DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,154
Reaction score
2,974
Is the longer ear mark good? I see this is risker to have your money locked in for longer period. Imagine if it is a Multiplier account u use to ear mark. Along the way, interest drop for Multiplier, then u have to accept it unless u forgo all the CASA interest to cash out earlier.
That's if you stack, even if not stacking it's a great rate, not how I'll think about locking in for 1 year.
 

yiron

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
25,122
Reaction score
2,455
My current earmark expires 24 Oct. The 12 month CASA is tempting, though undecided if I should wait out till 1 Nov given the upward pressure on rates.
 

tehhalia

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2011
Messages
3,464
Reaction score
387
My current earmark expires 24 Oct. The 12 month CASA is tempting, though undecided if I should wait out till 1 Nov given the upward pressure on rates.

speaking of which I wonder for the 3 month CASAs so far, when do they announce the next 3-month CASA. Like 1-2 days before.

mine also the 24 Oct batch but not sure if they will roll out another 1-year casa. Dilemma.
 

shengliang1981

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
2,439
Reaction score
174
I registered for CASA promotion in early July and the earmark release date indicated in the tnc is 29 Sep 2026 but the earmark has already been released today.

When can I start to register for the new 12 month CASA promotion? Is it tomorrow (29 Sep) or the following day (30 Sep)? Thanks.
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,154
Reaction score
2,974
I registered for CASA promotion in early July and the earmark release date indicated in the tnc is 29 Sep 2026 but the earmark has already been released today.

When can I start to register for the new 12 month CASA promotion? Is it tomorrow (29 Sep) or the following day (30 Sep)? Thanks.
To be safe 30 Sep if you want to follow the tnc to the dot, but otherwise otheese have reported back 29 Sep is likely ok too.
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,154
Reaction score
2,974
speaking of which I wonder for the 3 month CASAs so far, when do they announce the next 3-month CASA. Like 1-2 days before.

mine also the 24 Oct batch but not sure if they will roll out another 1-year casa. Dilemma.
I thought they have the 3M still being offered ending on 7 Oct. I didn't want to lock in for so long, so decided to do 3M instead.
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,956
Reaction score
4,624
wa this looks good, can save all the trips & queueing to combo with multiplier
bonus paid quarterly with 1 mth wait, forfeiture of unpaid bonus incase of emergency withdrawal
That’s what I am looking for
Will probably make a trip down next week
Save of the hassle from keep going down every quarter
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,956
Reaction score
4,624
I read some posts sharing want to wait for higher interest rates instead of locking for one year

I am not sure the origin of CASA promotion (late to the game) but I am scared they might nerf it when the higher interest rates become a norm again, so much so that they rely on other mechanisms like increase main multiplier tiered interests or even FD interests rates? So for me personally I try to lock for one year…

If really there will be higher interest rates for future 3-month or even 6-month (I just read from guru @maumu post that there was one two promotions ago), I guess not harm to withdraw at the end of any Periods under the 12-month promotion, and sign up for the shorter duration promotion… but best is I strike lottery then I can start another tranche without premature withdrawal…
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,381
Reaction score
1,551
If your intention is to leave $100k in Multiplier to earn the bonus interest, this $100k is as good as being "locked" .... might as well join the 12mth CASA earmark to earn additional interest ....
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,956
Reaction score
4,624
If your intention is to leave $100k in Multiplier to earn the bonus interest, this $100k is as good as being "locked" .... might as well join the 12mth CASA earmark to earn additional interest ....
Talking about the hopes that CASA promotion will see higher interest rates in future… hence my thoughts posted above…

I am in for 12-month CASA
 

Devilsire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
11,712
Reaction score
4,450
If your intention is to leave $100k in Multiplier to earn the bonus interest, this $100k is as good as being "locked" .... might as well join the 12mth CASA earmark to earn additional interest ....
yes, basically whatever casa is already bonus
the only consideration are incase of any significant change in multiplier, or FOMO increased Casa rate... of which one may withdraw from the 12mth promo lockin at any quarterly interval with a month wait
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,381
Reaction score
1,551
You can never predict accurately which way interest rate will end up ... we all agree the general tend is up, but how much is high enough?

I will take the FOMO approach as I have some reserve to "invest" if there are better rates elsewhere .....
 

laladuck

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
278
Reaction score
11
If your intention is to leave $100k in Multiplier to earn the bonus interest, this $100k is as good as being "locked" .... might as well join the 12mth CASA earmark to earn additional interest ....
I have registered for 12M CASA today. First in the queue and done in 10 mins.

To terminate early, one will need to go to the branch. Funds will take 2 days to be released.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top