Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

dragonbryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guy, I'm looking for an open can, us ad900x a good choice. Tried it once and really like it but was wondering if there Andre better options or maybe more value for money cans. So far I have the m50x, and yes the earpad quality is HORRIBLE

Reaction score
shiok shiok?
I think its better than IM series leh..
But don't know why CKR series like not v popular here

lent a fren for about 30min and he din wana return already so... ;) apart from being big i think it looks quite pretty and sounds good, a tad more bass will be perfect :)

quite limited too as only spotted one wearing CKR9LTD in the wild so far

maybe it's the price point vs other available options i guess

more exp then popular IM50/70, close to IM02, new push pull drivers instead of the tested proven multiple drivers BA plus the fact cannot change cables

are u planning to get 1 or already have one?

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get CKR-9LTD previously but out of stock.
Think I'll settle for CKR-9 instead.

From most reviews, it seems CKR-9 has more crisp mid-high end, CKR-10 more forward and bassy, while CKR-9LTD is the "middle ground" of the 2.

Reaction score
haven got a chance to hear CKR9 so can't tell the difference

but CKR9 and CKR9LTD, from what i read, are quite different, with CKR9LTD closer to CKR10

amelia80

Master Member
Reaction score
hello all

hi guys..i'm sorry to ask noob question. i listen a lot of jay chou music and some 80's rock ballads. is it ok to buy im02? will it be suitable?

i like to listen to karen mok jazz too..

thks!

ongbenghui

Reaction score
Bring your DAP to Jaben at Adelphi with your favorite music to try out. Suggest you try between im50, im70, im02 & im03 to compare which is your favorite.

Randius

Reaction score
hi guys..i'm sorry to ask noob question. i listen a lot of jay chou music and some 80's rock ballads. is it ok to buy im02? will it be suitable?

i like to listen to karen mok jazz too..

thks!

IMO2 is not really suitable for male vocal. IM70 or IM03 may be more suitable.

amelia80

Master Member
Reaction score
IMO2 is not really suitable for male vocal. IM70 or IM03 may be more suitable.

Oh wow..thks. I think I want to thrash my moto g and get a fiio x3 gen 2. Will that player do well with this im02? Hmmmm...im03 is new to me. I better go read up more again

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Some say the IM03 sounds rather technical and flat. But it suits me. I'm not a bass head or treble lover, so its does well in a rather neutral sense. 3 BA drivers, one high one mid one low. Works well with my LG G3 and AK Jr, IM03 is my non-custom IEM for quite a long time, personal preference is to match an oxidised copper type cable to it.

But ultimately, the best way to confirm it is to go down and pair it with the DAP you want to get, and audit it yourself.

ongbenghui

Reaction score
Oh wow..thks. I think I want to thrash my moto g and get a fiio x3 gen 2. Will that player do well with this im02? Hmmmm...im03 is new to me. I better go read up more again

suggest you don't waste time reading, because the real truth is on your ear.

just bring your player to try them. the jaben staffs are quite nice.

the only challenge then, is to decide which one fit your budget. for me, I ended up with a im50.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a pair of A2000x a while ago and had been using it for a few weeks. Before that I was using HD595 -> M50 -> DT880. DT880 is great but it's an open can. A lot of times while doing work I prefer a closed can to better concentrate so I got an A2000x from amazon for about 400 USD.

Some impressions:
(Using a fiio E17, upgrading the amp/DAC soon)

It's very neutral. Nothing seems too pronounced. Bass is a bit on the light side compared to DT880.

Huge sound stage. It's a closed can but feels as open as a HD595, and have an even wider sound stage than DT880 which is a partially open can.

Very comfortable. You don't even feel you are wearing anything on your head because of the light material used and the 3D wing design.

Extremely analytical and detailed with great instrument separation. I could hear a lot of things I couldn't hear before on my other cans. In some music like aviici, I could even hear the faint disc scratching sound amidst all the loud EDM.
Some pics:
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

It's not the coolest design out there. I would have to say I really hate the "Art Monitor" words on the can. The font looks so cheap. If they had removed it and just left the Audio Technica logo and name on there it would have been so much more classy.

Last edited:

xuan87

Reaction score
Can be any brand, but i am listening from my phone most of the time. Budget around $300 thereabout?

Jaben offering the Ocharaku Sui now for $299, you can go try it out. I'm planning to demo it soon after all the rave reviews I've heard over the years.

From Audio Technica, I will go for either the CKR9 or 10.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.