DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

fitzz82

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
8,495
Reaction score
26
Thanks for the info.

As I have already have 50K in the acct I have met the 30K requirement. I hope my understanding here is correct.

So what I need is one additional criteria. I already have POSB MasterCard and every month I have spending on the card. Look like I should be able to get full 3.5%.

I am already in investsaver but I understand it is not counted as the investment criteria is based on new investment. Existing investment does not count.
if u earn 15k per month, spend 5k per month cc and 10k per month on home loan.
im sure u can get the full 3.5% int pa.
 
Last edited:

flikmy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
530
Reaction score
25
if u earn 15k per month, spend 5k per month cc and 10k per month on home loan.
im sure u can get the full 3.5% int pa.

That's probably the worst way to hit the 30k threshold. Nice one fitzz82! :s13:
Whatever interest you get from the 50k @ 3.5% isn't really enough for your savings since you're effectively spending your total monthly pay, not including other expenses like tax yet.
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,621
Reaction score
896
Thanks for the clarification.

What I understand now is that the interest rate is determined by how much and the number of criteria met. Let assume I managed to hit 2.2%. it means I get 2.2% of my 50K in the acct. Which means is 1.1K per year.

I think this should be right.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Thanks for the clarification.

What I understand now is that the interest rate is determined by how much and the number of criteria met. Let assume I managed to hit 2.2%. it means I get 2.2% of my 50K in the acct. Which means is 1.1K per year.

I think this should be right.

interest is credited monthly. The interest you get each month depends on the % interest (based on the transaction amount for the month) and the balance you have in the account.
 
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
233
Reaction score
4
I plan to switch from the cashback programme to the multiplier programme as the rebates are higher for me. I plan to use invest saver as 1 of the criteria and am currently subscribed to the G3B fund. My queries are:

1. After I sign up for the multiplier programme I can add the A35 fund to qualify for the investing criteria for 12 months?

2. Since the RSP only lasts for 12 months, I would have to terminate my G3B fund in 6 months so that it can be in time to qualify as a new fund when the first 12 months of the A35 fund are up? By terminating does it mean liquidating all my G3B units? If so, I think I will probably forgo the $12.5 cash rebate for 6 months and sign up the A35 fund again thereafter.

Thanks!
 

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
62,850
Reaction score
1,080
h_1514697125_2904381_d9520c5675.jpeg


hi can someone help me, i just opened the multiplier account,

check this morning how come the interest only 1.92 bucks huh?

i transact my cc bills and salary to this account already....
 

nefariel

Member
Joined
May 24, 2009
Messages
472
Reaction score
0
I plan to switch from the cashback programme to the multiplier programme as the rebates are higher for me. I plan to use invest saver as 1 of the criteria and am currently subscribed to the G3B fund. My queries are:

1. After I sign up for the multiplier programme I can add the A35 fund to qualify for the investing criteria for 12 months?

2. Since the RSP only lasts for 12 months, I would have to terminate my G3B fund in 6 months so that it can be in time to qualify as a new fund when the first 12 months of the A35 fund are up? By terminating does it mean liquidating all my G3B units? If so, I think I will probably forgo the $12.5 cash rebate for 6 months and sign up the A35 fund again thereafter.

Thanks!

yes and yes
 

savinmax

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2016
Messages
337
Reaction score
99
thats just the base interest ( 0.05% p.a.)

The Multiplier bonus interest will come around 4-5th of Jan 2018
 

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
659
Reaction score
80
Hi. I did a rsp for ABF and I can see the unit trust portion updated with the new units. The amount was deducted on 15 Dec. But in View Bank & Earn Summary the investment portion was not reflected of the amount invested as of today. Like to check how long will this be reflected for your account. Tia.

Sent from NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET K1 using GAGT
The rsp will reflect quite late in the month based on my experience. So if the rsp did not get reflected in the summary, wait till end of the month.

Sent from NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET K1 using GAGT
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,722
Reaction score
1,325
Today under the "View Bank and Earn Summary"for Multiplier seems like got bug?

My investment and salary section got more than 50% sudden increase for no reason, anyone encounter same issue in this section?
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,341
Reaction score
7,521
Today under the "View Bank and Earn Summary"for Multiplier seems like got bug?

My investment and salary section got more than 50% sudden increase for no reason, anyone encounter same issue in this section?

mine too :s13:
But The Total Monthly Banking as at 31 Dec is correct.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,722
Reaction score
1,325
mine too :s13:
But The Total Monthly Banking as at 31 Dec is correct.

yes i noticed that also... i canned in to ask, they say it's like that coz system not updated :s22:

they ask me check back after 4th , then will reflect the correct amt :s8:
 

eat.buttercake

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I just opened a Multiplier account and have RSP under another POSB savings. Is it considered as an eligible module (POSB/DBS as a whole) or must I shift my RSP crediting to Multiplier instead?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I just opened a Multiplier account and have RSP under another POSB savings. Is it considered as an eligible module (POSB/DBS as a whole) or must I shift my RSP crediting to Multiplier instead?

RSP applied before opening DBS multiplier not counted, otherwise don't matter if RSP is on another POSB/DBS account.
 

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,638
Reaction score
616
can I FAST from another account and choose salary payment and qualify for the bonus interest?
lol not gonna happen. companies need to submit your payroll GIRO file to their bank under transaction code 22 in order for Dbs to pick up the salary crediting transaction.

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top