DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,837
Reaction score
2,778

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,956
Reaction score
4,624
To DBS's credit, many things can already be done digitally online .... so I am still unsure why the recent CASA promo needs to be done physically ... only reason is to "lure" people to the branch to give more work to the Financial Advisors .....
Sell more perps!!! :s15:

I also suspect they want to control the amount of deposits because they just can’t risk making it mainstream especially during low interest rates days… hence my scepticism that they might nerf this thing because now rising interest rates…
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,260
Reaction score
1,266
To DBS's credit, many things can already be done digitally online .... so I am still unsure why the recent CASA promo needs to be done physically ... only reason is to "lure" people to the branch to give more work to the Financial Advisors .....
Branch-only deposit promos aren't just a marketing ploy—they're a multi-objective operational strategy.

They enforce :
1. physical AML compliance for large deposits,
2. bridge the digital accessibility gap for tech-hesitant seniors, and
3. optimize branch workforce utilization without retrenchments.

and many more! It has been there for more than 2 years, and you are still complaining? Have a Heart!

If I recall correctly, you were offered online promos a number of times too! :LOL:
 
Last edited:

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,154
Reaction score
2,974
To DBS's credit, many things can already be done digitally online .... so I am still unsure why the recent CASA promo needs to be done physically ... only reason is to "lure" people to the branch to give more work to the Financial Advisors .....
Maybe cause you're not the target audience? Must have a reason why they keep doing it this way for so long.
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,382
Reaction score
1,552
Branch-only deposit promos aren't just a marketing ploy—they're a multi-objective operational strategy.

They enforce :
1. physical AML compliance for large deposits,
2. bridge the digital accessibility gap for tech-hesitant seniors, and
3. optimize branch workforce utilization without retrenchments.

and many more! It has been there for more than 2 years, and you are still complaining? Have a Heart!

If I recall correctly, you were offered online promos a number of times too! :LOL:
No lah, don't get me wrong, I do visit physical branch every now and then ..... I still holds bank book and need to go change when the pages are full ..... so I try to do more than 1 banking transactions for every time I queue .....

Last week I did 3 : change bank book, earmark for the 1 year CASA promo, and deposit some old notes which I am not confident the current ATM can recognise .....
 

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,427
Reaction score
483
Her first response was cannot, unless different account (I am stacking with multiplier interests)… didn’t want to waste her time, so I told her i will read the T&C myself

I haven’t tried yet, but the T&C is one account one promotion… but if the 3-month Casa and 12-month Casa are two distinct promotions, then the conditions probably don’t apply… I hope I have the luck to try it though
Anybody tried subscribe to both promotion?
 

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Messages
5,953
Reaction score
812
No lah, don't get me wrong, I do visit physical branch every now and then ..... I still holds bank book and need to go change when the pages are full ..... so I try to do more than 1 banking transactions for every time I queue .....

Last week I did 3 : change bank book, earmark for the 1 year CASA promo, and deposit some old notes which I am not confident the current ATM can recognise .....
Why reply to AI slop?
 

WoShiPro

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
5,595
Reaction score
224
You are DBS staff? Publicly complaining about internal bank systems and backend access on an open forum isn't just unprofessional—it's a direct breach of employment conduct and confidentiality rules.
I'm not. That what I hear from colleagues ex dbs. I'm surprised to hear many banks including international banks using system from 70-80s
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,956
Reaction score
4,624
I'm not. That what I hear from colleagues ex dbs. I'm surprised to hear many banks including international banks using system from 70-80s
Well, remember they couldn’t even do an asterisks in masking our paynow names, resorting to using XXX resulting in funny names… hahahahaha
 

Shalom_555

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
255
Reaction score
173
Just received email on promo for treasures - get $508 for every fresh funds $100k. Funds to be held 1nov-12 feb28. It states equivalent 1.8.% with early bonus $38 link go-dbs.com/sg-tr-ff
Looks like 12 mths CASA 1.8 that is being discussed here, , not sure what is the advantage of this promo…
 

ThreeSteps

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
936
Reaction score
636
Just received email on promo for treasures - get $508 for every fresh funds $100k. Funds to be held 1nov-12 feb28. It states equivalent 1.8.% with early bonus $38 link go-dbs.com/sg-tr-ff
Looks like 12 mths CASA 1.8 that is being discussed here, , not sure what is the advantage of this promo…
It's on the website ?
https://www.dbs.com.sg/treasures/promotion/fresh-funds-promo
https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resourc...-fresh-fund-sep-2026-terms-and-conditions.pdf
 

bargin

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,125
Reaction score
366
Hi. Anyone knows the latest short term casa promo from 8 oct? Tia
Anybody went today to check?
No more 3mths CASA promotion, only 12mths CASA promotion
Registration window period: 24 Sep 2026 to 31 Oct 2026
Earmark release date: 30 Sep 2027
Period 1: Date of registration - 31 Dec 2026 (register until 31 Oct 2026) Interest rate: 1.50% Bonus interest paid: 31 Jan 2027
Period 2: 1 Jan - 31 Mar 2027 Interest rate:1.68% Bonus interest paid: 30 Apr 2027
Period 3: 1 Apr - 30 Jun 2027 Interest rate:1,88% Bonus interest paid: 31 Jun 2027
Period 4: 1 Jul - 30 Sep 2027 Interest rate: 2,08% Bonus interest paid: 31 Oct 2027
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top