cpf Special account shielding

tangent314

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
5,136
Reaction score
224
You guys are seriously overestimating the reach of this one obscure blog.

Now if it's xiaxue posting it then maybe we should be worried.
 

The_Davis

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2001
Messages
152,268
Reaction score
14,920
You have to use the actual inflation rate to estimate. Singapore was a developing country with inflation rate of more than 10% in the 1970s but have slow down to 3% in the 2000s. Going forward, it's unlikely for inflation to go above 3% so a 2-3% estimate will work fine. Your $1 coffee will be around $1.6-$2 in 2044 base on my estimate.

Some coffeshop already $1.2 for kopi...
 

maple96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
6
Come to Sengkang block 279. Air-conditioned kopi shop. All day Kopi-o at 50c only. Cheaper than 1997 price :s13:

Must support.

I make my own chinese/green tea, cheaper :s13:

Last time, kopitiam gave seniors 30% discount card, I use their card, they dun check :s13:

Next mth, ntuc give seniors 50c kopi/teh, I will try again :s13:

mgp also can enjoy 50c once a week, I will also try using their card :s13:

I "buy suntec evouchers at 50% discount", so all my groceries at giant 50% discount :s13:
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
I make my own chinese/green tea, cheaper :s13:

Last time, kopitiam gave seniors 30% discount card, I use their card, they dun check :s13:

Next mth, ntuc give seniors 50c kopi/teh, I will try again :s13:

mgp also can enjoy 50c once a week, I will also try using their card :s13:

I "buy suntec evouchers at 50% discount", so all my groceries at giant 50% discount :s13:

My coffee still 1 dollar here and there. I now only drink coffee in office and home. LOL cheaper.
 

lifeafter41

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2016
Messages
29,431
Reaction score
12,161
I make my own chinese/green tea, cheaper :s13:

Last time, kopitiam gave seniors 30% discount card, I use their card, they dun check :s13:

Next mth, ntuc give seniors 50c kopi/teh, I will try again :s13:

mgp also can enjoy 50c once a week, I will also try using their card :s13:

I "buy suntec evouchers at 50% discount", so all my groceries at giant 50% discount :s13:

Suntec e vouchers at 50% discount?
Sure bo, so good deal.....lol
I also want to buy.
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,587
Reaction score
1,218
How to get this lobang to get Suntec vouchers at 50%? Sic lei.
 

maple96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
6
pls sic suntec lobang lol

Can you share how/what u charge to earn max reward points/interest every mth on the following:

1. DBS Woman World's MasterCard 2k
2. SCB Bonusaver Card 2k
3. UOB one card 2k
 

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
My coffee still 1 dollar here and there. I now only drink coffee in office and home. LOL cheaper.

I drink traditional Goldkili kpoi-o the cheapest I can find. Usually I buy 12x2 packs at offer of $3.95. That's 240 sachets and I always add extra sugar when drinking at home.

But drinking at home is never same feeling as drinking at kopi shop and puffing away.
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
its kind of funny seeing how you try to save cents from kopi and instead willingly spending dollars on cigarettes. :s13:

The Govt and citizens of Singapore thank you for your additional contributions towards nation building! :D

But then again... one can always argue the same can always be said about people who drives... trying to save 60c parking yet willing to buy 60k COE... what an irony...
I drink traditional Goldkili kpoi-o the cheapest I can find. Usually I buy 12x2 packs at offer of $3.95. That's 240 sachets and I always add extra sugar when drinking at home.

But drinking at home is never same feeling as drinking at kopi shop and puffing away.
 
Last edited:

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
its kind of funny seeing how you try to save cents from kopi and instead willingly spending dollars on cigarettes. :s13:

The Govt and citizens of Singapore thank you for your additional contributions towards nation building! :D

But then again... one can always argue the same can always be said about people who drives... trying to save 60c parking yet willing to buy 60k COE... what an irony...

Not that I am trying to save on the kopi-o. That's the brand I particularly like - better than those at kopi shop to me. Yet as I said, drinking at kopi shop and paying more, instead of at home, gives a different feeling. Same for smoking :s13:
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
its kind of funny seeing how you try to save cents from kopi and instead willingly spending dollars on cigarettes. :s13:

The Govt and citizens of Singapore thank you for your additional contributions towards nation building! :D

But then again... one can always argue the same can always be said about people who drives... trying to save 60c parking yet willing to buy 60k COE... what an irony...

I too a smoker, was trying to quit also LOL. But rather, if the govt is really sincere, try raising the cig price from $14.00 to $40.00 by tomorrow. Dont do a 50 cents increase per year, they know it would not hurt anything. I was at Perth Airport, bought a packet of Cig , it cost $44.00 a pack. I probably quit if the price was that high in Singapore (because it really hurt the pocket)
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
:s13:
I think it is in their interest to milk the public by doing gradual increment. A sudden spike doesn't goes well with public and may affect their vote at the next GE. :s13: Just imagine all smokers swing their vote.... :eek:
I too a smoker, was trying to quit also LOL. But rather, if the govt is really sincere, try raising the cig price from $14.00 to $40.00 by tomorrow. Dont do a 50 cents increase per year, they know it would not hurt anything. I was at Perth Airport, bought a packet of Cig , it cost $44.00 a pack. I probably quit if the price was that high in Singapore (because it really hurt the pocket)
 

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
24,609
Reaction score
5,597
I think it is in their interest to milk the public by doing gradual increment.
The last two tobacco excise tax increases in Singapore were +10% in 2014 and +10% in 2018.

If there's an early general election before the next budget, which seems fairly likely, then my wild guess is that there will be another 10% increase in early 2020, and another 10% increase in early 2022. Otherwise I'll guess early 2021 and early 2023 hikes. The government might even announce the next two hikes up front, to give smokers some advance warning to avoid the second hike (reduce or quit smoking).
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
:s13:
I think it is in their interest to milk the public by doing gradual increment. A sudden spike doesn't goes well with public and may affect their vote at the next GE. :s13: Just imagine all smokers swing their vote.... :eek:

Well, .... I cannot afford the habit with a BRS payout although my medical insurance can cover the treatment cost LOL
 

maple96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
6
You guys are seriously overestimating the reach of this one obscure blog.

Now if it's xiaxue posting it then maybe we should be worried.

I just saw the blog sitting inside seedly.sg

dun under-estimate the power of the internet!
 

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
Probably by my time, all SA invested after RA creation will be return in cash

Let me guess by your time.

No more CPFIS-SA.

Once FRS formed, no more SA. All go to meet ERS or go to OA including new contributions or top-ups, if not withdrawn.

All net proceeds from property go back to CPF.
 

Iyarash11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2019
Messages
10,318
Reaction score
1,267
I drink traditional Goldkili kpoi-o the cheapest I can find. Usually I buy 12x2 packs at offer of $3.95. That's 240 sachets and I always add extra sugar when drinking at home.

But drinking at home is never same feeling as drinking at kopi shop and puffing away.

is fragrance, thats true
but very sweet and you add extra sugar :s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top