Can you afford a car?

vincent007

Reaction score
Hi guys, I made DP for a Mazda and this week is 5th bidding COE already. Just found out that they didnt even submit a bid coz it’s already too high. I chose non guaranteed COE that time btw.
Do I have the option to withdraw and get my DP back now instead of waiting another 2 wks? Coz no point waiting when COE wont go down. Just thinking of getting 2nd hand car now.

terence2112

Reaction score
Hi guys, I made DP for a Mazda and this week is 5th bidding COE already. Just found out that they didnt even submit a bid coz it’s already too high. I chose non guaranteed COE that time btw.
Do I have the option to withdraw and get my DP back now instead of waiting another 2 wks? Coz no point waiting when COE wont go down. Just thinking of getting 2nd hand car now.
Probably got to wait for the 6th bid before they refund your deposit. It’s either that, or they will offer an open cat and play the top up game.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, the stocks are delayed, up to 2 months. I got mine in Aug (6NGB), thereafter shipment was delayed. My SE says it's about 2 months wait for CX-30, CX-5 and Maz6.

I'm guessing there's no point in bidding for the COE if the car is not otw to SG. Anyway it's just 6 NGB, just sit out the 6th and see. If you can wait, then just continue waiting for 7th or 8th.

If you're in a hurry, ping your SE see if they can scrap the 6th NG bid.

bravizzel

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a used coe car and calculating costs. One thing that confuses me is the ARF. If I buy a used coe car (10+ years old), I don't have to pay ARF right when transferring into my name?

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a used coe car and calculating costs. One thing that confuses me is the ARF. If I buy a used coe car (10+ years old), I don't have to pay ARF right when transferring into my name?
Your understanding on ARF is totally wrong. ARF is a fee paid when it’s first registered and if the car is scrapped within the first 10 years, you get the remaining amount left (minimally 50% or 5k whichever is higher). Upon renewing COE, the PARF is forfeited.. you’ll only need to pay the buying price, transfer fee and insurance when buying a used car..

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No new cars shipment coming in, bid also no meaning. Make sense to you?
If yours in the cat B, lagi dun bother.

Cokacola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Despite covid, sinkies doing very well lei. Coe up still snapped finish, even 2nd hand car market also cars going off the shelves like lightning flash

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.