Built a brand new rig or wait ........

katoboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
47
U might want to consider used parts as well to build yr new rig. Many are still with warranty, the setback is mainly for RX 6800 u are looking at $1900+.
I prefer all brand new stocks and i set the amount of $5500 for this rig to my daily use and enjoyment.
 

jaspok

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1
I prefer all brand new stocks and i set the amount of $5500 for this rig to my daily use and enjoyment.
That’s gd with this budget u can even consider a RTX 3090 at $4k to get the most frame $ can buy đŸ˜‰
 

katoboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
47
Found out from Aftershock that they also don't have the stocks of Sapphire Nitro 6800XT too :cry:
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,247
Reaction score
5,346
Found out from Aftershock that they also don't have the stocks of Sapphire Nitro 6800XT too :cry:
You can configure a 3080 and 5900x for about 4K+ at aftershock. But not sure if stock is readily available. There are places you can trim. For instance, not sure if you really need a 2tb nvme SSD for games. That really adds to the cost. The 1000W psu is also a little high. I'm driving my current config and I have fans and 6 disks I I'm still on a 850W psu.

Do your sums. Some parts you might be better off getting yourself and adding it in, particularly items like ssd, maybe ram.
 
Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
Thank for advise as i never bought things fro Amazon and afraid if the item faulty and time to wait i do not know what to do as mention SLS shop told me even 2-3 months time no promise got stocks.
Parts like SSD and RAM are easy to RMA and will not cost much. In addition, these parts have fairly low failure rate. If something goes wrong with it within 2 weeks (Amazon SG) or 1 month (Amazon US), you can always ask for return and get your money back (without shipping or tax). If you buy the SSD and RAM, it should not have any tax.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
Sadly that found out from Aftershock chatroom inquire they do not have the Sapphire Nitro 6800XT told me to wait for 2 months and no promise.
I think they will try to ask you to get the Zotac RTX 3080, like they did the last time when I asked them about the 6800 XT Nitro as well. According to the CS, that is the brand they get regular shipments. But my recommendation is to get the Gigabyte Gaming OC since its only slight more expensive, but much better when it comes to cooling.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
You can configure a 3080 and 5900x for about 4K+ at aftershock. But not sure if stock is readily available. There are places you can trim. For instance, not sure if you really need a 2tb nvme SSD for games. That really adds to the cost. The 1000W psu is also a little high. I'm driving my current condig and I have fans and 6 disks I I'm still in a 850W psu.

Do your sums. Some parts you might be better off getting yourself and adding it in, particularly items like ssd, maybe ram.
I think you will need to wait some time for the 5900X.
 

katoboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
47
I think they will try to ask you to get the Zotac RTX 3080, like they did the last time when I asked them about the 6800 XT Nitro as well. According to the CS, that is the brand they get regular shipments. But my recommendation is to get the Gigabyte Gaming OC since its only slight more expensive, but much better when it comes to cooling.
Agree with you I rather get Gigabyte then Zotac.
You can configure a 3080 and 5900x for about 4K+ at aftershock. But not sure if stock is readily available. There are places you can trim. For instance, not sure if you really need a 2tb nvme SSD for games. That really adds to the cost. The 1000W psu is also a little high. I'm driving my current condig and I have fans and 6 disks I I'm still in a 850W psu.

Do your sums. Some parts you might be better off getting yourself and adding it in, particularly items like ssd, maybe ram.
Thank for advise I will take a look again of my specs again what is not necessary.
 

katoboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
47
Sadly that found out that even Aftershock do not have the entire system all out of stocks.
 

jaspok

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1
Seems situation is getting worst, suggest u go comb SLS to try your luck for 3080, 3090 or 6800 6900.
 

Outramkia

Master Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2018
Messages
4,650
Reaction score
94
If you're willing to pay over the odds I'm sure someone will be willing to let go their gpu
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
Sadly that found out that even Aftershock do not have the entire system all out of stocks.
Some parts will surely be out of stock. So no matter what, you will surely need to wait even if you placed an order. That's why I told you try to go for less exotic parts like a Ryzen 9 5900X because looking at current stock situation, the Ryzen 9 chip is very low in supply. The last time I was given an estimate of at least 1 month for delivery, but that was with a Ryzen 7 5800X.
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,579
Reaction score
1,257
I’m still tahan my 2016 build PC until ddr5 comes out. Don’t spend money now. Economy no good. Save for rainy days.
 

katoboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
47
Some parts will surely be out of stock. So no matter what, you will surely need to wait even if you placed an order. That's why I told you try to go for less exotic parts like a Ryzen 9 5900X because looking at current stock situation, the Ryzen 9 chip is very low in supply. The last time I was given an estimate of at least 1 month for delivery, but that was with a Ryzen 7 5800X.
But they now even ram,motherboard also no stocks told me to wait 2 months later.
 

Vincym

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
642
Reaction score
1
Not affiliated to aftershock but they have the following for $4325, same day delivery limited stock. Usually DIY my PC but parts have been hard to source at reasonable pricing.
I ordered one myself.

Intel i9 11900F
GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE Motherboard
AFTERSHOCK Spectra Glacier Mirror 360mm
32GB ADATA SPECTRIX D50 3600mhz RGB
GIGABYTE RTX 3080 AORUS XTREME 10GB
1TB AFTERSHOCK GEN4 PRO Ultrafast SSD (NEW! E18 based) (R 7100 W 5500)
850W Superflower Leadex III 80+ Gold (Full Modular)
AX Wireless WIFI6 + Bluetooth Included
6x Addressable ARGB fans
Lian Li O11D Chassis
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,247
Reaction score
5,346
Not affiliated to aftershock but they have the following for $4325, same day delivery limited stock. Usually DIY my PC but parts have been hard to source at reasonable pricing.
I ordered one myself.

Intel i9 11900F
GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE Motherboard
AFTERSHOCK Spectra Glacier Mirror 360mm
32GB ADATA SPECTRIX D50 3600mhz RGB
GIGABYTE RTX 3080 AORUS XTREME 10GB
1TB AFTERSHOCK GEN4 PRO Ultrafast SSD (NEW! E18 based) (R 7100 W 5500)
850W Superflower Leadex III 80+ Gold (Full Modular)
AX Wireless WIFI6 + Bluetooth Included
6x Addressable ARGB fans
Lian Li O11D Chassis
Looks good, but perhaps i7 is sufficient? I read that the 11th gen rocket lake isn't fantastic, particularly the highest end models (outperformed by 10th gen in some instances).
 

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
72,511
Reaction score
2,488
Looks good, but perhaps i7 is sufficient? I read that the 11th gen rocket lake isn't fantastic, particularly the highest end models (outperformed by 10th gen in some instances).
Intel is really in a weird spot right now, I feel like saying get 10th gen chip but going 10th gen means you lose PCIe 4 also. :s22: :s13:

Buy AMD. :crazy:

But tbh if mai hiam buay pai and ts don't care so much, is ok lah, either way is a decent computer that will perform decently well. :s13:
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,247
Reaction score
5,346
Intel is really in a weird spot right now, I feel like saying get 10th gen chip but going 10th gen means you lose PCIe 4 also. :s22: :s13:

Buy AMD. :crazy:

But tbh if mai hiam buay pai and ts don't care so much, is ok lah, either way is a decent computer that will perform decently well. :s13:
Yeah.. the online reviews including on YouTube really tore 11th gen top end to shreds. Hwu said "it's sh*t" and gn said 11900k is embarrassing lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top