Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
Владимир;98982757 said:
Thanks, time for work out and slowly build up stamina for long distance drive. Today rode few km only then head become dizzy and legs turned soft.lol

Train, train, train. Must follow a few here forumers here. Many many are very strong and swift.
 

beano

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,571
Reaction score
3,263
Cycled to and fro for work today..

bonus pic

7DzmPnaJA0Ud6jVMqHE7WBUNKrb0-Sdatx81EW8CIIk-768x557.jpg
 

katty91

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
6,200
Reaction score
65
Hi.. My bf wants to get a road bike recently. So I'm planning a surprise for him. He's new to the road bike scene, I'm a greenhorn as well. Any brand, bike model to recommend? And any shop which I can get it from at a reasonable price (Budget 1-1.5k) or is there any second hand bike/clearance sales bike worth to get in the market at this moment. I have also read up about the gear, and I think 105 is pretty decent for him.
 

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
11,050
Reaction score
210
Hi.. My bf wants to get a road bike recently. So I'm planning a surprise for him. He's new to the road bike scene, I'm a greenhorn as well. Any brand, bike model to recommend? And any shop which I can get it from at a reasonable price (Budget 1-1.5k) or is there any second hand bike/clearance sales bike worth to get in the market at this moment. I have also read up about the gear, and I think 105 is pretty decent for him.

U cannot just anyhow buy a road bike. The size need to match his body size. 105 is ok for starters.
 

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
60,917
Reaction score
18
Hi.. My bf wants to get a road bike recently. So I'm planning a surprise for him. He's new to the road bike scene, I'm a greenhorn as well. Any brand, bike model to recommend? And any shop which I can get it from at a reasonable price (Budget 1-1.5k) or is there any second hand bike/clearance sales bike worth to get in the market at this moment. I have also read up about the gear, and I think 105 is pretty decent for him.

What's his height, and if possible, do you know his inseam? For that price range, I'm guessing maybe a Giant or Polygon bike will fit the budget. Second hand bike maybe still can, depending on how well the previous owner took care of his bike.

If buying a new bike, just be careful not to get sold a bike that's wrongly sized for your bf. Meaning either too big or too small. And ya, bikes do come in sizes, like clothing. :D

P.S. Inseam is the inside measurement of his leg, from groin to sole.
 
Last edited:

de5ert

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
469
Reaction score
0
Hi.. My bf wants to get a road bike recently. So I'm planning a surprise for him. He's new to the road bike scene, I'm a greenhorn as well. Any brand, bike model to recommend? And any shop which I can get it from at a reasonable price (Budget 1-1.5k) or is there any second hand bike/clearance sales bike worth to get in the market at this moment. I have also read up about the gear, and I think 105 is pretty decent for him.
Yeah 105 is gd. Try hup leong at chinatown? The bikes there are pretty cheap and good. Merida is a good brand.

Sent from Samsung SM-G900F using GAGT
 

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
59,431
Reaction score
4,369
Your drive train also same as mine right? 9 speed, alivio shifter and Sora rd. Soon you might realise the shifting of gears is not so smooth. Perhaps can research together.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

I havent really try since I have very low expectation. I bought the 565 dollar version. :o Matt Black with red fury rims hoping to get some attraction and a fling. :o
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top