Budget IEM (Chit Chat)

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,604
Reaction score
39,058
Bro. You are right. The CCA Hydro is really🔥🔥🔥.
Extremely happy with it.
With it I'm hearing sounds in music I've listened to for years yet never heard so clearly before. Every bass note, hi-hat, tom etc is distinct yet natural. Voices are great. :LOL:
The sound stage is an upgrade from my KZ ZS10 Pro X. Feels larger and more layered.
Love the switches. I use On-On-On-Off most often cos it feels the most balanced to me. But if I just want to feel the bass when working out then I go On-On-Off-Off.
fbcuteboy.gif
hasher-sticker.gif
looping-infinite-loop.gif
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,604
Reaction score
39,058
Just tested the Zenith with these tracks :) very impressed ...Thanks BW for the recommendation :)




I got recommend Zenith meh? :ROFLMAO:

While it is nice... I do not necessarily think it is better than CCA Hydro though, but it is suitable for gaming and movies I guess due to is open back nature. The weird thing is when I go out, I actually bring ZS10 Pro out with Creative SXFI AMP. Dun feel comfortable bring out the nicer IEMs... ever bring out Castor Pro also.

Dun like it if accidentally drop and leave a scratch on it.. or worse... damage it.

Recently I also been listening less to IEMs, instead focus on rotating between my over ear headphone, Fidelio X3, Sennheiser HD600, HD599SE or Philips SHP9500. Both X3 and SHP95000 I have replace them with thicker cooling gel ear pads.
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,693
Reaction score
9,423
wa TS deleted the Sennheiser thread le?

Wanna ask buddies for opinion...been deciding between these IEMs...which one do u like?

1. TRN Shell (3DD 1Planar)
2. Shouer S12 (Planar)
3. Simgot EW 300 ( 1Planar 1DD 1PZT)
 

nonameless

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
8,107
Reaction score
4,996
Wonder if tuning can be digitally copied. some 1 dd only iem cost more than 1k, so basically 95% of the cost is tuning. Copy then mass produced into $50 iem.
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,693
Reaction score
9,423
Wonder if tuning can be digitally copied. some 1 dd only iem cost more than 1k, so basically 95% of the cost is tuning. Copy then mass produced into $50 iem.
Guess some of them R&D until chamber la, magnets la, damping/resonance control, Membrane la, Carbon Graphite la, Titanium coating la.....swee swee no horse run liao then charge gao gao?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top