DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,318
Reaction score
7,531
I cant find it :(
Is it under 'bank and earn summary' > history?
I only see two bar charts, interest earned and eligible transactions.

In app, go to ELIGIBLE TRANSACTIONS, expand Insurance,, will show x/12.
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,239
Reaction score
853
Hello, can check how do I stop investing in the etf for the multiplier account?

Last year, I added `ABF Singapore Bond Index` and last 1-2 months, it's been 12 months, so I want to remove it, and then I added `Nikko AM SGD Investment Grd Corp Bd ETF`.
I sold all the ones in `ABF Singapore Bond Index`, and added `Nikko AM`, is that not correct? because now I have both..

Anyone can guide me through?
 

cassowary18

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
1,819
Reaction score
201
Hello, can check how do I stop investing in the etf for the multiplier account?

Last year, I added `ABF Singapore Bond Index` and last 1-2 months, it's been 12 months, so I want to remove it, and then I added `Nikko AM SGD Investment Grd Corp Bd ETF`.
I sold all the ones in `ABF Singapore Bond Index`, and added `Nikko AM`, is that not correct? because now I have both..

Anyone can guide me through?
You need to terminate the RSP first. https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/support/investment-ut-terminate-invest-saver.html
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
So if I click delete, then whatever balance amount will be refunded back to me right?

nvm i know le. i sell all before I delete the rsp
Selling and terminate 2 separate actions.

you can terminate but don’t need to sell.

is not a refund
 

Imhthc

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
302
yeah i know is different. i wanted to sell before terminate
After you clicked to sell all units, you go to delete to terminate the RSP arrangement. There is a cut off date and if your instruction for termination is after that date, it will be terminated only after another deduction for May is made.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
After you clicked to sell all units, you go to delete to terminate the RSP arrangement. There is a cut off date and if your instruction for termination is after that date, it will be terminated only after another deduction for May is made.
actually you can also make it fail by just having insufficient money in the account.
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,239
Reaction score
853
After you clicked to sell all units, you go to delete to terminate the RSP arrangement. There is a cut off date and if your instruction for termination is after that date, it will be terminated only after another deduction for May is made.

yeah, it's alright. if still got, then will sell again lo.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
After you clicked to sell all units, you go to delete to terminate the RSP arrangement. There is a cut off date and if your instruction for termination is after that date, it will be terminated only after another deduction for May is made.
is it safe to make it by cut-off date to terminate after the bonus interest is in? (typically 7th of month)
 

Imhthc

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
302
is it safe to make it by cut-off date to terminate after the bonus interest is in? (typically 7th of month)
I was affected by this a few years back. I gave instruction of termination of my 13th rsp before 7th of the month and I was not awarded the cashback for investment category for that month in “bank and earn”. I suspected it was a system issue, because I complained and they take a month to put in the cashback
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
I was affected by this a few years back. I gave instruction of termination of my 13th rsp before 7th of the month and I was not awarded the cashback for investment category for that month in “bank and earn”. I suspected it was a system issue, because I complained and they take a month to put in the cashback
Ya. Apparently their system a bit stupid. If you cancel before the credit of the interest. It wouldn’t capture.

hence they suggest to cancel after credit
 

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Messages
5,948
Reaction score
811
I was affected by this a few years back. I gave instruction of termination of my 13th rsp before 7th of the month and I was not awarded the cashback for investment category for that month in “bank and earn”. I suspected it was a system issue, because I complained and they take a month to put in the cashback
I cancelled at the start of the month, and now my April disappeared from Bank and Earn. Looks like I might need to complain when everyone's bonuses have posted…
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
the same goes for insurance right? should only cancel after 7th (when interest is in)?

thing is for insurance, the effective month (for the bonus interest) is the month after we buy. Is that why some people buy the next one before the current one expires?

this is always confusing customers.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
the same goes for insurance right? should only cancel after 7th (when interest is in)?

thing is for insurance, the effective month (for the bonus interest) is the month after we buy. Is that why some people buy the next one before the current one expires?

this is always confusing customers.
it's actually similar to investment. just that delay by 1 month. but yes is confusing when it isn't consistent.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
it's actually similar to investment. just that delay by 1 month. but yes is confusing when it isn't consistent.
regardless, we should apply for next cycle of insurance in the month the current one expires right? so that it starts the following month.

so let's say they charge the 12th month on 16 August, which is counted for September. The bonus interest would come in on 7 September. Is it correct for me to:
- cancel the current plan on 8 September (after interest credited) before they deduct the 13th month on 16 September
- apply for next plan on 8 September
so that they will deduct in September and will start count for October?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top