Circles life jet pac

cyberet

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2001
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
329
mine working in Indonesia/bintan, but abit slow.
video conference can be laggy.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
2nd day and circles life still showing me 3gb (no sign of usage?)

anyone else experiencing this? How to check our roaming usage sia?
 

cyberet

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2001
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
329
2nd day and circles life still showing me 3gb (no sign of usage?)

anyone else experiencing this? How to check our roaming usage sia?
mine showing 2.2gb left when I click on the travel tab
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
mine showing 2.2gb left when I click on the travel tab
Mine no change since day 1 but I stop using since u got a local sim. But I am sure I have used at least 100 to 200mb during my first few hour in day 1. Emailed to circles life to check.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Today at JB, both Simba and My jetpac working well.

And finally I see my usage reflected in the app. Nothing wrong for my account. Phew.

Next test is dec 15 Taiwan.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Just received this Xmas gift!!

----
The ho-ho-holidays are here 🎅🏻

Time to pull out the fairy lights, hot cocoa and the Circles.Life gifts! In the spirit of giving, here’s a small gift from us to you: FREE 15GB data roaming on Jetpac.



Here’s how to redeem this perk:

1. Head over to your Circles.Life app

2. Click on the ‘Travel’ icon at the bottom of the app

3. Scroll to the bottom and tap that shaking red gift box



Redeem this by 31 December 2022 to enjoy your extra data perk for 30 days.
 

Ye_Rongtian

Banned
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
57,093
Reaction score
14,407
If this is like circles.life own roaming, it is not seamless. No network lock, so it will auto register to the strongest network (resulting you in not able to surf). Based on my own circle.life data roam (which I paid an overpriced $8 for 1GB) in Nov.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
If this is like circles.life own roaming, it is not seamless. No network lock, so it will auto register to the strongest network (resulting you in not able to surf). Based on my own circle.life data roam (which I paid an overpriced $8 for 1GB) in Nov.
Don’t think so. Sg is locking to singtel network. So I think it’s a collaboration with 0101 network provider.
 

Ye_Rongtian

Banned
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
57,093
Reaction score
14,407
Don’t think so. Sg is locking to singtel network. So I think it’s a collaboration with 0101 network provider.
In Thailand on my circle life SIM, it auto registered on DTAC network. Couldn't surf until I changed to AIS network manually. Didn't see any network lock in the app.


I read for Jetpac it is using CAT Telecom and TrueMove H for Thailand.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
In Thailand on my circle life SIM, it auto registered on DTAC network. Couldn't surf until I changed to AIS network manually. Didn't see any network lock in the app.


I read for Jetpac it is using CAT Telecom and TrueMove H for Thailand.
so ok lah..still can workaround without getting help from customer service that only ask for endless question but never help to resolve the problem..
 

Spongy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
6
I’m in Japan now and the speed is so SLOW! Even when it says 5G! The speed is really throttled. I compared to my daughter local prepaid 10GB SIM card for the same webpage, hers fully loaded and I can’t even see any pictures. Really waste my $20. I would suggest to just get the local prepaid SIM card.
 

year2013

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
226
I’m in Japan now and the speed is so SLOW! Even when it says 5G! The speed is really throttled. I compared to my daughter local prepaid 10GB SIM card for the same webpage, hers fully loaded and I can’t even see any pictures. Really waste my $20. I would suggest to just get the local prepaid SIM card.
I was planning to try this but not anymore, will stick to Airalo or local SIMs
 

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
25,846
Reaction score
159
I’m in Japan now and the speed is so SLOW! Even when it says 5G! The speed is really throttled. I compared to my daughter local prepaid 10GB SIM card for the same webpage, hers fully loaded and I can’t even see any pictures. Really waste my $20. I would suggest to just get the local prepaid SIM card.

Same experience here. Got the jetpac and the speeds were so slow that barely anything could load.
They are using softbank
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Just got back from Taiwan. Jetpac works well for my whole 16days round island. Recommended!
 

Spongy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
6
Same experience here. Got the jetpac and the speeds were so slow that barely anything could load.
They are using softbank
I could connect to both docomo and SoftBank while my daughter’s local SIM card was from SoftBank. My daughter’s phone loaded the web pages very fast, similar to data speed in Singapore, but mine and the other 4 of us on “jetpack pro” were just slow and web pages won’t load.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
374
Just got back from Taiwan. Jetpac works well for my whole 16days round island. Recommended!
In taiwan now. Connection no problem but only can connect to 台湾大哥大 3G. Speed so slow. :(
So if only visiting Taipei then not so recommended ya? Maybe better just to use M1 Prepaid if going to the 5 countries listed for free roaming.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
So if only visiting Taipei then not so recommended ya? Maybe better just to use M1 Prepaid if going to the 5 countries listed for free roaming.
funny is that, first arrive in taipei I can only connect to 3G network..
after I got out of taipei, it could connect to 5G..and coming back to taipei, it's 5G already...I didnt do anything..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top