DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,637
Reaction score
616
I see my bank when doing FAST got option to choose transaction code which DBS does not iirc so asking if anyone tried.
FAST and payroll GIRO file is two different things and systems altogether.

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT
 

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,637
Reaction score
616
So how should I do this to get the bonus interest? Stop RSP and reapply again?
RSP must be cancelled for at least 6 months before resubscribing in order for it to be recognised as eligible.

the other way is the cancel your current one and resubscribe to another RSP

Sent from the International Space Station using GAGT
 

5408854088

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
32,039
Reaction score
29
DBS Multiplier Account is considered as eAccount and cannot receive hard-copy statement? seems that cannot opt out of e-statement.
 

Guojing88

Master Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
3,686
Reaction score
865
Can I check, do I need to credit my salary to this new DBS multiplier account, or can I just credit it to my already existing POSB account?
 

lnrccn

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2017
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Can I check, do I need to credit my salary to this new DBS multiplier account, or can I just credit it to my already existing POSB account?

credit the already existing POSB account will do. no need make any changes.

Note: salary credit is with transaction reference codes of either ‘SAL’ or ‘PAY’
 

Guojing88

Master Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
3,686
Reaction score
865
credit the already existing POSB account will do. no need make any changes.

Note: salary credit is with transaction reference codes of either ‘SAL’ or ‘PAY’

Thanks, so the idea is to credit it in any POSB account, but make sure this multiplier account has at least $50,000, to max the interest.
 

Buzy_bee

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
199
Thanks, so the idea is to credit it in any POSB account, but make sure this multiplier account has at least $50,000, to max the interest.

Need to credit salary and use the credit card (not debit) at least once a month (no minimum spend) and have $50k in Multiplier to max the interest.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
best to have a third category investment/insurance/mortgage to get the higher tier interest
 

jnashville

Banned
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
2
Hi guys I got 2 questions.

I just opened the dbs multiplier account today 8th of Jan Monday.

1) If I put the max of 50k Now to my newly created multiplier account, and my salary definitely will b credited to my existing posb savings account around 30th/31st jan. I have also spend on my posb every day card, will my 50k from today 8th Jan to 31st Jan be getting the pro rated additional interest?

Or should I just wait for end month to put 50k in?

2) salary don't have to be credited into the multiplier account but just a normal posb savings account will do right?
 

Mad_Stranger

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
Hi guys I got 2 questions.

I just opened the dbs multiplier account today 8th of Jan Monday.

1) If I put the max of 50k Now to my newly created multiplier account, and my salary definitely will b credited to my existing posb savings account around 30th/31st jan. I have also spend on my posb every day card, will my 50k from today 8th Jan to 31st Jan be getting the pro rated additional interest?

Or should I just wait for end month to put 50k in?

2) salary don't have to be credited into the multiplier account but just a normal posb savings account will do right?


1) interest is computed based on daily balances. So you should top up first if you are sure you can fulfil the conditions

2) salary can be credited to any DBS/POSB account. Transaction code must be of reference codes 'SAL' or 'PAY'
 

jnashville

Banned
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
2
1) interest is computed based on daily balances. So you should top up first if you are sure you can fulfil the conditions

2) salary can be credited to any DBS/POSB account. Transaction code must be of reference codes 'SAL' or 'PAY'

Okay thanks alot. I was actually thinking of parking 50k in cimb fastsaver till like end of the month then transfer over. Okay will transfer them out to multiplier tonight.

Edit: sorry for repeated question. Saw someone mention asking question 2 in the below comments.
 
Last edited:

jnashville

Banned
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
2
I just opened a DBS Multipler acct yesterday and deposited 50K into the acct. I already have my salary credited to my POSB bank acct and my home loan (serviced by CPF) is with DBS.

Will I be getting max interest of 3.5% pa or that I still need to activate another service such as investing.

First time doing this type of multiplying acct. Thanks in advance.

Saw your this statement "I already have my salary credited to my POSB bank acct and my home loan (serviced by CPF) is with DBS."

I too have a cpf HDB loan. It's the normal HDB loan that is at 2.5percent interest.that is not counted right haha..
 

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,387
Reaction score
378
i intend to change from OCBC360 to DBS Multiplier.
how can i time the change such that the interest earnings are seamless across the OCBC360 & DBS Multiplier accounts?
my salary credit is on 20th pf each month
 

dude123

Master Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
4,261
Reaction score
580
Just spoke to the cso. She mention that salary must be credited into the multiplier account and not any posb/dbs account. Is that true ? So confused now as the gurus here mention that any account will do.
 

elwinlee

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Just spoke to the cso. She mention that salary must be credited into the multiplier account and not any posb/dbs account. Is that true ? So confused now as the gurus here mention that any account will do.

Doesn't need to be multiplier account. In my case, my salary is credited to POSB account.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top