The resolution of PW is higher than the basic. Actually generally speaking, Kindles are not very good for pdfs (those with complex layouts) due to the small screen size and speed of panning.
thank u, then i will just get the basic, to try out.
The resolution of PW is higher than the basic. Actually generally speaking, Kindles are not very good for pdfs (those with complex layouts) due to the small screen size and speed of panning.
Hi guys,
I am interested in getting a kindle but am not very sure how it works. I usually have the ebooks in epub format.. does it work on a kindle? Does the kindle has usb port so I can transfer the files? Does kindly need data plan?
Hope to get some knowledge about a kindle before I actually purchase one.
By the way, where is a good place to buy a kindle? Thank you all in advance.
Hi guys,
I am interested in getting a kindle but am not very sure how it works. I usually have the ebooks in epub format.. does it work on a kindle? Does the kindle has usb port so I can transfer the files? Does kindly need data plan?
Hope to get some knowledge about a kindle before I actually purchase one.
By the way, where is a good place to buy a kindle? Thank you all in advance.
for reading pdf, any difference of performance between basic and pw?
If your epubs are not protected, you can use Calibre to convert to .mobi (the Kindle format).
You can either buy a Kindle from amazon, shipping it to a forwarder like comgateway or borderlinx (cheapest) as S'pore is not an 'approved kindle country', or get it from a local importer (more expensive).

>>So if anyone ever want to ship more than one Kindle Basic to Singapore, I recommend that you order from Amazon individually. that is, try not to buy more than one Kindle at a time or else they will likely repackage it into a larger box...
Yes aside from the S$400 limitation, the trick is to find out the 'optimum' number of devices shipped together. How many Kindle basics would you say can fit one standard 'envelope'?
the offer is back for the christmas
still pondering
What's the frequency that Amazon would come up with new models? When's the next period that new kindles would be introduced? Anyone knows? tks.
kindle or paper white?![]()

PW... But it looks complicated to do those shipping, gotta research a little.![]()
its easy actually. done it every year except this year.
may fav is borderlinx, delivered within 10days
dun bother vpost, they sucks
Yea, just hooted the paperwhite few hours ago
I chose CGW since I don't have a citibank card.
Edit: Just checked out Borderlinx and just realised they now accept other banks cards... Lol.
lol with citibank card they offer some basic insurance i think
they are delivered by DHL where u can track and call up DHL for an arrange time of delivery
let us know your PW review soon. any reason why u choose kindle instead of a tablet?
Nice to know BL accepts more credit cards now, I'll try it...
The display technology of a tablet is totally different from Kindles (which has more or less alien technology). For long-form reading, the latter is the best!![]()
but kindle doesnt support color doh. some book i read got picture with is better with colors
also i read emag too