Budget IEM (Chit Chat)

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,593
Reaction score
39,058
Hybrids does have loudness coherency issues. It’s not that noticeable on most music but for certain music instruments, the directionality/timing/loudness balance of certain music instruments may sound to be out of alignment. But this is speaking from my own perspective after being in this hobby for a long time.

Personally I prefer single driver IEMs or tube-less multi-BA designs. These would have a more uniform/harmonious sound experience over the more unpredictable sounding hybrids.

Then maybe he should just buy Castor Pro sua... since it is 2 x Dynamic Driver.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,593
Reaction score
39,058
BTW, how far does the iem sit inside your ear? Same like a regular in-ear earphone or deeper?
Actually depends on the ear tips... and the nozzle... if you use comply foam tip I think it goes a bit more deeper compared to regular silicone. But even within silicone ear tips there are some which will goes much deeper.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,593
Reaction score
39,058
Haha, I was thinking buy Castor Pro but max out the level of mid-high compared to buying a 1DD+1BA hybrid which may have inconsistent sound.
If you want mid-high maybe get the silver one?? The black one really for bass lover.

But if your concern is not bass, you can really consider KZ Zenith, it is quite detailed and clear. I think @tuckloong like it for those symphony concert music I think. I am okay with it.. but at about the same time I switch over to getting my Sennheiser HD600 already lol... so did not listen to it a lot. I do find it suitable for gaming, too much bass gets in the way of first person shooter.
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,692
Reaction score
9,423
If you want mid-high maybe get the silver one?? The black one really for bass lover.

But if your concern is not bass, you can really consider KZ Zenith, it is quite detailed and clear. I think @tuckloong like it for those symphony concert music I think. I am okay with it.. but at about the same time I switch over to getting my Sennheiser HD600 already lol... so did not listen to it a lot. I do find it suitable for gaming, too much bass gets in the way of first person shooter.
Ya Zenith is so much better than the simi Saga la :p ish those IEM cheap cheap use for commute or listen in office....lost liao wont heart pain

can beo these also
- Moondrop Chu II
- Tangzu Waner II
- Blon BL 03
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,593
Reaction score
39,058
Ya Zenith is so much better than the simi Saga la :p ish those IEM cheap cheap use for commute or listen in office....lost liao wont heart pain

can beo these also
- Moondrop Chu II
- Tangzu Waner II
- Blon BL 03
Want cheap must get this below.

rDRp7my.png
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,547
Reaction score
2,865
How many of you guys listen via a usb c to 3.5mm connection instead of a bluetooth adapter like KZ AN01?

Does the brand or quailty of the usb c to 3.5mm adapter make a difference?
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,593
Reaction score
39,058
How many of you guys listen via a usb c to 3.5mm connection instead of a bluetooth adapter like KZ AN01?

Does the brand or quailty of the usb c to 3.5mm adapter make a difference?
When I am at home, I mainly use my Creative ZxR soundcard that is installed in one of the PCI-E slot... yeah I used a PC desktop with a 10+ years old sound card.

Or else I can use FiiO K7 Desktop DAC/AMP... but sometimes I might switch over to Creative SXFI AMP (portable DAC AMP with only 3.5mm) or FiiO KA13 (Portable DAC AMP with 3.5mm and balanced 4.4mm jack).
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,692
Reaction score
9,423
How many of you guys listen via a usb c to 3.5mm connection instead of a bluetooth adapter like KZ AN01?

Does the brand or quailty of the usb c to 3.5mm adapter make a difference?
U talking about Type C to IEM with or without DAC?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top