Circles.Life Discussion Thread

auroraskyzzz

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
16
Sharing something on the old $0 plan which recently got converted to the $5 20gb data plan...

Earlier this week i logged into my circles app (haven't been using this number for quite a long time), wanting to terminate the plan. When i clicked on termination of plan, there's a pop up to offer me a free 3 months plan starting fr 1st nov (i couldn't rmb exactly how many gb of data), and asked me if i want to take up the offer or continue to terminate. Since it's free, i decided to stay on.

2 days later, I was having some doubts on my Oct bill and the free 3 months offer, so i went to look for the online chat agent on the app. To my surprise, the agent told me I am offered a 12 months waiver of the $5 plan! When i asked him why this wasn't mentioned in the email, he said this promo is only for those who reached out to them!

They will send u the promo code for this 12 mth waiver within 24hrs, if you don't receive it (happened to me), look for them on the online chat again. They will give you the code right away.

I just redeeemed the offer and lets see how it goes. Haha.

Not sure if they offer this to all who reached out to them. Quoting what the agent said, "It was offered to some customer by reaching out to us", "For most migrated customer that don't want to pay for the new plan, we are offering a 12-month waiver costing $5 so your billing for 12 months is still under $0."
 
Last edited:

peppermint7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2018
Messages
6,014
Reaction score
893
Not sure if they offer this to all who reached out to them. Quoting what the agent said, "It was offered to some customer by reaching out to us", "For most migrated customer that don't want to pay for the new plan, we are offering a 12-month waiver costing $5 so your billing for 12 months is still under $0."
I think you are being lucky cos it depends on the agent who is serving you. I tried your method but the agent straight away say sad to let you go but respect your decision. So i ask him i thought i saw 3 months free at termination page. Then he no choice check again then tell me previous agent already put up a 4 month request for me which i know nothing about. (Previously i only enquire on billing. I didn't bring up termination.) I requested for extension of waival but he says the system at most can only record 4 month. I'll wait and see. After 4 months then say.
 

auroraskyzzz

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
16
Hmm, perhaps they are trying to lure me into using this number. I have this number for years but have not been using it. I kept it in a old hp which I've not been using for years. I was surprised the card is still active after so many years, i thought circle life has forgotten about my account, haha.. until they sent email to inform the $0 plan is coming to an end.
 

JAYSCS

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2021
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
979
I'm confirm twice with 2 different customer service staffs both told me it is post paid. Meaning let's say when we turn 60, we can port over to Simba Senior plan (also $5) with the same number :)
For porting to Simba, whether prepaid or postpaid are all possible just that one needs to go down to the service centre for prepaid to Simba Prepaid or Simba Postpaid.
 

peppermint7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2018
Messages
6,014
Reaction score
893
For porting to Simba, whether prepaid or postpaid are all possible just that one needs to go down to the service centre for prepaid to Simba Prepaid or Simba Postpaid.
Thanks for the info 👍 i saw this just now..
https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/s/fzzNvjxYMe

Referring to the post from josemartinlopez 8d ago.. he said
"This happened to me. The "promo" disappeared and I'm suddenly being made to pay for a $29 plan, for 3 GB + bonus 47 GB."

And he mention this happens about 3 months mark.

And i go check my plan. My was also a $29 plan. So meaning after the $5 starts, i still have to keep a watchful eye on disappearing promo code that kept it at $5?? This sounds too complex to me :( i guess the safest way is to get my family member to help me apply a simba line under the senior plan which is also $5. The only thing is i will need to go thru the trouble to change all the linkage to the new number since i can't port over from my name to her name. And also i already have a $10 simba as my main. So this new line can't actually cover the blind spots such as underground places since both under simba. I got to think carefully whether to go ahead, rather than having to keep looking out for bill shocks in time to come 😞
 

ontodhcp

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
226
Reaction score
73
Mine also auto upgrade on 07 Oct.
Now it shows 20GB and unlimited incoming and outgoing calls?
But last time the email they send is only 100 mins incoming and outgoing calls.
I email them about why the app shows unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, few days later, they reply:

We would like to acknowledge your recent request regarding the retention of your previous $0 plan and extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered. After a thorough review of your request, we are pleased to confirm that you will be able to retain your current $0 plan until the next scheduled migration. Furthermore, we will be processing the necessary waivers on your account to ensure that no charges will be incurred during this period. Please be assured that every measure has been taken to honor your request and to maintain your current plan without interruption.

We greatly value your continued patronage and strive to make this transition as seamless as possible. Should you require any further assistance or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

My email to them never mention anything about me trying to revert back to $0 plan, I don't mind paying $5 a month, but somehow their CS mistook it as I'm trying to revert back to $0 plan.
Currently the app still show it as 20GB and unlimited calls.
Will continue to monitor it there's any changes in the next few days.
 

JAYSCS

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2021
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
979
I email them about why the app shows unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, few days later, they reply:



My email to them never mention anything about me trying to revert back to $0 plan, I don't mind paying $5 a month, but somehow their CS mistook it as I'm trying to revert back to $0 plan.
Currently the app still show it as 20GB and unlimited calls.
Will continue to monitor it there's any changes in the next few days.
Just enjoy the perks and take note of any CC deductions which shouldnt be any since CS assures you of that. 😀
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Can't camp to any network for the past 36hr in Japan. Anyone else have this issue? Tried all setting for network (5g, LTE, turn on and off volte, all didn't work.)

Damn, can't receive sms verification for certain app if this persist.
 

smith2006

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
14,260
Reaction score
1,420
Previously this $0 plan is a Prepaid number. Only Postpaid number can be ported out. CS confirm twice the $5 paid ones are Postpaid. From my understanding, Simba allows prepaid number to be ported into their line but only for the $10 plans. This is something new to me when i enquire over one of their counter at neighbourhood store. I have not tested so i have no idea if it is truely workable as as far as i know, prepaid numbers cannot be ported out. Since CL offering $5 in order to keep the number, I'll continue to keep it as i still need the number. I have asked them for lower plan just so i can keep the number but this is the best they could offer.

My main I'm using Simba $10 plan which I'm happy with. This CL is my spare, it only comes in handy in case Simba is unstable at underground places.
Circles $0 can port direct to SIMBA Senior $5, so not prepaid.

I did it for my mom two or three months ago, don't have to visit Kaki Bukit or Orchard.
 

peppermint7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2018
Messages
6,014
Reaction score
893
Circles $0 can port direct to SIMBA Senior $5, so not prepaid.

I did it for my mom two or three months ago, don't have to visit Kaki Bukit or Orchard.
Thanks for the info. But the line is under my name (I'm not entitled to the simba senior plan yet) . Not sure if circle allow transfer of ownership as a $0 plan.
 

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
71,456
Reaction score
10,398
Circles $0 can port direct to SIMBA Senior $5, so not prepaid.

I did it for my mom two or three months ago, don't have to visit Kaki Bukit or Orchard.
So any Simba retailers can port Circle to Simba senior? That will be convenient.
 

smith2006

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
14,260
Reaction score
1,420
So any Simba retailers can port Circle to Simba senior? That will be convenient.
Not sure about retailer.

That time had NDP promotion - SIMBA MOBILE - Switch to SIMBA and get free $10 credit, so visited one of the service centres.

Got the credit the second day


NDPMobile.eb555ef7.png
 

peppermint7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2018
Messages
6,014
Reaction score
893
So any Simba retailers can port Circle to Simba senior? That will be convenient.
Not all retailers will do it FOC for you. Previously i went to port my personal number from Singtel to Simba. A handful want to charge me $10. But i seek out those store with worker in purple Simba T shirt. Those are the ones that do it FOC. The one i visited is at Tiong Bahru right behind bus stop. Cos these purple shirts staffs are hired by Simba direct. Whereas those other shop retailers are not. So they'll charge you $10 for "handling fee". I'm referring to general porting service. Not only for senior plans.
 

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
2,355
Not all retailers will do it FOC for you. Previously i went to port my personal number from Singtel to Simba. A handful want to charge me $10. But i seek out those store with worker in purple Simba T shirt. Those are the ones that do it FOC. The one i visited is at Tiong Bahru right behind bus stop. Cos these purple shirts staffs are hired by Simba direct. Whereas those other shop retailers are not. So they'll charge you $10 for "handling fee". I'm referring to general porting service. Not only for senior plans.

when i port, i ask for all charges, and confirm the total sum. if they charge additional, i just smile, thank them and walk off. thankfully, the shops near my place deal straight and dun have such charges.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top