Budget IEM (Chit Chat)

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,645
Reaction score
39,086
ggqLwyb.jpeg
qrRXYkr.jpeg
poMUPrE.jpeg
MmmSbtL.jpeg
GHbhEuL.jpeg
kfnKz31.jpeg
SAJhJsa.jpeg

KS ESX $20.93 + KZ 784 Cores Gold Silver Upgrade Cable $11.55 (Bundle Price)

K7nVqu5.jpeg

KZ Vader Balanced $28.23 + KZ 784 Cores Silver Blue Upgrade Cable $11.55 (Bundle Price)

5MEkNhH.jpeg
tfBDvnl.jpeg
 
Last edited:

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,645
Reaction score
39,086
So far the ESX with TRN Ear Tips is very nice, the default L ear tips somehow did not gave the right side a good fit could be me didn't fit properly as I could hear lesser bass... meaning the seal is not there.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,645
Reaction score
39,086


It is exactly what this guy said... relaxed... even relaxed enough to play games with the other IEM I have I find the bass too overpowering to play games with.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,645
Reaction score
39,086
sg-11134201-7ra0k-m58hj8ckbz134c.webp


KZ actually did have full size over the ear headphone wireless somemore...



Seriously the headphone looks like Takstar Pro80. :LOL:
 
Last edited:

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,645
Reaction score
39,086
KZ Vader balanced so far quite versatile, less bass than Castor Pro (Bass) but treble got more clarity and resolution. The bass is punchy.

KZ ESX is almost like a very relax V-shape bassy but still not as bassy as Castor Pro (Bass) decent mids and treble but no where close to Vader or hybrid and planar. Maybe that is why it is so decent for gaming doesn't overly emphasize anything especially bass my other IEM all not suitable for gaming as the bass is too rumbly as I do have to turn on my Creative ZxR effects to improve the surround and sounds etc.. so with it on... it is too much. ESX just nice dun have this issue.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,645
Reaction score
39,086
Saw this reddit thread asking about single driver vs multi or hybrid. Thought I explain my own experience.

Having started with KZ ZS10 Pro (10mm DD + 4 BA) since last November, then later I got Planar KZ PRX, then Castor Pro Bass (2 x 10mm DD), CCA Hydro (7mm DD + 8mm DD + 8 x BA) and recently added KZ ESX (Single 12mm DD) and KZ Vader (3 x 8mm DD). While all of them sound decent, but the DD implementation lacks a certain sparkle that I hear from the hybrids, which kinda makes the overall listening experience more alive.

Planar is hard to explain... while it is nice.. but it kinda lacks the bass I kinda enjoy with the DD type, it has bass but different. But CCA Hydro give me the bass I really enjoys while also having that lively sparkle.

That might explains why all the kilobucks IEMS almost certainly are all some kind of hybrid... cannot imagine a single DD IEM selling at kilobucks... :sick:
 
Last edited:

Lustgan

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2022
Messages
2,193
Reaction score
586
Saw this reddit thread asking about single driver vs multi or hybrid. Thought I explain my own experience.

Having started with KZ ZS10 Pro (1 DD + 4 BA) since last November, then later I got Planar KZ PRX, then Castor Pro Bass (2 x 10mm DD), CCA Hydro (2 x DD + 8 x BA) and recently added KZ ESX (Single 12mm DD) and KZ Vader (3 x 8mm DD). While all of them sound decent, but the DD implementation lacks a certain sparkle that I hear from the hybrids, which kinda makes the overall listening experience more alive.

Planar is hard to explain... while it is nice.. but it kinda lacks the bass I kinda enjoy with the DD type, it has bass but different. But CCA Hydro give me the bass I really enjoys while also having that lively sparkle.

That might explains why all the kilobucks IEMS almost certainly are all some kind of hybrid... cannot imagine a single DD IEM selling at kilobucks... :sick:
Advise u to try out kefine delci its a very good iem i been using for like 6 month really shock me for the price
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,645
Reaction score
39,086
Advise u to try out kefine delci its a very good iem i been using for like 6 month really shock me for the price
Hmm single DD ar?? I actually was aiming for KZ Zenith... but still waiting for it to not be pre-order on Shopee... it is actually around the same price range as Kefine Delci. :unsure:

I mean ultimately I might not get even the KZ Zenith. :sick:
 
Last edited:

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
9,042
Reaction score
416
I suggest those who are unsure... can pick up one under $20 to play with it... low costs low risk mar.. :sick:

9YRoBf9.png


Just dunno when will I ever see this price again... by the time this discount pop up, I already bought 2 pairs from Amazon at $30++ to $20++... :sick:
how is bass?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top