CIMB FastSaver

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,730
Reaction score
547

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,003
Reaction score
1,614
For personal banking with less than 100K, only 0.5% + 0.9% = 1.4%, correct?
are you looking at star saver?

if you are, then yes... 0.5% + 0.9%

But for amounts less than 100k, you are better off with fast saver provided you don't require a bank card to withdraw from ATM
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
3,224
The only downside is that the bonus interest is paid 2 months later. I haven't even got the bonus interest for July. That's why I switched to Maybank
I remember long long time ago it is simple for CIMB Maybank SCB. No minimum adb and no bonus get after promo end pattern. So far SCB still maintain old format just add got wealth holding or no
 

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,730
Reaction score
547
I remember long long time ago it is simple for CIMB Maybank SCB. No minimum adb and no bonus get after promo end pattern. So far SCB still maintain old format just add got wealth holding or no
Yeah dunno CIMB do this is it because so they can don't give the bonus interest cos some consumers may forget about it. Only when ask them they deposit the bonus 😅 I will wait to see if they deposit correctly on 30 Sep.
 

ahchan

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2001
Messages
458
Reaction score
84
For those on Jul-Aug cycle, have you gotten the "Saving Bonus" (for SI transfer) for August ?
Last month we got small amount on 26-Aug (for SI transfer for July) but seems there is nothing this month yet for the "Saving Bonus" (for SI transfer in Aug).

Also, are we expecting the BI for Jul and Aug to be credited by 30-Sep ?

The problem with CIMB is really the way they pay out the interest.
And sometimes, the bank itself also confuses and "forget" to make payment :( :(
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
3,224
For those on Jul-Aug cycle, have you gotten the "Saving Bonus" (for SI transfer) for August ?
Last month we got small amount on 26-Aug (for SI transfer for July) but seems there is nothing this month yet for the "Saving Bonus" (for SI transfer in Aug).

Also, are we expecting the BI for Jul and Aug to be credited by 30-Sep ?

The problem with CIMB is really the way they pay out the interest.
And sometimes, the bank itself also confuses and "forget" to make payment :( :(
They should abolish their current tnc and revert to last time. No minimum adb and bonus payout after one month not until end of the two month promo period.
 

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,730
Reaction score
547
For those on Jul-Aug cycle, have you gotten the "Saving Bonus" (for SI transfer) for August ?
Last month we got small amount on 26-Aug (for SI transfer for July) but seems there is nothing this month yet for the "Saving Bonus" (for SI transfer in Aug).

Also, are we expecting the BI for Jul and Aug to be credited by 30-Sep ?

The problem with CIMB is really the way they pay out the interest.
And sometimes, the bank itself also confuses and "forget" to make payment :( :(
BI for July should be tomorrow. BI for Aug should be end Oct.
 

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,730
Reaction score
547
They should abolish their current tnc and revert to last time. No minimum adb and bonus payout after one month not until end of the two month promo period.
That's why I switched to Maybank, get a bit less but BI gets paid earlier cos I will be tired to remember and/or chase the BI 2 mths later.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
3,224
That's why I switched to Maybank, get a bit less but BI gets paid earlier cos I will be tired to remember and/or chase the BI 2 mths later.
Maybank add minimum adb 20k double of CIMB. I use these HYSA for instant withdrawal purposes last time. With high minimum adb it is like fixed deposit locked liao. Only left SCB eSaver
 

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,730
Reaction score
547
Maybank add minimum adb 20k double of CIMB. I use these HYSA for instant withdrawal purposes last time. With high minimum adb it is like fixed deposit locked liao. Only left SCB eSaver
Min no fee balance is 500. 20k ADB is to qualify for bonus interest. If interest drop and got some bank better, I will just withdraw and leave 500 inside. I have about a million in cash spread across a few banks. No issue for me to maintain 20k ADB.
 

ahchan

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2001
Messages
458
Reaction score
84
BI for July should be tomorrow. BI for Aug should be end Oct.
Understood for the BI...

But was trying to clarify on the "Saving bonus" payment...it should be paid earlier, if we based on the previous month which was paid on 26-Aug....
 

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2016
Messages
22,487
Reaction score
3,709
For those on Jul-Aug cycle, have you gotten the "Saving Bonus" (for SI transfer) for August ?
Last month we got small amount on 26-Aug (for SI transfer for July) but seems there is nothing this month yet for the "Saving Bonus" (for SI transfer in Aug).

Also, are we expecting the BI for Jul and Aug to be credited by 30-Sep ?

The problem with CIMB is really the way they pay out the interest.
And sometimes, the bank itself also confuses and "forget" to make payment :( :(
I did not receive saving bonus for the month of Aug. Is it supposedly this month to receive? But received saving bonus for month of july and credited on 28 Aug
 

ahchan

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2001
Messages
458
Reaction score
84
I did not receive saving bonus for the month of Aug. Is it supposedly this month to receive? But received saving bonus for month of july and credited on 28 Aug

Yes, same for me.
Received "Saving Bonus" on 26-Aug and I presume it was for the SI-Transfer for the month of July.
So I am expecting the same for this month for the SI-Transfer for the month of August....but I did not see any so far...

Not sure how it is suppose to be....
Tomorrow is the last day....so will we receive both the "BI" for Jul-Aug and the "Saving Bonus" for Aug together ?
 

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2016
Messages
22,487
Reaction score
3,709
Yes, same for me.
Received "Saving Bonus" on 26-Aug and I presume it was for the SI-Transfer for the month of July.
So I am expecting the same for this month for the SI-Transfer for the month of August....but I did not see any so far...

Not sure how it is suppose to be....
Tomorrow is the last day....so will we receive both the "BI" for Jul-Aug and the "Saving Bonus" for Aug together ?
I just called cimb to find out, need to escalate to relevant team to check :rolleyes:they will call me back.

BI will be paid in oct. Tomorrow is prevailing interest rate. :p
 

ahchan

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2001
Messages
458
Reaction score
84
I just called cimb to find out, need to escalate to relevant team to check :rolleyes:they will call me back.

BI will be paid in oct. Tomorrow is prevailing interest rate. :p

BI for Aug-Sep cycle is in Oct....but I think the BI for the Jul-Aug cycle should be by tomorrow.

It is very confusing....I think CIMB should really simplify their promotion...I got a feeling even their CSO also confuse which promotion is which... :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top