Translated by TikTok ,written presumably by someone attending the court hearing.
Ko Wenzhe extended the detention court speech excerpt:
I have been detained for a year. I, Chen Peiqi, my three children, Li Wenzong, Li Wenjuan, my secretary, assistant, and senior party officials have all been raided.
What did you find?
The DPP did not expect the People's Party to be so poor, so clean, because dry so clean, because clean so white. You are mistaken, there are not so many bad people.
This case is only to deal with Ke Wenzhe alone, but it has implicated too many people. I saw Peng Zhensheng the day before yesterday and really wanted to ask him, what crime do you confess to? I didn't tell him to do anything, and his family was destroyed...
But I saw that he really couldn't ask,
(questioning the prosecutor) Does he need this? The family is broken... (choking and unable to speak)
Li Wenzong, my high school classmate, has known each other for 50 years, but he came to be my chief financial officer in the presidential election. The Jinghua City case has nothing to do with him. He was imprisoned for 10 months, sentenced to ten years in prison, and deprived of public power for 5 years. It has been 30 years since Taiwan's democratization, but there is still such injustice in prison.
People around me have been subpoenaed, tortured, and repaired because they funded the Democratic Party.
I must promote one thing in the future. If I am admitted to the judicial examination, 1 will go to prison for a week first. Do you know what it is?
Generally, people in prison can still go out for activities every day. They have meal classes, go to collect dinner plates, and go to workshops for activities. There are also many people who smoke and chat, which is very similar to being a soldier.
I was locked in the big room of Sanping 24 hours a day, and only when I was called would I open a small window. I could only lie on the ground and hear sounds through the food delivery port, but I couldn't see people, and the sun couldn't get in. It was like this for a year.
I may be an important member of the imperial court. Every time I go out, the staff have to suspend their work, and the people have to stand facing the wall and avoid it. On the first night, my roommate said to me, Come on, Abei! It was removed the next day, and only my room was left in my area, and the others were removed...
Let me lock up for a year, so that I can see the people at the bottom of Taiwan. Do you know the money card? There are three cellmates who are in the same room as me.
The money card is zero yuan. They only have one set of clothes and cannot be changed. After washing and drying at night, they sleep naked.
It's good to be locked up for a year, which allows me to see the bottom and most marginalized people in Taiwanese society.
Or to quote myself, the hardest thing in life is not to encounter setbacks, but to face setbacks and not give up hope in life. Have good intentions, do your best, and hope that Taiwan will be better because of us. I would also like to thank those who have encouraged me this year.