筍盤來了!!!Canninghill Piers

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
it's all about the pricing isn't it? if penrose is launched at 500 psf in 2021, then it's definitely much much better than CHP, doesn't matter the location nor the finishing :crazy:
No. I was taking pricing out of the equation, jus comparing both as independent projects for the comment that Penrose is the best in the universe.. :LOL:
 

Gibbfa

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
723
Reaction score
203
No. I was taking pricing out of the equation, jus comparing both as independent projects for the comment that Penrose is the best in the universe.. :LOL:
Pentose should compare with sims urban oasis also near expressway. Personally I won’t stay near Geylang
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
No. I was taking pricing out of the equation, jus comparing both as independent projects for the comment that Penrose is the best in the universe.. :LOL:

###

If you are taking price out of the equation.
Penrose is best in universe, but about half the price of CHP, (15xx psf v 3000 psf), should penrose not be sold out by now as there would be a mad rush to buy?

###

it's all about the pricing isn't it? if penrose is launched at 500 psf in 2021, then it's definitely much much better than CHP, doesn't matter the location nor the finishing :crazy:
Exactly.. I see your point but not his.

###
 
Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
###

actually interesting to see who gets the honour? Or shared honour?

will penrose achieve 2k psf or CHP achieve 3.5 k as a subsale/ resale upon TOP...

###
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
###

If you are taking price out of the equation.
Penrose is best in universe, but about half the price of CHP, (15xx psf v 3000 psf), should penrose not be sold out by now as there would be a mad rush to buy?

###


Exactly.. I see your point but not his.

###
Neither Penrose nor Canninghill Piers is the best in the universe (or even locally), we still have ultra luxe projects like Park Nova ard or South Beach Residence which I feel is the best locally.. :s19:

Must read my comment in reference to the earlier post that Canninghill Piers/Penrose is the best in the universe
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Neither Penrose nor Canninghill Piers is the best in the universe (or even locally), we still have ultra luxe projects like Park Nova ard or South Beach Residence which I feel is the best locally.. :s19:

Must read my comment in reference to the earlier post that Canninghill Piers/Penrose is the best in the universe

###

Thats why we must not compare and affect some brothers here. (Simi heaven and earth..)

it is best of universe for them, it meant the whole world to them... we just state it as such...and respect what means the universe to them...

I always think carefully for others when I write.

###
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Neither Penrose nor Canninghill Piers is the best in the universe (or even locally), we still have ultra luxe projects like Park Nova ard or South Beach Residence which I feel is the best locally.. :s19:

Must read my comment in reference to the earlier post that Canninghill Piers/Penrose is the best in the universe
CHP location is definitely much better than penrose but exit strategy could be tougher than penrose. Seen too many projects priced near 3kpsf and how many had actually successfully made decent money during TOP? :o
Even if we r talking about the profitable Martin modern, those who made good profit now r those entered at 21xxpsf and not those who entered near 3kpsf. And that comes with the caveat that there’s only 12 transactions so far based on TT’s video.
I shall reserve my judgement until CHP enter resale or subsale. For sure, I’m not going to pass any unsubstantiated prediction too early which may led me the possibility to run naked in orchard road. :o
 
Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
###

Thats why we must not compare and affect some brothers here. (Simi heaven and earth..)

it is best of universe for them, it meant the whole world to them... we just state it as such...and respect what means the universe to them...


###
Bro, u ok not, I thought u are more logical... if Penrose / CHP is the best in the universe then Park Nova is what… :o
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Bro, u ok not, I thought u are more logical... if Penrose / CHP is the best in the universe then Park Nova is what… :o

###


I am logical and thinking carefully...

Sometimes cut some slack lah..
Some people own hdb, it is a universe to them... we need to respect them..

If you bring up sentosa cove, admore and wallich, no chance to see someone running naked in orchard then..

###
 
Last edited:

Gibbfa

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
723
Reaction score
203
CHP location is definitely much better than penrose but exit strategy could be tougher than penrose. Seen too many projects priced near 3kpsf and how many had actually successfully made decent money during TOP? :o
Even if we r talking about the profitable Martin modern, those who made good profit now r those entered at 21xxpsf and not those who entered near 3kpsf. And that comes with the caveat that there’s only 12 transactions so far based on TT’s video.
I shall reserve my judgement until CHP enter resale or subsale. For sure, I’m not going to pass any unsubstantiated prediction too early which may led me the possibility to run naked in orchard road. :o
If orchard averaging 3.5k psf. Easily CHP can hit 3.5k psf in 3 years. CHP Is a sure win investment
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
I got a feeling u may run naked at orchard road in 4 years time :o
Most property there r suffering losses, let’s not make it worse after your presence there :o
Depends on the entry price versus what people are willing to pay. I’d be very surprised if CHP ends up only around Martin Modern price. Of course if you enter CHP at 35xx, the risk is too great even if it’s the best project in the universe.

i understand there was already a lot of interest for chp at 3200-3300 range. So when it launched at 2800-3000, units were snapped up quickly.

No guarantees that a project which sold well during launch would have big profits, but chances are that it’d be better than projects that performed worse at launch.
 

Gibbfa

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
723
Reaction score
203
Depends on the entry price versus what people are willing to pay. I’d be very surprised if CHP ends up only around Martin Modern price. Of course if you enter CHP at 35xx, the risk is too great even if it’s the best project in the universe.

i understand there was already a lot of interest for chp at 3200-3300 range. So when it launched at 2800-3000, units were snapped up quickly.

No guarantees that a project which sold well during launch would have big profits, but chances are that it’d be better than projects that performed worse at launch.
U make perfect sense

I’m wondering how Atelier, grange 1866, Cairnhill 16, jervois prive and perfect 10 will do , given their less than impressive launch(perfect10 not launched but unlikely to do well at launch weekend in my opinion)
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Depends on the entry price versus what people are willing to pay. I’d be very surprised if CHP ends up only around Martin Modern price. Of course if you enter CHP at 35xx, the risk is too great even if it’s the best project in the universe.

i understand there was already a lot of interest for chp at 3200-3300 range. So when it launched at 2800-3000, units were snapped up quickly.

No guarantees that a project which sold well during launch would have big profits, but chances are that it’d be better than projects that performed worse at launch.
Again, it is still back to the question how much buyers are willing to pay for a new launch vs a resale unit. In KAP case, buyers r willing to pay up to 18xx-19xxpsf during launch but why during resale, it can only transact at losses or at best, at breakeven price? And not forgetting it is 95% sold in day one.

I agree entry price is important but I can’t deny that higher entry psf/quantum also warrant higher risk. :o
 
Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
Depends on the entry price versus what people are willing to pay. I’d be very surprised if CHP ends up only around Martin Modern price. Of course if you enter CHP at 35xx, the risk is too great even if it’s the best project in the universe.

i understand there was already a lot of interest for chp at 3200-3300 range. So when it launched at 2800-3000, units were snapped up quickly.

No guarantees that a project which sold well during launch would have big profits, but chances are that it’d be better than projects that performed worse at launch.
I think that to have a chance of hitting $3500psf, the unit at CHP must have a fantastic view, not those Low floor units that faces moxy hotel or only partial view.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
I think that to have a chance of hitting $3500psf, the unit at CHP must have a fantastic view, not those Low floor units that faces moxy hotel or only partial view.
Bro, Give u a little hint. Go take a look at South Beach R and u can see most units are transacting at 3.1-3.3kpsf. Some r as Low as 2.8kpsf. These r not Low floor units And still got many units unsold. :o
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
Bro, Give u a little hint. Go take a look at South Beach R and u can see most units are transacting at 3.1-3.3kpsf. Some r as Low as 2.8kpsf. These r not Low floor units And still got many units unsold. :o
Haha so the key word here is “chance”, CHP units a lot smaller compared to South Beach so quantum wise would be kept Low enough for affordability. If no view though, $3500psf is surely a remote dream IMO.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Again, it is still back to the question how much buyers are willing to pay for a new launch vs a resale unit. In KAP case, buyers r willing to pay up to 18xx-19xxpsf during launch but why during resale, it can only transact at losses or at best, at breakeven price? And not forgetting it is 95% sold in day one.

I agree entry price is important but I can’t deny that higher entry psf/quantum also warrant higher risk. :o
I agree that higher entry price means more limited exit options and risk. Like I also said, there is no guarantee that good sales at launch translate to profits. Your points are very valid, haha.

But if you ask anybody martin modern or chp at same price, i think most would snap chp, haha. Just my opinion though.

I think that to have a chance of hitting $3500psf, the unit at CHP must have a fantastic view, not those Low floor units that faces moxy hotel or only partial view.

I agree. I mentioned above in my opinion, the best views can probably hit 3500 but probably a bit optimistic to expect that at TOP.

Bro, Give u a little hint. Go take a look at South Beach R and u can see most units are transacting at 3.1-3.3kpsf. Some r as Low as 2.8kpsf. These r not Low floor units And still got many units unsold. :o
Isn’t south beach residences fully sold? Anyway, you can also see marina one doing not so well. I think the buyers of this segment wants a full lifestyle and not just live in a concrete jungle beside your office.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
I agree that higher entry price means more limited exit options and risk. Like I also said, there is no guarantee that good sales at launch translate to profits. Your points are very valid, haha.

But if you ask anybody martin modern or chp at same price, i think most would snap chp, haha. Just my opinion though.



I agree. I mentioned above in my opinion, the best views can probably hit 3500 but probably a bit optimistic to expect that at TOP.


Isn’t south beach residences fully sold? Anyway, you can also see marina one doing not so well. I think the buyers of this segment wants a full lifestyle and not just live in a concrete jungle beside your office.
Yes if at same psf and quantum, I will go for CHP over Martin modern as well.
my reply is more of addressing to Gibba’s resolve and confidence in his bet pertaining to running naked at orchard :o
 
Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Haha so the key word here is “chance”, CHP units a lot smaller compared to South Beach so quantum wise would be kept Low enough for affordability. If no view though, $3500psf is surely a remote dream IMO.
Yap bro, quantum for sure also play an impt part.
But also need to understand the CHP buyer’s profile for its smaller size units. Are they mainly bought for investment or self stay? Who are the likely future buyers of these resale small units after TOP? If I’m purely coming from an investor pov, what will be my main motivation of buying these units at 3.5kpsf in resale? :o
if for singles buying for self stay and is budget conscious, r they willing to pay at this psf?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top