to link back to see the recorded rides. But use print screen to capture the screen then post here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top