[CAUTION] DO NOT HOPE TOO MUCH AS...

  • Need help?
    Reach out to someone from Samaritans of Singapore (24 hours): Call 1-767 or WhatsApp 9151-1767 More info

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,165
Reaction score
10,088
i know surgeons who eat bread for meals. they earn more than you yet live frugally.

pioneer generation, they commonly take on 2 or 3 jobs to support family.

now give young people comfortable office job, keep complaining. but ownself wanna live extravagant lifestyle

Are you singaporean?
Seriously if you ain't Singaporean, don't meddle with our politics.
 

Soulblade

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
25,403
Reaction score
2
It's not suppose to be what LHL wants, it's suppose to be what the people wants. That's why GRC is not a good system.
And like seriously, would George Yeo lose in a 1 vs 1? I doubt WP would purposely send a strong candidate to face off with him if every ward is a SMC.

What you just argue is meant to be seen in the parliament but the reasons why it is not there is because majority of the people continue to vote and trust the PAP.

So to allow discussion about the grc system, you have to understand how the whole system works and game it.

Just telling everyone how sucky it is, will not win you any election and the system will still be there.

Opposition try telling everyone how crappy it is for many decades but to no avail.
 

blankk

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
7,119
Reaction score
1
young couple demand condo.. demand car.. demand 5 star hotel wedding..

all materialistic desires. neverending.

earn how much spend how much. yolo
 

kingkongikiss

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
0
You are wrong our company own the building we need not to pay rental, we need more staff as I mention earlier we are on back order due to insufficient manpower, no Singaporean wanted to work in factory anymore the world have change.

ibet your company is in local only,
because of company like this, keep demanding low salary worker than to expend to oversea . take 2 hand to clap. singapore gov taking care of local business to much... making singaporean life hardship.
we must not only think of profit profit profit. its human life at stack .
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,718
Reaction score
29,852
I dun get a high pay I am living with my parent both me and my dear also need to work my 2 children 1 in JC and sec sch they own normal cheap android phone only and we dun go on holiday like all sinkie do but we are happy with our existing life where there is no fear of crime and no worry of no medical treatment if we needed and fair education system if you work hard for it. I am juz a normal selfish lay man only if I vote for the Opp will it change my life? or make thing worst? only god know I doubt you know as well. I dun 1 to be hero ha, hero will die first ha ha.

Who knows, when you hit retiring age, you may think otherwise. When one day your children come back to complain to you they lose job opportunities to "FTs" not due to they do not meet the skill set, but "FTs" give low ball salary offer to their potential employers, then maybe you may think otherwise. What goes around comes around, you just have to wait for that day to come.
 

kingkongikiss

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
0
young couple demand condo.. demand car.. demand 5 star hotel wedding..

all materialistic desires. neverending.

earn how much spend how much. yolo

u math fail? already count for u , EVEN if u degree and earning 3k in sg.
 

lwt11137

Master Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
234
If your pay is right, definitely there will be Singaporean want to work for it (remember the $3k dish washer saga?). If you are not convinced, just go around Singapore, you can see many Singpaorean are still working in factories. Are you sure you are from the HR?
Now a day youngster demand a lot cannot take hardship, all this I notice during the exit survey I had done with them. All this will be consolidate and submit to MOM for analysis according to my manger.
 

blankk

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
7,119
Reaction score
1
Now a day youngster demand a lot cannot take hardship, all this I notice during the exit survey I had done with them. All this will be consolidate and submit to MOM for analysis according to my manger.

you are not manager level?
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,165
Reaction score
10,088
Really really really seriously I think in a one vs one George Yeo would have lost to LTK :slant:

No la, I think he would have stayed.

But the GRC system would only work in favour of the PAP if the ministers in each ward is popular. Given opposition supporter's dislike of the ministers all GRC ward should have been taken but that has not come to be. Why? The ministers are indeed popular with the voters.

Anyway even without the GRC the PAP would have brought LKY, LHL or GCT to each ward to show face during the election and it would more or less have the same effect.

Wah, at least I know I'm talking to someone rational...

Anyway, I don't agree with your last 2 sentence. Taken apart, 2-3 MP in any GRC would likely not retain their seats in parliament. It doesn't matter which minister is popular or not, we don't want people who are not capable to be in parliament, not even 1.

And it's precisely because it's a GRC that those minister can stay there because as a GRC team, the opposition isn't more popular, but as a individual they very well could be. And that should be the way.

It's like those group project in schools where 4 members out of 5 did nothing while 1 slog it through to complete the project and every member gets a good grade, it's ridiculous. Every single one of them should only get grades based on their own merit.

If showing face has any use, LKY's face is the biggest and he was the one who use his face to talk to the people to Aljunied in case you forgot. So no, having a face only works in certain ways, very unlikely to work in a SMC.
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,718
Reaction score
29,852
i know surgeons who eat bread for meals. they earn more than you yet live frugally.

pioneer generation, they commonly take on 2 or 3 jobs to support family.

now give young people comfortable office job, keep complaining. but wanna live extravagant lifestyle

haha csb. :s13:
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,165
Reaction score
10,088
who tell you to buy car, condo n hold 5 star wedding if ur salary is 3k..

I see you skirting the question. Are you Singaporean?
If you are not Singaporean, don't meddle with our politics.
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,718
Reaction score
29,852
Now a day youngster demand a lot cannot take hardship, all this I notice during the exit survey I had done with them. All this will be consolidate and submit to MOM for analysis according to my manger.

What about non-younsters? Many middle aged and older Singaporean are affected, why only citing younsters as core examples?
 

Soulblade

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
25,403
Reaction score
2
I dun get a high pay I am living with my parent both me and my dear also need to work my 2 children 1 in JC and sec sch they own normal cheap android phone only and we dun go on holiday like all sinkie do but we are happy with our existing life where there is no fear of crime and no worry of no medical treatment if we needed and fair education system if you work hard for it. I am juz a normal selfish lay man only if I vote for the Opp will it change my life? or make thing worst? only god know I doubt you know as well. I dun 1 to be hero ha, hero will die first ha ha.

Then you must be feeling damn safe when you see ah tiong platoons during in camp training and in air base flying our newly bought F-35 fighter jets.

And if you are living in Jurong, probably you get to see a nuclear power plant on an island as well. :D

Change will still come whether you like it or not even if you vote for PAP.
 

The Social Commentator

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2015
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
0
Wah, at least I know I'm talking to someone rational...

Anyway, I don't agree with your last 2 sentence. Taken apart, 2-3 MP in any GRC would likely not retain their seats in parliament. It doesn't matter which minister is popular or not, we don't want people who are not capable to be in parliament, not even 1.

And it's precisely because it's a GRC that those minister can stay there because as a GRC team, the opposition isn't more popular, but as a individual they very well could be. And that should be the way.

It's like those group project in schools where 4 members out of 5 did nothing while 1 slog it through to complete the project and every member gets a good grade, it's ridiculous. Every single one of them should only get grades based on their own merit.

If showing face has any use, LKY's face is the biggest and he was the one who use his face to talk to the people to Aljunied in case you forgot. So no, having a face only works in certain ways, very unlikely to work in a SMC.

Ok, I am more or less convinced that the GRC don't exactly show the prowess of the PAP satkiness. Next GE I remove the system. Then later 90% of the SMC PAP win you all cannot kpkb ah. :s12:
 

lwt11137

Master Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
234
Who knows, when you hit retiring age, you may think otherwise. When one day your children come back to complain to you they lose job opportunities to "FTs" not due to they do not meet the skill set, but "FTs" give low ball salary offer to their potential employers, then maybe you may think otherwise. What goes around comes around, you just have to wait for that day to come.
That is their fate I did my part and best, life is full of uncertainty nobody can tell what lie ahead.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,165
Reaction score
10,088
Now a day youngster demand a lot cannot take hardship, all this I notice during the exit survey I had done with them. All this will be consolidate and submit to MOM for analysis according to my manger.

I agree nowadays youngster cannot take hardship. But your children are the next generation of this, what do you think can be done other than taking in even more foreigner to replace them?
 

blankk

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
7,119
Reaction score
1
I see you skirting the question. Are you Singaporean?
If you are not Singaporean, don't meddle with our politics.

are you resorting to personal attacks aka gutter politics instead of discussing the valid points i raised?
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,718
Reaction score
29,852
I see you skirting the question. Are you Singaporean?
If you are not Singaporean, don't meddle with our politics.

If I'm not wrong, he mentioned he isn't a Singaporean last time.
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,718
Reaction score
29,852
That is their fate I did my part and best, life is full of uncertainty nobody can tell what lie ahead.

If you know the policy isn't right for Singaporean, and you supported it, you are just doing a dis-service to your children, least to say you did your best.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top