[CAUTION] DO NOT HOPE TOO MUCH AS...

  • Need help?
    Reach out to someone from Samaritans of Singapore (24 hours): Call 1-767 or WhatsApp 9151-1767 More info

waddahell

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2004
Messages
2,096
Reaction score
88
You are talking about what? 100,000 of people or millions? 40% of our population migrate? Think carefully.

Why do you expect us to be a hermit nation or else migrate?

Eh u crazy? Spend so much time on him for wad. He is obviously trolling. Smlj hermit?
 

blankk

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
7,119
Reaction score
1
I think your options are not realistic and in line with the expectations of most Singaporeans. May as well say youd accept any standard of living so long as you can survive

isn't what you said a huge departure from the spirit of the pioneer generation?
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
you learn to be frugal. but if you want to be extravagant n atas, migrate lor. these are all options.

I don't get why there is only these 2 option?
We do not want to be a hermit or migrate nation.
How is this our Singapore?
 

blankk

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
7,119
Reaction score
1
I don't get why there is only these 2 option?
We do not want to be a hermit or migrate nation.
How is this our Singapore?

Singapore is a migrant nation.

n frugality is a positive trait. warren buffett is known to be frugal despite his wealth.
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
Singapore is a migrant nation.

n frugality is a positive trait. warren buffett is known to be frugal despite his wealth.

Just because some people live like monks doesnt mean that everyone should!'
 

XxInNOutxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
14,304
Reaction score
40
Then I hope you are patient enough and be able to resist the temptation of exodus.

Too early to think about exodus, Im only 24 this year, potential first time voter :s13:

Right now, I need to graduate, find a job and feed my parents. That's all I worry about atm...
 

serangoon1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2012
Messages
9,866
Reaction score
578
Those citizen make it in their life will vote PAP la why risk?
Only those CMI in their life will vote opp to show their unhappiness.

Actually rich people prefer security

With govt open leg policy and not stringent checking, this island is filling up with people from third world. Didn't we start seeing riots and strikes??

So you think atas people want more people from third world countries??? Our country will no longer be safe as last time
 

Soulblade

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
25,403
Reaction score
2
Too early to think about exodus, Im only 24 this year, potential first time voter :s13:

Right now, I need to graduate, find a job and feed my parents. That's all I worry about atm...

Too early? I know of one girl who had migrated at the age of 23. And that was before the last GE.

Of course, I‘m very confident that there are younger ones.
 

Soulblade

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
25,403
Reaction score
2
Actually rich people prefer security

With govt open leg policy and not stringent checking, this island is filling up with people from third world. Didn't we start seeing riots and strikes??

So you think atas people want more people from third world countries??? Our country will no longer be safe as last time

Thats why people who want status quo failed to see that they would have to give up something in exchange for something to stay the same.

They cannot keep and have everything that they used to have.
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,713
Reaction score
29,849
Singapore is a migrant nation.

n frugality is a positive trait. warren buffett is known to be frugal despite his wealth.

Singapore isn't a migrant nation after we declared independence. Immigration was very strict for us to remember. It is only up till the recent years when the wrong immigration policy implemented then we see such a huge influx of foreigners into our country. So let me stress again, we are NOT a migrant nation.
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,713
Reaction score
29,849
Too early to think about exodus, Im only 24 this year, potential first time voter :s13:

Right now, I need to graduate, find a job and feed my parents. That's all I worry about atm...

This is our home, our land. Why should we give her up due to wrong policies?
 

XxInNOutxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
14,304
Reaction score
40
Too early? I know of one girl who had migrated at the age of 23. And that was before the last GE.

Of course, I‘m very confident that there are younger ones.

She has the wealth to do it, let her lor... Im in a middle-class family, with a sole breadwinner in my dad. I owe my parents too much to leave this land...

This is our home, our land. Why should we give her up due to wrong policies?

Not giving her up, I have faith that Singapore politics will mature by this election, if not by the next election
 

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2011
Messages
7,834
Reaction score
489
Sigh. Y pap cant be better. The divisions is a sad reminder of the state of singapore
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top