DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
7,340
Reaction score
427
Maybank 60k ~2.99x%
Boc 60k 3.55%
uOB 50k 2.43%

Ocbc don't bother need insurance
SCB need insurance
DBS mutiplier, u need alot of AUM or spend
 

yumyumz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
719
Reaction score
45
how much profit can u make in a year?
read somewhere from forums that the posb invest saver no doing well. not sure true or not
Lol suggest u go read up first.. Shiny things thread is a good place to start for sti etf

Sent from Xiaomi using GAGT
 

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
5,995
Reaction score
285
Reason I asked is bcos ii am going to withdraw money, my acc is posb. But the dbs branch open till abit later so I will be going down to the dbs to withdraw. Shld be doable bah?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Reason I asked is bcos ii am going to withdraw money, my acc is posb. But the dbs branch open till abit later so I will be going down to the dbs to withdraw. Shld be doable bah?

yes should be no problem
 

Simplesthuman09

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
If I currently I have posb/dbs cc, posb saving for my salary payout and insurance deducted, and would like to open dbs multiplier, will this be able to earn the interest for the new account (dbs multiplier)?
 

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
If I currently I have posb/dbs cc, posb saving for my salary payout and insurance deducted, and would like to open dbs multiplier, will this be able to earn the interest for the new account (dbs multiplier)?
For Insurance and Unit Trusts, only new purchases made after opening your Multiplier Account will be recognised.
 

laurent_rio

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
25
Hi,

I just sign DBS Multiplier account today but when i tried to check the View Bank & Earn Summary in internet banking, it always shown "This service is currently not available. Please try again later. (99104)"

Do i need to have salary transferred to that account first before i can see the summary ?
 

loftystew

Master Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
2,926
Reaction score
15
Hi,

I just sign DBS Multiplier account today but when i tried to check the View Bank & Earn Summary in internet banking, it always shown "This service is currently not available. Please try again later. (99104)"

Do i need to have salary transferred to that account first before i can see the summary ?

It will take some time for it to show.
 

loftystew

Master Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
2,926
Reaction score
15
When will DBS/POSB start crediting interest to the account? End of month?

I did not receive any interest for the month of January. The 'Multiplier Account Summary' shows that no salary was credited to my account which isn't true. My salary was credited by my company to my POSB account with the code 'SAL'.

I created the multiplier account in the month of January, after my company credited my salary to my POSB account, is this the reason why it isn't being reflected in the 'Multiplier Account Summary'? I have to wait till the end of next month for the 'effect' to kick in?
 
Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,640
Reaction score
618
I created the multiplier account in the month of January, after my company credited my salary to my POSB account,

ownself answer ownself.. there is no multiplier account to record your January salary in the first place, since you've only opened the account after your salary is credited.

base interest of 0.05% p.a. for the multiplier account is credited on the last day of the month. if you are eligible for additional preferential interest, it will be credited to your multiplier account by the 7th working day of the new month.

you will not be receiving any additional interest for January since the account is opened after the salary crediting. so it will only start in February.

so if your multiplier account have $50,000 inside daily from 1 Feb till 28 Feb and you have salary credited + eligible transactions in 2 or more categories with a combined cashflow value of $30,000 and above, your $50,000 balance in the multiplier account will be eligible for 3.5% p.a. interest for February. you will first see a interest credit of about $1.96 on 28 Feb (0.05% p.a.), then another interest credit of about $132.44 (3.45% p.a.) by 9 March 2018.

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT
 
Last edited:

laurent_rio

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
1,294
Reaction score
25
Hi,

If i want to buy RSP Plan in order to be counted in DBS Multiplier, should the cash debit from the DBS Multiplier account or another account in DBS also can ? I just dont want to touch the 50k balance in account
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hi,

If i want to buy RSP Plan in order to be counted in DBS Multiplier, should the cash debit from the DBS Multiplier account or another account in DBS also can ? I just dont want to touch the 50k balance in account

can use funds from other DBS/POSB account
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top