
current ride.
![]()
Mind listing the specs?
I am curious about the Birdy cuz the stock parts are kinda average, but I always see very fast Birdy bicycles zipping around.
Tempted to get a Birdy and sell my Brompton, but the Birdy folding is still not as elegant and compact as Brompton.
I was doing research on which airlines carry bicycles foc and how to pack folding bicycles. Then found that the Brompton is small enuff to do a gate check.
Mind listing the specs?
I am curious about the Birdy cuz the stock parts are kinda average, but I always see very fast Birdy bicycles zipping around.
Tempted to get a Birdy and sell my Brompton, but the Birdy folding is still not as elegant and compact as Brompton.
04. Shimano 105 C-brakes
.
.
.
08. Weinmann SEC16 451 rims with Kinetix hubs
Worth to do a swap?
What's your front O.L.D? Can fit?
Can your frame accept 451 wheels?
When upgrading to 451 with caliper brakes, I think its important to visualize whether it will affect the folding.
Folding with C brakes on a Tern (which folds using N-fold) will cause some issues. This video was done by one of the Ternout members.
If you don't plan to have c brakes, you may need v-brake extension to extend your current v-brakes to grip the larger 451 rims.
Its the alivio 2015 model. changes are:
. bottom bracket changed with crank to ridea
. changed wheel to 20" 406 sunrise sr3d with schwalbe durano tires, with ridea hubs and xtr cassette.
. changed handlebar to crank brothers 30mm carbon riser bar.
. changed seatpost to litepro carbon seatpost.
. changed saddle to fabric scoop radius.
weight is now 9.3kg.
used to ride a brompton m6r, the birdy is indeed faster and easier to ride. but brompton folds more compact and is easier to fold.

My Speed P8 is stock.
I actually like the Marathon tire that I'm having now. Read reviews that it's better than the Durano. Well, the Marathon is for touring and that's what I'm going to do. Honestly I don't mind the swap ... but very reluctant to change the wheelset. Saves me money too.
Very light and powerful bike.
Whats the gearing?
Its the alivio 2015 model. changes are:
. bottom bracket changed with crank to ridea
. changed wheel to 20" 406 sunrise sr3d with schwalbe durano tires, with ridea hubs and xtr cassette.
. changed handlebar to crank brothers 30mm carbon riser bar.
. changed seatpost to litepro carbon seatpost.
. changed saddle to fabric scoop radius.
weight is now 9.3kg.
used to ride a brompton m6r, the birdy is indeed faster and easier to ride. but brompton folds more compact and is easier to fold.
Should use Capreo.
More powerful.![]()
Ur birdie hw muchie. I want to get 20" to ride with my frens.everytime take RB go meet them.like nt nice
capreo also 9 speed leh. and capreo cassette need to use capreo hub.
oh yea. currently i'm comfortable with this gear ratio. if upgrade further i think i will change to xt 9 speed shifters and change the cables. but think won't upgrade for the time being since not much weight savings and shifting is not really essential.Yeah. I am not talking about the number of gears.
I am talking about 53/9 top gear ratio.![]()
birdy alivio 2015 is $2399. but default wheel is 18".

birdy 2015 version all disc brakes liao, even the lowest spec model.I want disc version leh. Disc version seems fun
buy liao most likely i will upgrade all components to Ultegra 2 x 11 spd lolz
boh moolah leh.