Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

flame2000

Banned
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
19,713
Reaction score
1,552
Damn it, that stoopig haze! :s16:

Me just got my Merida hardtail few weeks ago. Thgt can cycle go Sembawang park. KKN, then got this haze now!
 

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
60


Hi fellows. Have a rear disc brake that squeaks whenever the rotor rotates till a specific spot. I suspect the rotor is no longer "true".

May I know what I can do to fix it?
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4


Hi fellows. Have a rear disc brake that squeaks whenever the rotor rotates till a specific spot. I suspect the rotor is no longer "true".

May I know what I can do to fix it?
Spin the wheel and identify which is the part that needs to be straightened. Use an adjustable spanner, clip the part that you identify is bent, and then bend it back to "straighten" it. Don't squeeze the brake levers to stop the wheel, but hold the tyres instead. When done, wipe rotor with a clean rag and rubbing alcohol.

That's what I did for my sis' bike and it works fine.

Your brake pads do look really close though.

/Dan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top