Budget IEM (Chit Chat)

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,591
Reaction score
39,058
sg-11134201-7qvek-lj13d0yic5ql36.webp


Less than $5 on shopee... MX500 :ROFLMAO:
 

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323

Hoot the project meta last month, arrived last Friday
My first IEMs... hoot cause popular sinkie youtuber and limited run.
Been mostly using headphones... The listening experience on IEMs is very different from headphones....

Regret not buying

Cause I tried at CanJam SG since I don't wanna blind buy, loved it but by then sold out liao

Ended up buying a ThieAudio Hype 4 at CanJam
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,545
Reaction score
2,865
That’s what I tot initially when I decided to buy the Castro Pro.
then I found the default ear tip no good, then I spent a little bit more on spinfit (actually the ear tips cost more than the IEM itself hahaha)
then I found the cable with usb end no good, then I spent a little bit more on FIIO KA13 (and this adapter cost much much much more than the IEM plus ear tips).
Overall, total cost is still cheaper than my old AirPod pro (battery almost died) or shokz openrun (which I used while working in office), and sound quality wise, castro pro is really good.. no regrets at all..
Castro Pro still good? Buy the bass or non-bass version?

If use KZ AN01 buy no mic to save some $$?

How about KZ ZSN Pro or KZ ZSN Pro X?
 
Last edited:

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,591
Reaction score
39,058
Castro Pro still good? Buy the bass or non-bass version?

If use KZ AN01 buy no mic to save some $$?

How about KZ ZSN Pro or KZ ZSN Pro X?
I only have Castor Pro (Bass) so far is not bad... the other 2 you mentioned I dun have them so hard to comment on it.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,545
Reaction score
2,865
I only have Castor Pro (Bass) so far is not bad... the other 2 you mentioned I dun have them so hard to comment on it.
What can I get for a budget of $30 or less? :ROFLMAO:

I usually listen to pop, tracks like Hotel California and classical music, what IEM is good for those?
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,591
Reaction score
39,058
What can I get for a budget of $30 or less? :ROFLMAO:

I usually listen to pop, tracks like Hotel California and classical music, what IEM is good for those?
Actually hybrid would be nice.

If you can up your budget a bit.. CCA Rhapsody around $50 would be nice. I actually wanted to recommend ZA12 but it seems to be $20 more. :sick:

Just take note I do not own any of them, I have ZS10 Pro but that one is really old model I think the newer model have better Dynamic Driver in them giving better bass.

I dun have CCA Rhapsody but I have the bigger bro CCA Hydro, that one is detailed and very nice punchy bass just how I like it. KZ Castor Pro have bass but it has more quantity not really quality, the mids and treble can be a bit lacking compared to Hydro as it simply does not have the BA inside to reach that kind of details.

If you want a easy to listen to and smooth feeling KZ Zenith is something you can consider, it uses their new Super Linear Dynamic Driver. And it came with a leather pouch and 6 pair of ear tips... but I would call it as 2 types as they comes in 3 sizes.
 
Last edited:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,545
Reaction score
2,865
Actually hybrid would be nice.

If you can up your budget a bit.. CCA Rhapsody around $50 would be nice. I actually wanted to recommend ZA12 but it seems to be $20 more. :sick:

Just take note I do not own any of them, I have ZS10 Pro but that one is really old model I think the newer model have better Dynamic Driver in them giving better bass.

I dun have CCA Rhapsody but I have the bigger bro CCA Hydro, that one is detailed and very nice punchy bass just how I like it. KZ Castor Pro have bass but it has more quantity not really quality, the mids and treble can be a bit lacking compared to Hydro as it simply does not have the BA inside to reach that kind of details.

If you want a easy to listen to and smooth feeling KZ Zenith is something you can consider, it uses their new Super Linear Dynamic Driver. And it came with a leather pouch and 6 pair of ear tips... but I would call it as 2 types as they comes in 3 sizes.
I read from many reviews that Caster Pro is really good, dual DD. Is BA better for mids and highs given I listen to classical and instrumental music?

Those entry level 1xDD 1xBA good enough? ZSN Pro 2, Krila, Pro X?
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,591
Reaction score
39,058
I read from many reviews that Caster Pro is really good, dual DD. Is BA better for mids and highs given I listen to classical and instrumental music?

Those entry level 1xDD 1xBA good enough? ZSN Pro 2, Krila, Pro X?
Actually those might be good also, best thing about KZ IEM is the price... can afford to try different type.. to find one you like. But Castor Pro is quite popular... but I dunno about the Silver version... as I dun have it.

My first reaction to Castor Pro black is how come it is so good at this price. :ROFLMAO:
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,545
Reaction score
2,865
Actually those might be good also, best thing about KZ IEM is the price... can afford to try different type.. to find one you like. But Castor Pro is quite popular... but I dunno about the Silver version... as I dun have it.

My first reaction to Castor Pro black is how come it is so good at this price. :ROFLMAO:
What kind of music is Caster Pro black good for?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top