DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,722
Reaction score
1,325
the investment portion tend to only be reflected later.
salary credited also not reflected..

i thought once the stock got transferred to CDP it will reflect instantly... but still havnt, shall wait a few days and see...
 

Soul77

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2001
Messages
2,233
Reaction score
13
Any estimate of how much delay in investment portion being recognized under Earn summary, based on your or other members' experience in November?

About 1 week. I bought using cash upfront last tuesday, friday credited to my cdp, this tuesday (or wed? I forgot exact day) reflected.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,722
Reaction score
1,325
Any estimate of how much delay in investment portion being recognized under Earn summary, based on your or other members' experience in November?
2 working days after u see the salary credited to ur account and
2 working days after the T+3 working days for investment of stocks via DBS Vickers



About 1 week. I bought using cash upfront last tuesday, friday credited to my cdp, this tuesday (or wed? I forgot exact day) reflected.
i already hit the interest i want for Multiplier in the Bank and Earn summary, does that mean i can sell away my stocks now,
or i have to hold it for this month to get the extra interest ?



Edit: i called the CSO, he said i can carry it forward to Jan and i dun have to repurchase the stock again only need to credit SAL and spend on credit card , anyone tried that yet?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
2 working days after u see the salary credited to ur account and
2 working days after the T+3 working days for investment of stocks via DBS Vickers




i already hit the interest i want for Multiplier in the Bank and Earn summary, does that mean i can sell away my stocks now,
or i have to hold it for this month to get the extra interest ?



Edit: i called the CSO, he said i can carry it forward to Jan and i dun have to repurchase the stock again only need to credit SAL and spend on credit card , anyone tried that yet?

it is a one time buy right? How to carry forward if there is no transaction (buy or dividend) in Jan?
 
Last edited:

Jazzbie

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
14
You can sell after the stock has been credited to CDP and still get interest for the month. But don't think you are doing the right thing buying and selling stocks on the premise of getting higher interest rate unless you are already an active trader.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,722
Reaction score
1,325
it is a one time buy right? How to carry forward if there is no transaction (buy or dividend) in Jan?

thats what i thought too! but the CSO says can carry forward :s22: ... i not sure if he got provide me wrong info, hence i ask in this thread who has successfully done this b4 ...
 

bbbbbw

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
348
The new multiplier is so much better than the old one.
I using this with maxigain
 

azzays

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
For DBS multiplier, does home loan installment means to pay monthly home loan through the same DBS account? And what does "Cash and Central Provision Fund (CPF) components included" mean?
 

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,638
Reaction score
616
For DBS multiplier, does home loan installment means to pay monthly home loan through the same DBS account? And what does "Cash and Central Provision Fund (CPF) components included" mean?
means as long as your loan is with Dbs, it doesn't matter if you're paying by CPF or cash or a combination of both, the whole monthly payable installment amount be taken into account for computation of the monthly cashflow.

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,341
Reaction score
7,521
2 working days after u see the salary credited to ur account and
2 working days after the T+3 working days for investment of stocks via DBS Vickers

just to add,, it also takes 2 working days for dividend credited to account to show in Summary.
 

jmapsmylife

Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2015
Messages
438
Reaction score
0
Since the difference is about one week, if I use my account to buy stock this mth, will it be counted as this mth transaction of next mth? Is it the time I buy or the time it get reflected?

About 1 week. I bought using cash upfront last tuesday, friday credited to my cdp, this tuesday (or wed? I forgot exact day) reflected.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Since the difference is about one week, if I use my account to buy stock this mth, will it be counted as this mth transaction of next mth? Is it the time I buy or the time it get reflected?

The time you complete the buy.
 

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
659
Reaction score
80
Hi. I did a rsp for ABF and I can see the unit trust portion updated with the new units. The amount was deducted on 15 Dec. But in View Bank & Earn Summary the investment portion was not reflected of the amount invested as of today. Like to check how long will this be reflected for your account. Tia.

Sent from NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET K1 using GAGT
 

flikmy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
530
Reaction score
25
About 1 week. I bought using cash upfront last tuesday, friday credited to my cdp, this tuesday (or wed? I forgot exact day) reflected.

Thanks Soul77 for this info.

I bought some ABF bond ETF on 14th Nov using the DBSV Cash upfront account. Based on your experience, it would mean that I should see it appear on my Bank n Earn summary for Nov

However, nothing appeared on the Bank n Earn Summary for Nov nor Dec. Been trying to speak to DBS customer service and they don't seem to know exactly either. One told me that investments will appear with a 1 month delay.

Such a pain as the investment changes the tier and interest that I should have received on the multiplier account.
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
I just opened a DBS Multipler acct yesterday and deposited 50K into the acct. I already have my salary credited to my POSB bank acct and my home loan (serviced by CPF) is with DBS.

Will I be getting max interest of 3.5% pa or that I still need to activate another service such as investing.

First time doing this type of multiplying acct. Thanks in advance.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I just opened a DBS Multipler acct yesterday and deposited 50K into the acct. I already have my salary credited to my POSB bank acct and my home loan (serviced by CPF) is with DBS.

Will I be getting max interest of 3.5% pa or that I still need to activate another service such as investing.

First time doing this type of multiplying acct. Thanks in advance.

1. You need to meet a third category to get the higher tier interest, credit card spending (any amount) will be easiest.

2. You get 3.5% only if you make min $30k transactions a month.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/landing/dbs-multiplier/

Total eligible transactions per month
Salary credit + transactions in 2 or more categories
<S$2,000 0.05% (p.a.)
≥S$2,000 to <S$2,500 1.80% (p.a.)
≥S$2,500 to <S$5,000 2.00% (p.a.)
≥S$5,000 to <S$15,000 2.20% (p.a.)
≥S$15,000 to <S$30,000 2.30% (p.a.)
≥S$30,000 3.50% (p.a.)
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
Thanks for the info.

As I have already have 50K in the acct I have met the 30K requirement. I hope my understanding here is correct.

So what I need is one additional criteria. I already have POSB MasterCard and every month I have spending on the card. Look like I should be able to get full 3.5%.

I am already in investsaver but I understand it is not counted as the investment criteria is based on new investment. Existing investment does not count.

1. You need to meet a third category to get the higher tier interest, credit card spending (any amount) will be easiest.

2. You get 3.5% only if you make min $30k transactions a month.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/landing/dbs-multiplier/

Total eligible transactions per month
Salary credit + transactions in 2 or more categories
<S$2,000 0.05% (p.a.)
≥S$2,000 to <S$2,500 1.80% (p.a.)
≥S$2,500 to <S$5,000 2.00% (p.a.)
≥S$5,000 to <S$15,000 2.20% (p.a.)
≥S$15,000 to <S$30,000 2.30% (p.a.)
≥S$30,000 3.50% (p.a.)
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Thanks for the info.

As I have already have 50K in the acct I have met the 30K requirement. I hope my understanding here is correct.

So what I need is one additional criteria. I already have POSB MasterCard and every month I have spending on the card. Look like I should be able to get full 3.5%.

I am already in investsaver but I understand it is not counted as the investment criteria is based on new investment. Existing investment does not count.

Having 50k in the account do not count to the transaction amount. Transaction amount is based on total of the salary amount credited, home loan payment amount in the month, credit card spending in the month etc.
 

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
2,831
Reaction score
2
Thanks for the info.

As I have already have 50K in the acct I have met the 30K requirement. I hope my understanding here is correct.

So what I need is one additional criteria. I already have POSB MasterCard and every month I have spending on the card. Look like I should be able to get full 3.5%.

I am already in investsaver but I understand it is not counted as the investment criteria is based on new investment. Existing investment does not count.

Read the website on wat is considered eligible transaction amount.

How much u have in the acc is not one of it
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top