筍盤來了!!!Canninghill Piers

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Haha, yes. But it’s just a discussion, nothing against you. My cousin bought reflection, and I followed it closely back then. Not exactly the same but can see where you coming from.

indeed, it’s always the new shiny thing, and easy to talk until the actual litmus test being how it performs in the resale.

Just to be clear though, I didn’t say will have ready pool of siao kia buying chp at 3.5k psf haha. Even 3.3k psf, I’m already uncertain if it can rise that quickly to that. I’ve always been the one saying i’d be happy to stay even if it doesn’t rise much. Many buyers lurking at lower prices so chances are maybe it won’t go down.

Just wanted to inject some balance and also share that I feel it should still do well if one bought below 2.8k with a decent view.
Actually no worries, my initial discussion is always on Gibba’s overly optimistic and unrealistic projection of 3.5kpsf in resale. There’s not even the slightest intent to put CHP down except the entry price for some unit types.
 
Last edited:

Gibbfa

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
723
Reaction score
203
Haha, I knew u will tag me coz u had a vested interest in it.
Do u know that many used to Cheong reflection, FH orchard, KAP. Those were the glorious days and it’s not unique to CHP alone.
u may have missed the point that while new launch usually appears swanky and rosy, the real test is still in resale.
I had done the math above and it’s really up to individual’s discretion to decide if it is still worthwhile to spend 1.75mil (3.5kpsf) for a resale Mickey Mouse CHP and to see if the scenario u mentioned whether there’s still a ready pool of siao kia to buy CHP at 3.5kpsf in resale.
can agree to disagree :o
14 Dec

#22-03
549sqft
3188 psf
1.75mil

I think I can still be quietly optimistic
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
14 Dec

#22-03
549sqft
3188 psf
1.75mil

I think I can still be quietly optimistic
Of coz If I were u, I also have to act optimistic and pretend things will continue to be rosy in resale. U already bet your naked body and seems like there’s no turning back :o

meanwhile MOR still transacting at a loss and at only 2kpsf in resale and what makes u think your CHP Mickey Mouse unit can hit 3.5kpsf (a premium of 1500psf over MOR) after SSD. Cheers

 

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
7,595
Reaction score
274
where did u find the caveats and are u a subscriber of sqft?
haha can share details?
you can check 99.co, has level and unit # for the transactions. Lags behind ura caveat by 1-2 weeks, and currently still dont have tower view for CHP.
These units at stack 9 shld see decent profit if one can get in below $3000psf.

Any idea if the 2+S and the 3bedder (947sqf) have the MBS view? I think these two would be the most profitable if they have a view.
2+S, only stack 24, 25, 26 has MBS view. These units started from 28XX for level 4 upwards. #24 and #25 are probably the most efficient layout since it's dumbbell design, but these were sold out very early, with only lvl 4 and 5 left by early afternoon on launch day.
3B Stack 7 (947 sqft) are facing fort canning, if they can clear the service apartment block.
 

Gibbfa

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
723
Reaction score
203
Of coz If I were u, I also have to act optimistic and pretend things will continue to be rosy in resale. U already bet your naked body and seems like there’s no turning back :o

meanwhile MOR still transacting at a loss and at only 2kpsf in resale and what makes u think your CHP Mickey Mouse unit can hit 3.5kpsf (a premium of 1500psf over MOR) after SSD. Cheers


Haha marina one is hopeless.

it’s literally a dead town on weekends there

cannot compare at all
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Haha marina one is hopeless.

it’s literally a dead town on weekends there

cannot compare at all
Hahaha. Try harder boy :o 👍
I would use the 2kpsf to buy a CCR with satki Marina address there and rent it out with another 1500psf on an integrated OCR. Buy your CHP pigeon hole for 3.5kpsf for f? :orental can’t even cover :o
 
Last edited:

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Frankly cannot compare to marina one. Like that all the martin modern resale buyers at 2800-2900 psf should all go bang wall since they should have gone for marina at low 2k.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
martin modern made crazy profits for the early buyers.
Because those crazy profit owners only bought MM at 2.1kpsf only. but if u go and count, only 12 transaction for MM. It’s again the entry price and transaction volume.
Try ask those who bought MM near 3kpsf and sell in resale to see if similar crazy profit is still happening. :o
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Frankly cannot compare to marina one. Like that all the martin modern resale buyers at 2800-2900 psf should all go bang wall since they should have gone for marina at low 2k.
Haha ya la ya la, this cannot compare, that also cannot compare. I didn’t even use RCR/OCR to compare in this case. :o
I’m using a satki CCR address to compare also cannot. Never mind lah, u all happy can Liao :o
 

Gibbfa

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
723
Reaction score
203
Haha ya la ya la, this cannot compare, that cannot compare. I didn’t even use RCR/OCR to compare in this case. :o
I’m using a satki CCR address to compare also cannot. Never mind lah, u all happy can Liao :o
Tell that to ppl who pay 2k psf for OCR.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Haha ya la ya la, this cannot compare, that also cannot compare. I didn’t even use RCR/OCR to compare in this case. :o
I’m using a satki CCR address to compare also cannot. Never mind lah, u all happy can Liao :o
Haha, bobian leh, really buay sai compare. So different.

But i’m also not saying sure make money la.

Only fair thing to say is just wait and see. Any other comparison is just opinion.

Maybe gibbfa can go for his run by then.
 

earthred

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2021
Messages
140
Reaction score
70
martin modern made crazy profits for the early buyers.
But I think NSZ highlighted that there are many sellers still waiting for a buyer. That means that even if the market rate psf is high enough, you might not be able to exit if the pool of buyers is not big enough. At resale time, you need both the right market price and right market volume. On a positive note, the Robertson Quay side faces more competition compared to the Clarke Quay side, so CHP might be easier to sell.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Haha, bobian leh, really buay sai compare. So different.

But i’m also not saying sure make money la.

Only fair thing to say is just wait and see. Any other comparison is just opinion.

Maybe gibbfa can go for his run by then.
Honestly I don’t see midtown modern, Marina and CHP much difference in terms of its league/address. If I want to be bias, I can also say CHP is not even a CCR league at all compared with the other 2.
 
Last edited:

bujingyun82

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
2,458
Reaction score
1,176
Honestly I don’t see midtown modern, Marina and CHP much difference in terms of its league/address. If I want to be bias, I can also say CHP is not even a CCR at all compared with the other 2.

CHP address nicest I think. Lol. Even if in substance not much difference. Form is important too. 😂
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Honestly I don’t see midtown modern, Marina and CHP much difference in terms of its league/address. If I want to be bias, I can also say CHP is not even a CCR at all compared with the other 2.
CCR RCR is just a classification. Some people may care, some people don’t. Maybe investors care more than own stay.

the key difference is the community. I really don’t know many people who would love to stay in the concrete jungle of marina one, where only thing nearby are all offices. It’s also a lot hotter when it’s just all buildings nearby.

i guess it already reflects in the price difference between martin modern/chp versus marina one.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
never dash. He said he got it below 3k psf. He can still sell, but maybe not at 3.5kpsf. Lol. Just means that are you prepared for cock show at orchard road?
My reasoning is simple. 3.5kpsf can be put into much much better use rather than buying at 🥕 price of 3.5kpsf in CHP.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top