- Joined
- Sep 16, 2018
- Messages
- 36,209
- Reaction score
- 12,242
Based on the reports, the AI packages are not that useful ...
BTW, I had one year of free Perplexity Pro subscription courtesy of SingTel but it was not really used much. Now the free subscription expired. I do have access to some AI tools at work.
One example response in the forum about Circles.Life AI package.
their app is just a aggregator of ChatGPT, Perplexity, Gemini. you choose which AI u want to chat with. that's all
nothing special
But then I see one recent and positive report from Reddit (25 days ago).
+++++++++
Following is simply my personal opinion. Take it with a HUGE pinch of salt.
As a heavy weight user and already subscribed to Perplexity AI, i think Circles AI is genuinely not too bad. I have tried to use it for some general research myself (e.g. looking at comparing between home insurance plans). First things first, I believe that Circles AI is simply wrapping itself from Perplexity AI (given that I have hit the usage limit on their web search, which gave me a error message (401 You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details. For more information, visit https://www.perplexity.ai/settings/api.)
I am currently on Perplexity Pro, which restricts me to only Claude's Sonnet 4.6, but Circles AI allows me to use Optus 4.6, which is a far more superior model and provides better output. However, I have noticed that web searches tends to result in poorer results than offline searches. If your main purpose is web search, I would recommend to stick with Google's Gemini or free version of Perplexity.
However, if you want to maximise what Circle's has provided, what I have been doing it feeding it documents and making it use the documents as knowledge to provide output which has provided much better output.
With regards to privacy, they do mention that Privacy policy is up to each of the LLMs, and that they do not retain your prompts for training, so it is up to you how much you trust Circles. For this you would have to see the data policy for APIs for each of the LLMs (basically how they access the APIs). For OpenAI claims to store your data for 30 Days, whereas Claude claims not to retain data at all. It depends on how much you trust them at this point.
Last edited:
