DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
11/12 shown in the app today actually means that last month you paid the 11th instalment (insurance is counted in the following month).

and I tot insurance is always deducted automatically on the 16th?
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,548
Reaction score
7,667
Trazora is right. If you are at 12/12 in June, it means June is the last month recognised.
U need a new policy to earn bonus interest for July.
So I'll be taking up a new policy in July so that it starts counting for August too.
My July 2021 is 12/12 per the app
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
Dropping off Multiplier and taking up Cashback Bonus.

Need to take up investment as one category. But it seems not all unit trust are offered by DBS?
 
Last edited:

blue_denim24

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
294
Reaction score
23
Guys,

I was using multiplier and used to DCA into ABF earlier (100 dollars). Then I stopped that RSP but did not sell ABF. So ABF is still shown in my holdings. Since then, I have been DCA 100 into MBH. This month I realized my interest credit was very less and when I check bank and earn, I dont see investment category. Most likely this is due to the fact that 12 instalments for MBH have completed. So I need to re-activate this option by choosing something other then MBH (I hope my understanding is correct here). Can I check if I can switch on the RSP for ABF now and be considered eligible for another 12 months multiplier account criteria for investment?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Guys,

I was using multiplier and used to DCA into ABF earlier (100 dollars). Then I stopped that RSP but did not sell ABF. So ABF is still shown in my holdings. Since then, I have been DCA 100 into MBH. This month I realized my interest credit was very less and when I check bank and earn, I dont see investment category. Most likely this is due to the fact that 12 instalments for MBH have completed. So I need to re-activate this option by choosing something other then MBH (I hope my understanding is correct here). Can I check if I can switch on the RSP for ABF now and be considered eligible for another 12 months multiplier account criteria for investment?
no, cannot use ABF as you did not sell the funds and wait 6 months after that.
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
Traz is right. At this point you will have to buy into UTs each month or start another RSP that is not ABF amd MBH.

Btw, here is my theory on why this is the arrangement.

DBS earns a distributor's commission from the sale of these UTs but the maximum amount is at the time that a new folio is created, i.e. a customer buys into it for the first time. And so in order to maximize new folios, they require folks to sell in full and wait 6 months is because it is only after 6 months of zero-holding that the UT fund house counts a new purchase as a new folio.

I don't know why they count an RSP as an investment category for 12 months only. I have 2 theories: (1) in order to force people to create new folios every year, and/or (2) although DBS earns a commision each month, after 12 months this commission is pittance.

Maybe this has been discussed here already, or the answer is already out there, in which case I'll happy to be enlightened.
 

blue_denim24

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
294
Reaction score
23
Ok I will sell abf and mbh now. And use abf after 6 months again. I hope that will take care of this

Also, for 6 months starting now, any recommendations for any moderate risk UT ?
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,548
Reaction score
7,667
Anyone multiplier b&e summary today not showing the investment and insurance currently though completed?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
Anyone multiplier b&e summary today not showing the investment and insurance currently though completed?
my insurance (CancerCare) always shows up early in the month even though deduction is 16th..

my investment only shows up around 25th even though deduction is 15th..

in summary, worry not unless by month end you don't see any reflected.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top