Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

liewhl

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone knows where to get replacement ear pads for ath-ws33? I contacted audio technica directly and they quoted me sgd$50 per pair. Which I find ridiculous! Would appreciate any suggestions or alternatives.

you can look for brainwave earpad for ath on amazon

eng11658

Reaction score
Hi guys wanna ask the experienced users here... I am looking for new headphones for movies, music (Chinese and Korean Pop music, dance music) and casual gaming (not hardcore fps )

Would the M40x be sufficient? Or are there better options?

gary92

Reaction score
I think for casual use. Movies music and headphones. I think it is sufficient if you can get a good px for it. Check carousell. If you can afford it. M50x would have more bass. M40 is tuned somewhat flat. Try the vmoda's? Bass heavier

liewhl

Reaction score
Hi guys wanna ask the experienced users here... I am looking for new headphones for movies, music (Chinese and Korean Pop music, dance music) and casual gaming (not hardcore fps )

Would the M40x be sufficient? Or are there better options?

It depend on the source which you are going to use. If you are only going to plug it directly into your pc then I should say m40 should be ok.

Randius

Reaction score
The almost-becoming-vaporware HA5050H was displayed during the IFA2015 and mentioned to be available in Europe in a few months' time but the price will be around 4,000 GBP (equiv. 9,800 SGD) Too expensive to be considered :v

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The almost-becoming-vaporware HA5050H was displayed during the IFA2015 and mentioned to be available in Europe in a few months' time but the price will be around 4,000 GBP (equiv. 9,800 SGD) Too expensive to be considered :v

I'm speculating that the japanese marketing teams in ATH Japan may be too busy with their product planning for the next wave of latest IEM/headphone products, as re-checking their portfolio schedule strategy in the past it seems that ATH Japan usually has this tradition of releasing a horde of new products especially for IEMs during late Oct/November period. Since the IM series was last unveiled during 2 years ago ard October 2013 period (which replaced the CK100Pro/CK90ProMKII models back in 2011) , maybe next mth we will see some announcements from them soon?

Perhaps you can help sniff out some insider news for us from ATH SEA side? *tongue in cheek mode*
:crazy:

promise

Reaction score
hi all!

i've got a pair of Audio Technica ATH-IM03 bought on 30th June 2015 at Stereo, Plaza Singapura up for sale.

used less than 20 times, boxes, receipt, all tips intact.
free a pair of lunashops silver coated cables!

bought at $488, willing to let go at $300.

PM me! :)

likehotbutter

Master Member
Reaction score
Bloody PU quality on the M50xbl is seriously bad. Only light usage and the headband and earpad is peeling like mad.

And cause its considered consumables cannot claim warranty....

jayenciel

Reaction score
A900Ti / A1000X / A2000X

Hello,
I've been eyeing these 3 cans around the same price range I found lately:
A900Ti/ A1000x/ A2000x
I need help choosing between these models and need some input on their sonic differences. Is there any places besides Jaben and Stereo which carries demo sets of these cans??

So far I've heard A900x, A950ltd and A1000x
Between the A950LTD and A1000x I really couldn't decide which I prefer more.
A950LTD- More controlled and forward, rounder treble, slightly mellower
and has better clamp.
Whereas the A1000x sounded brighter, more sparkly and delicate. Treble more detailed, bass extends deeper.
I liked the A900x initially (the soundstage and vocals blew me away)
It has more bass quantity then A1000x but sounded grainier.
The refinement of the A1000x has made me drool for it ever since.

Last edited:

aabeesee

Master Member
Reaction score
hi to those m50x users, or any other headphone users who can fit these earpads:

i'm looking to ship a pair of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC84...d=1424548354&sr=8-1&keywords=srh+840+ear+pads

though it's from amazon, it doesn't ship to singapore, so i'm hoping to find out if any of you all would be interested to share if i ship it via 65daigou (likely to be another SGD4.50)

interested do pm me! thanks. :)

commandowolf

Reaction score
I have the M50x, and the quality of the pleather is damn bad, not even a year with moderate usage and cracking, i had to throw away the stock earpads cos they were stinking so badly like someone **** in them even after i wash so many times with warm water and soap. yea the shure HP840 earpads are a much better option to buying the damned stock pads for $40+, they are cushier and slightly larger, pushing the driver a bit from your ear, and tame the lows and highs a bit.

Anyone know how to fix the damn headband? previously have some post on HWZ long long time ago on some cloth patch ribbon for $2 at daiso, cannot find leh. :(

aabeesee

Master Member
Reaction score
I have the M50x, and the quality of the pleather is damn bad, not even a year with moderate usage and cracking, i had to throw away the stock earpads cos they were stinking so badly like someone **** in them even after i wash so many times with warm water and soap. yea the shure HP840 earpads are a much better option to buying the damned stock pads for $40+, they are cushier and slightly larger, pushing the driver a bit from your ear, and tame the lows and highs a bit.

Anyone know how to fix the damn headband? previously have some post on HWZ long long time ago on some cloth patch ribbon for $2 at daiso, cannot find leh. :(

what's wrong with the headband? im still looking for reasonably priced replacement earpads. :o

commandowolf

Reaction score
what's wrong with the headband? im still looking for reasonably priced replacement earpads. :o

There aren't gonna be many options anyways, i replaced mine with the shure earpads last year hahaha, they are priced reasonably enough compared to buying the stock pads from the service center.

JabEmga.jpg

Neh, headband start to crack lor, i jin sad leh i take care so well... Going stronk for almost 2 years liao den liddis... Cant complain much lah i abuse here and there, walking around in this weather of singapore + sweat and use during live sound engineering hahaha

aabeesee

Master Member
Reaction score
There aren't gonna be many options anyways, i replaced mine with the shure earpads last year hahaha, they are priced reasonably enough compared to buying the stock pads from the service center.

JabEmga.jpg

Neh, headband start to crack lor, i jin sad leh i take care so well... Going stronk for almost 2 years liao den liddis... Cant complain much lah i abuse here and there, walking around in this weather of singapore + sweat and use during live sound engineering hahaha

wa looks like it's been through quite a bit!

can i ask how much you got the shure earpads for and from where? thank you in advance.

commandowolf

Reaction score
wa looks like it's been through quite a bit!

can i ask how much you got the shure earpads for and from where? thank you in advance.

Had them shipped from amazon last year when it was eligible for Amazonglobal saver shipping hahaha, slightly more expensive last year though. Just take note that they are slightly larger than the cups of the M50x and can come off easily.

tech_oasis

Reaction score
I looking for a pair of headphones under 100 for watching movies at home.Considering the m20x vs m30x. Any other recommendations most welcome.

Thanks

Reaction score
AT just released a few new models!
Short summary of what's new in the new models.

Earsuit Series:
ATH-ES750
  • Successor to the ATH-ES700
  • Specially designed Earsuit series detachable cable with A2DC connector
  • Seems like it's using a newly designed driver

ATH-ESW950
  • Successor to the ATH-ESW9
  • Sycamore wood housing
  • Specially designed Earsuit series detachable cable with A2DC connector
  • Seems like it's using a newly designed driver

Art Monitor Series:
ATH-A500Z/ATH-A900Z
  • Successor to the ATH-A500X/ATH-A900X
  • Newly designed driver
  • Improved 3D wing support headband
  • Improved earpads

ATH-A1000Z/ATH-A2000Z
  • Successor to the ATH-A1000X/ATH-A2000X
  • Newly designed driver
  • Improved 3D wing support headband
  • Improved earpads
  • Independent ground for L/R channel

Randius

Reaction score
lol, why you totally ignored the new CKS and WS models. As for the drivers on ESW950, it is hard to say whether it is a complete redesign or a change of component, for the description merely mentioned using a strong magnetic, unibody yoke.

btw, though the A2DC connector looks kinda similar to MMCX but it has zero compatibility with MMCX cables.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.