Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
Been reading about wide rim wheels and tires being faster than the normal ones. I like the idea that it can more forgiving on uneven surfaces but for cornering I think our roads are mostly straight with almost no challenging turns, even 23mm tires will have no problem.

I am more interested in the comfort but how true is it when comes to speed.Expert opinions? Asking coz thinking of getting new wheels. Stick to deep rim or wide rim?
No difference

23 and 19mm no difference in speed at 35kph average no draft ..

Going super fast
Hi guys was wondering


Between 25 and 28c
Which one would you take
What are the pro and cons for each size
Usually where will you guys buy the tyres ?
I go for thinner tires normally buy online fix myself at least 30% cheaprr4

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Pretty frustrated now. Weather looks good and pollution index not dangerous. But, very sick since Friday night. :(
 

azz909

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
5,347
Reaction score
73
No difference

23 and 19mm no difference in speed at 35kph average no draft ..

Going super fast

In that case I might just go for wider trim for extra comfort. Looking around extensively, I think soul 3.0 and 4.0 give the best option.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,792
Reaction score
1,810
went for ride this morning tagged onto dawn riders train, had breakfast with them before limping back home

2.5 months of not riding :(

32143124213_zps8ew3mb4w.png


123214124123_zpsdj2pb2ed.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top