Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
so like upgrading to 3 x 10 speed instead?

No... your wheelset most likely won't allow you to upgrade to >8 speed cuz your 7 cassette is together with your hub. It will be a very expensive upgrade. You have to change wheelset, cassette, chain, derailleur, shifter...

If you keep outspinning on your current bike, you need to upgrade to higher chain ring to increase your gear ratio. Changing to slicker tyres do help to increase rolling speed.
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
Mountain bikes are normally on 43t front?

Change to 50t front chain ring. Ha!
But got such thing meh? 50t/33t for the front?

Do you guys thing it's possible that an elastomer suspension can cause creaking noise?
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
Mountain bikes are normally on 43t front?

Change to 50t front chain ring. Ha!
But got such thing meh? 50t/33t for the front?

Do you guys thing it's possible that an elastomer suspension can cause creaking noise?

Road crankset are like 50/34. But MTB crankset seldom have this combination due the nature of the riding style.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
Mountain bikes are normally on 43t front?

Change to 50t front chain ring. Ha!
But got such thing meh? 50t/33t for the front?

Do you guys thing it's possible that an elastomer suspension can cause creaking noise?

Super large FD spotted... :eek:
 

breezy

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
????.???.?



I only buying to colour customise my bike actually Haha.

I see..the grips are not bad la tbh but I bought at $38, maybe a bit ex.. Edit: paiseh just realise mine is GA1. But similar to GE1 la. Ge1 more exp I think
 
Last edited:

cyberian

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,586
Reaction score
0
Pengerang ride

Anyone recently done a Pengerang ride? Heard the old road is close and new route is not safe.
 

JonnoK

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Tyrell fx or Tern Eclipse p20

Hi all,

May I check which one is more suited for road please? I think the tern p20 has an advantage coz of the bigger wheel to maintain speed easier but I also think Tyrell fx is good enough as well.

need advice please.

Thank you.
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
Hi all,

May I check which one is more suited for road please? I think the tern p20 has an advantage coz of the bigger wheel to maintain speed easier but I also think Tyrell fx is good enough as well.

need advice please.

Thank you.

what is your definition of maintain speed? how fast you talking about? dunno about Tern, the Tyrell on good days can maintain at ~30-36km with ease. The 406 wheelset isn't consider big though =:p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top