cpf Special account shielding

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
U shouldn't be put off by just 1 failure. Diversification is important. If you have had invested 30k each in 10 companies, it is hard to be down to only 30k remaining unless you invested into those small cap, risky China companies. :s13:

I pay 300k plus for stock now worth abt 30k, that one confirm me

My first and only time buy stock and also my last
 

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
9,541
Reaction score
923
I pay 300k plus for stock now worth abt 30k, that one confirm me

My first and only time buy stock and also my last

wow, you play big...

my biggest ever single counter bet was about $120k and that was after continuous averaging down for about 10 months. was losing $60k at one point but thankfully it rebounded spectacularly last August...

but $270k is a big amount, at least to me.
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
wow, you play big...

my biggest ever single counter bet was about $120k and that was after continuous averaging down for about 10 months. was losing $60k at one point but thankfully it rebounded spectacularly last August...

but $270k is a big amount, at least to me.

Was stupid/gullible/idiotic/greedy are the few words I could describe myself then. Then, there is no free lunch in this world, greed took over, blind myself for the returns. LOL, now look forward for other opportunities
 

maple96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
6
Was stupid/gullible/idiotic/greedy are the few words I could describe myself then. Then, there is no free lunch in this world, greed took over, blind myself for the returns. LOL, now look forward for other opportunities

jia yu, that's positive thinking, keep it up!
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
jia yu, that's positive thinking, keep it up!

Jia qian is better than Jia you. I am pretty optimistic one(which sometime can be bad, example< I always feel MBS is just keeping my money there temporary, someday , I am goin there to take it back LOL)

Anyway, back to SA shielding, with or without,I am more keen to leave my fund into SA, either via VC from 55 - 65, and keep the rest in OA lor. But definitely not in RA (my thinking as of now)

I might change my mind to do ERS maybe 10 years later , cos mindset might be different as today. (Ask Romeo88, was that waht he thought when he was 44 lol) .Mindset change along with age
 

maple96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
6
Jia qian is better than Jia you. I am pretty optimistic one(which sometime can be bad, example< I always feel MBS is just keeping my money there temporary, someday , I am goin there to take it back LOL)

Anyway, back to SA shielding, with or without,I am more keen to leave my fund into SA, either via VC from 55 - 65, and keep the rest in OA lor. But definitely not in RA (my thinking as of now)

I might change my mind to do ERS maybe 10 years later , cos mindset might be different as today. (Ask Romeo88, was that waht he thought when he was 44 lol) .Mindset change along with age

I also change my thinking compared to more than 5 years ago, as I discover more and more about the CPF internals :s13:

Jia qian, cai yuan guang jin!
 

romeo88

Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
342
Reaction score
2
I give you 2 thumbs up for this - positive thinking to infinity. :s13: Just need to make sure the day is well before you kick or MBS flipped.

I always feel MBS is just keeping my money there temporary, someday , I am goin there to take it back LOL)

No, to ERS has never changed for me all these years. Any instrument that can guarantee me 4% return is just too good to pass. Without looking in-depth, like many, I used to think LIFE will take care of everything until recent realisation.

I was gunning for Standard plan and now that I realised that's money thrown in for the house and for others who live a long-life, that's when I had to relook at my strategy. Now that I know it's only the compounding interests of the Basic LIFE premium that I lose, the ERS (with top-ups) and Basic plan strategy is not that bad. But this realisation takes a lot of time and effort to fact-find (honestly, it's worth it rather than to make another mistake by only realising it 10 years from now).

Again, I will not live beyond 90 and if I somehow did, I'll kill myself first. Seriously, think of quality of life and when you're old and sick, do you still need that much money? Besides, I've other asset bucket to draw from.

I might change my mind to do ERS maybe 10 years later , cos mindset might be different as today. (Ask Romeo88, was that waht he thought when he was 44 lol) .Mindset change along with age
 

maple96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
6
Again, I will not live beyond 90 and if I somehow did, I'll kill myself first. Seriously, think of quality of life and when you're old and sick, do you still need that much money? Besides, I've other asset bucket to draw from.

wow sama sama :s13:
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
romeo88 wrote:

Again, I will not live beyond 90 and if I somehow did, I'll kill myself first. Seriously, think of quality of life and when you're old and sick, do you still need that much money? Besides, I've other asset bucket to draw from.

wow sama sama :s13:

Huh, I thought both of you are on Basic withdrawal plan, which mean you would strive to live to 95-96.........
 

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,390
Reaction score
379
Huh, I thought both of you are on Basic withdrawal plan, which mean you would strive to live to 95-96.........
I think should be strive to live as long as possible but if unfortunately fall short don't lose so much if on LIF Basic?

Sent from Xiaomi MI A2 using GAGT
 

maple96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
6
Huh, I thought both of you are on Basic withdrawal plan, which mean you would strive to live to 95-96.........

I think should be strive to live as long as possible but if unfortunately fall short don't lose so much if on LIF Basic?

Sent from Xiaomi MI A2 using GAGT

Wah after so much discussions, both of u still dun understand how to choose :s13:

Choose Escalating Plan if u think u got long live and will strive to live as long as possible (with all the sian tan :s13:) on mthly payout that grows bigger and bigger the older u get, the longer u live and profit from the CPF Life risk pool!

I choose Basic Plan because I dun think/want to live a long live, so die early to get a bigger refund from CPF Life! Losing is a no choice but can manage so dun lose so much :s13:
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
Wah after so much discussions, both of u still dun understand how to choose :s13:

Choose Escalating Plan if u think u got long live and will strive to live as long as possible (with all the sian tan :s13:) on mthly payout that grows bigger and bigger the older u get, the longer u live and profit from the CPF Life risk pool!

I choose Basic Plan because I dun think/want to live a long live, so die early to get a bigger refund from CPF Life! Losing is a no choice but can manage so dun lose so much :s13:

LOL, I taking my time to choose I still have about 201480 hours before I need to made a decision. As of today, my estimate lifespan still stand at 315360 hours
 

Tiger9119

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2017
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
11
LOL, I taking my time to choose I still have about 201480 hours before I need to made a decision. As of today, my estimate lifespan still stand at 315360 hours

Don't go to MBS, you may live beyond 78. There is nothing much a person can do about CPF except to choose which plan.
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
Don't go to MBS, you may live beyond 78. There is nothing much a person can do about CPF except to choose which plan.

Well hard to say .... I met quite Number of old aunties and uncles that are over 80s, the most memorable is one 80 plus aunty who is a regular and smoke and curse at the dealer, best of all she alway play abt 24 hrs.
 

Tiger9119

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2017
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
11
Well hard to say .... I met quite Number of old aunties and uncles that are over 80s, the most memorable is one 80 plus aunty who is a regular and smoke and curse at the dealer, best of all she alway play abt 24 hrs.

At least you still have more than 12yrs to pump more money into SA and then do SA shielding. All I can do now is VC into 3 accounts.
 

Tiger9119

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2017
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
11
Presume that you have 3 more years to 65........ then enjoy life already right?

More than 3 yrs to 65 and I will continue to work as long as income is still good.
My income is from overseas and that is why I VC into CPF as a form of forced saving.

What to do after retires? Go "bird" watching at Orchard Road to keep my mind alert?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top