Hi, sorry to bump up this thread.
Read thru the pages and the canon s100 is indeed a very good camera. I am really a total noob when it comes to photography/camera. Am hoping for some inputs.
I was abt to purchase S100 at Alan Photo ($620) when the guy recommended me to get Olympus XZ-1 ($540) instead.
Read abt both cameras online and I guess both are strong in their own points. My main concern is to take food photographs and use it occasionally for traveling.
I tested both cameras out and the photos reflected on the LCD screen on S100 looks better than that of the XZ-1. but I don't know how it will be once uploaded. Also, my friends encouraged me to get Canon s100 as it is a very cam for taking shots in low-light, and often food outlets usually have dim lights. But the XZ-1's lens are much better than that of canon's.
Sorry for the WOT, do give your suggestions and thoughts please! Thanks alot!
Oh yes, I will be using Auto mode most of the time. Or at least till I learn more about photography.