DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hav done some math...
ocbc : 70,000 * 1.8% = 1,260
dbs : 50,000 * 2.2% + 20,000 * 1.0% = 1,300

the diff is minimal, guess i'll just stick with ocbc
thanks for the inputs.

Have you considered Maybank SaveUp or BOC Smartsaver?
 

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
16,837
Reaction score
6,200
Hav done some math...
ocbc : 70,000 * 1.8% = 1,260
dbs : 50,000 * 2.2% + 20,000 * 1.0% = 1,300

the diff is minimal, guess i'll just stick with ocbc
thanks for the inputs.


Wait till OCBC reject your credit card fee wavier.
 

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2017
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
567
I am thinking of putting my savings. Been with OCBC for quite sometime. Exploring other banks for more interest. Citibank maxigain, boc smartsaver and dbs multiplier are some of my choices. I already have cimb.

Let's say the gross is above 2.5k, and have 30k to 50k for savings... which saving plans would you recommend?
 

jnashville

Banned
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
2
I am thinking of putting my savings. Been with OCBC for quite sometime. Exploring other banks for more interest. Citibank maxigain, boc smartsaver and dbs multiplier are some of my choices. I already have cimb.

Let's say the gross is above 2.5k, and have 30k to 50k for savings... which saving plans would you recommend?

maybe for starters, put 15k in citibank maxigain and let the counter roll, your remainder put in DBS multiplier.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I am thinking of putting my savings. Been with OCBC for quite sometime. Exploring other banks for more interest. Citibank maxigain, boc smartsaver and dbs multiplier are some of my choices. I already have cimb.

Let's say the gross is above 2.5k, and have 30k to 50k for savings... which saving plans would you recommend?

would you be making $500 card spending monthly?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
No I don't think I will spend $500 per month on cards.

Suggest you switch to DBS multiplier. Get 2% interest by crediting salary, make a small credit card spend and set up POSB investsaver to buy min $100 ETF monthly.
 

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
7,340
Reaction score
427
This POSB investsaver is investing? Any risks?


Unfortunately,
All investment comes with risks..

No investment in the market comes at no risk.

Just curious if u are not those that spend on cc, wouldnt Citi maxigain be good for u?
 

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2017
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
567
Unfortunately,
All investment comes with risks..

No investment in the market comes at no risk.

Just curious if u are not those that spend on cc, wouldnt Citi maxigain be good for u?
Yes opening a citibank maxigain account this month... thinking of what other bank accounts to open.

I actually spent quite a lot in the previous months and using ocbc cashflo to pay instalments.
 

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2017
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
567
Very low risk. Only cost is the 0.5%-1% fees. Can sell off the units if you want but so far been getting profit so I keeping it.
I see. I think I need to research more on this. Do you mind sharing what did u invest?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I see. I think I need to research more on this. Do you mind sharing what did u invest?

There are only 2 options 1) Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF or 2) ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund. Both are good but I prefer the STI ETF given the uptrend of STI now.

https://www.posb.com.sg/personal/investments/investing-in-funds/invest-saver
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top