Circles.Life Discussion Thread

Codeislife

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2026
Messages
47
Reaction score
18
Hi everyone, considering the circles life cheaper 4g plans ($5,$6) with the promo codes. Read on other forums that they seem to overcharge on the 1tb data?

Anyone facing any issues with the monthly fee and how is the chatgpt and other features offered?
 

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
Hi everyone, considering the circles life cheaper 4g plans ($5,$6) with the promo codes. Read on other forums that they seem to overcharge on the 1tb data?

Anyone facing any issues with the monthly fee and how is the chatgpt and other features offered?
1. I have 4 CL lines. Two 5G and two 4G
2. Never had issues with their plans as long as you don’t
a. Get greedy to click on “free” trials within the CL app
b. Use roaming when your plan doesn’t have any.
3. Billing is ok so far
4. Not bothered to try their AI, i use standalone AI apps.
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,881
Reaction score
4,892
1. I have 4 CL lines. Two 5G and two 4G
2. Never had issues with their plans as long as you don’t
a. Get greedy to click on “free” trials within the CL app
b. Use roaming when your plan doesn’t have any.
3. Billing is ok so far
4. Not bothered to try their AI, i use standalone AI apps.
Their AI is overrated and not full-featured. I tried it and have found it isn't as good as they claim it to be.

I've started to notice places I frequent where CL reception drops, sometimes to 4G. Noticed increased battery drain compared to Singtel SIM-only.

Last week I actually missed some calls from relatives trying to get to me - my uncle collapsed and ended up in the ICU, and no one could contact me for a bit.

Waiting to switch back to a ST based network.
 

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
Their AI is overrated and not full-featured. I tried it and have found it isn't as good as they claim it to be.

I've started to notice places I frequent where CL reception drops, sometimes to 4G. Noticed increased battery drain compared to Singtel SIM-only.

Last week I actually missed some calls from relatives trying to get to me - my uncle collapsed and ended up in the ICU, and no one could contact me for a bit.

Waiting to switch back to a ST based network.
Again really depends on your location. ST also can have outages, pick your own poison. There are also places where my CL line drops to 4G and become slow. I have 2 lines per device as backup. 1 CL. 1 ST
 

Codeislife

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2026
Messages
47
Reaction score
18
Hope your uncle is better better now.. imo reception drop for data is expected at diff locations but missing calls is quite serious guess its not that stable for a main line
 

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
Hmm good idea too since no roaming is also a con
Individual needs. Fyi. My CL is local 5G only. No roaming. Only my ST line has roaming capability. Mainly just for backup purposes in case like the recent ST outage or areas where ST is poor signal.
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,881
Reaction score
4,892
Hope your uncle is better better now.. imo reception drop for data is expected at diff locations but missing calls is quite serious guess its not that stable for a main line
Thanks for asking. He passed away before I reached the hospital.
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,881
Reaction score
4,892
Again really depends on your location. ST also can have outages, pick your own poison. There are also places where my CL line drops to 4G and become slow. I have 2 lines per device as backup. 1 CL. 1 ST
Yes and no. My relatives call by normal calls, not data apps. So having a backup data plan does not matter if the main line's reception drops out.

I have a backup plan, and my older relatives only have one number to get through to me. That's why I am switching that line back to a ST-based network.
 

JAYSCS

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2021
Messages
1,182
Reaction score
977
Yes and no. My relatives call by normal calls, not data apps. So having a backup data plan does not matter if the main line's reception drops out.

I have a backup plan, and my older relatives only have one number to get through to me. That's why I am switching that line back to a ST-based network.
Sorry about your uncle passing. Your case is an unusual one as the older relative's younger ones are not reaching you via social apps. Usually as long as you are reachable via data connection, it is suffice though, so do not be too self-blaming in this incident.

Another point to add, your old relative should also at least SMS if happened the call could not be reached, SMS usually is quite the best alternative route to reach the other party should calling fail.
 
Last edited:

atlantis001

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
119
Reaction score
15
I received and activated SIM today. Noticed two discrepancies:

1. Was charged $0.90 under IDD PayG.
The CL agent said the IDD PayG charge was for 2 global SMSes sent when user uses an iPhone for activating iMessage/FaceTime. I have a habit of turning off my phone every night as well as turning off iMessage/FaceTime activation.

So I'm wondering now everytime I turn on the iPhone, it's going to send 2 global SMSes to Apple. I have never encountered being charged for sending iMessage/FaceTime activation.

The agent mentioned that this is a bug and they are working to fix it and she could see the $0.90 being waived off in the backend. But the dashboard still shows I'm being charged. So 🤷‍♂️.

Has anyone been told this about the 2 global SMSes?

2. The plan comes with 25 SMS. I received SMS OTP for Circles app and immediately 1 SMS is deducted.

The agent said they would investigate this issue.

3. I understand that first month is charge on a pro rated basis. But when I activated it, immediately it charged $5.

How is the prorated charge being charged in this case?

Just to follow up on a question I asked about the download speed at Canberra area is about 60-80 Mbps and at times able to hit 150Mbps on a Samsung S23.

But I can only hit a miserable 5Mbps on a Mi 9 SE and it starts to crawl. Not sure what's happening....

And on a Cat4 Wifi dongle about 20-30Mbps.
 

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
I received and activated SIM today. Noticed two discrepancies:

1. Was charged $0.90 under IDD PayG.
The CL agent said the IDD PayG charge was for 2 global SMSes sent when user uses an iPhone for activating iMessage/FaceTime. I have a habit of turning off my phone every night as well as turning off iMessage/FaceTime activation.

So I'm wondering now everytime I turn on the iPhone, it's going to send 2 global SMSes to Apple. I have never encountered being charged for sending iMessage/FaceTime activation.

The agent mentioned that this is a bug and they are working to fix it and she could see the $0.90 being waived off in the backend. But the dashboard still shows I'm being charged. So 🤷‍♂️.

Has anyone been told this about the 2 global SMSes?

2. The plan comes with 25 SMS. I received SMS OTP for Circles app and immediately 1 SMS is deducted.

The agent said they would investigate this issue.

3. I understand that first month is charge on a pro rated basis. But when I activated it, immediately it charged $5.

How is the prorated charge being charged in this case?

Just to follow up on a question I asked about the download speed at Canberra area is about 60-80 Mbps and at times able to hit 150Mbps on a Samsung S23.

But I can only hit a miserable 5Mbps on a Mi 9 SE and it starts to crawl. Not sure what's happening....

And on a Cat4 Wifi dongle about 20-30Mbps.
1. All telco charge for this. Applies each time you
a. Take out and put back psim
b. Delete and reactivate esim
2. 25 sms is for outgoing sms. Incoming is free
3. First month is prorated. Check when is your activation date
4. 4G on M1 network is well known. CL won’t be special. Try another phone given that your dongle posted better speed.
 

mr_won

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
With all the recent discussion, does it mean CL no roaming plans = line is totally dead overseas (if we do not wish to incur additional charges)?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top