CardUp (Do not post or ask for referral code)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
9,519
Reaction score
755
qjO7FJKl.jpg


Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
 

F1ngolf2012

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
1,868
Reaction score
676
There is no business case since cardup charges you 2.6% while SC gives u 1.5% rebate
I wouldn't bother to do it if there is no benefit. Anyway, my question is would SCB Unlimiited CC earn cashback on CardUp payment?
 
Last edited:

huiseh

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
67
Reaction score
4
Pardon my ignorance. When you guys say pay insurance with HSBC Revolution to earn 2mpd, do you mean use their online banking facility under Pay Bills? Or is it that as long as I pay the insurance premium on any platform (e.g: Cardup) making sure to charge it to the Revo card, I would still get the 2mpd?
 

cynic_

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
1,132
Reaction score
0
New to this and thinking of using CardUp. Question: What is the minimum mpd for it to make sense to use CardUp? 1.2 mpd or 1.5 mpd not worth paying the CardUp 2.6% fee right?
 

huiseh

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
67
Reaction score
4
New to this and thinking of using CardUp. Question: What is the minimum mpd for it to make sense to use CardUp? 1.2 mpd or 1.5 mpd not worth paying the CardUp 2.6% fee right?

You'd be hard pressed to find any credit card that would award more than the base 1.2-1.4-ish mpd using Cardup as it is in the bonus points/miles exclusion list of most, if not all banks. If you actually have a card that gives 1.5 mpd, that's pretty good I'd say.

At the end of the day it depends on how valuable miles are to you.
I personally don't mind the fees because at least I still get thousands of miles for expenses (rent, insurance, tax etc) that used to earn me nothing.
 
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
3
I wanted to use cardup to pay for my monthly car instalment which is $1000. I emailed them and they reply that they Maybank does not allow Cardup payment. Do you guys know what other payment method other than giro I can use for my car instalments. Currently I don’t get any miles or cashback for the $1000 I pay every month which I feel is a waste.
 

sgreview

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
832
Reaction score
186
Hi all, recently just got interested to start using Cardup / ipaymy mainly due to rental payment, will appreciate all the experts here sharing your experience. Please also correct me if my understanding is incorrect:

Basically CardUp charges 2.6% processing fee while ipaymy is 2.25%.
Some promo from time to time e.g. CardUp 1st time at 1.8% while ipaymy 1st time and rental promo at 1.89%.

Can any current user confirm these CC mentioned below will earn the rebate/miles for CardUp and/or ipaymy?
Existing CC:
(1) SC Manhattan (3% for $3000 spending capped at $200/quarter)
(2) SC Spree (2%, for online spending, capped at $60./mth)
(3) DBS Altitude Visa (1.2mpd)

Other CC to apply if they are good for this usage:
(1) UOB One (3.33% for $500/1000 and 5% for $2000 spending, min 5 transactions per mth)
(2) Maybank Platinum Visa (3.33% for $300/1000 spending)

Or any other CC which is recommended, please share?

Appreciate for any good advice from people who has used this for rental payment. Thanks!
 

more3cm

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
39
There is this EVERY4FREE promo for recurring payment, every 4th payment 0%.
 

F1ngolf2012

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
1,868
Reaction score
676
Any CardUp Promo Rate?

Does anyone know if there is promo rate now or coming up in Jan 2020 for payment to insurance and IRAS? Current 2.6% commission rate is too high for me to pull the trigger with CardUp. Thanks.
 

jmtham

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2018
Messages
173
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know if there is promo rate now or coming up in Jan 2020 for payment to insurance and IRAS? Current 2.6% commission rate is too high for me to pull the trigger with CardUp. Thanks.

It's 2.25% now till Jun 2020, min payment of $130.
 
Last edited:

Raging_Cajun

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
11
Hi guys. I am Keen to sign up the cardup.
Going to start a new plan with Aviva, yearly premium 6k. Hence looking to utilize the cardup option to earn 6k miles. While I also joined in the Citi miles promo (spend 7.5k and get bonus miles).

As the plan with Aviva is new, can any of you guide me the steps?
Sign up Cardup first (prerequisite)
Sign the plan with Aviva.
Go to cardup to schedule the payment.
What reference will need to be provided to cardup for the payment to Aviva?

Have I got the steps right ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top