DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

melinalim

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Ya lor. Dunno why so long. Just want the free $5.

Anw, if I use my cc to pay phone bills, insurance (not dbs one though), is it considered as eligible spend?
 

ixoral

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
60
My burrow $5 came quite fast leh. I think i got it in the following month or just a few wks later.

Cc to pay phone bills confirm is eligible spend.
I think recurring bills on insurance should be eligible too - anyone can confirm?

Ya lor. Dunno why so long. Just want the free $5.

Anw, if I use my cc to pay phone bills, insurance (not dbs one though), is it considered as eligible spend?
 

WoShiPro

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
5,595
Reaction score
225
is there any way to schedule payment to Citibank CC on a particular day of the month?

i can pay Citibank CC but cant find the option to schedule payment..
 

zumaba

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
2,437
Reaction score
43
For salary credited into the joint account, it would be combined and counted for both Mutiplier A/C of joint account holders, right?

But how about the investment:
- ETF investment debited from the joint account, or
- CDP devident paid to the joint account

Will they be also combined and counted for both Mutiplier A/C of joint account holders?
 

ilovetoeat

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
36
Yes. I need to apply for the credit card now first when I am still a student. Then I will credit my salary when I start a job.

No point getting the account now then...? If you fall below 3000 in that account, there is a $5 monthly charge. Can just get the CC then get the account just before you start your job and ask the HR then to credit it into that account.

Anyone knows if you can get a cheque book on the multiplier account? :o
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
No point getting the account now then...? If you fall below 3000 in that account, there is a $5 monthly charge. Can just get the CC then get the account just before you start your job and ask the HR then to credit it into that account.

Anyone knows if you can get a cheque book on the multiplier account? :o

Need job before getting CC (unless tie in $10k deposit for secured CC)

No chequebook
 
Last edited:

Tornesoul

Master Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
3,446
Reaction score
15
is there any way to schedule payment to Citibank CC on a particular day of the month?

i can pay Citibank CC but cant find the option to schedule payment..

U can set to pay later. Pay future dated transaction (or something liddat), to max ur interest

No point getting the account now then...? If you fall below 3000 in that account, there is a $5 monthly charge. Can just get the CC then get the account just before you start your job and ask the HR then to credit it into your accouny

Anyone knows if you can get a cheque book on the multiplier account? :o

Below 29 i think no fall below fee. But idk implement yet anot. Nd to see website

Sent from Samsung SM-A520F using GAGT
 
Last edited:

WoShiPro

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
5,595
Reaction score
225
U can set to pay later. Pay future dated transaction (or something liddat), to max ur interest

Sent from Samsung SM-A520F using GAGT

How? Can't find the option to pay future dated transcation.. only can pay future date transcation for DBS cc and not Citi bank..
 

ElZedHaitch

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
13
No point getting the account now then...? If you fall below 3000 in that account, there is a $5 monthly charge. Can just get the CC then get the account just before you start your job and ask the HR then to credit it into that account.

Anyone knows if you can get a cheque book on the multiplier account? :o

Yup. I have a job offer alr. Will be getting the account just before my job starts. As long as I credit to any account I will get the multiplier right? So I will just ask the company to credit salary to my POSB savings first anyway

And yeah. For students that are starting first job, quickly go get the student credit card if it works for this because it will be the only way to get a quick credit card now before securing a job and having enough income to qualify for credit cards. Need to be in a Poly or Uni so I don't think working adults can get
 

luvalist

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
1,751
Reaction score
15
I am on cashback program but thinking of switching to multiplier account instead since I manage to save up an amt. but My salary has just been credited to a joint account. I also have home loan and cc spending.

If I switch to multiplier program, do I lose May’s cashback as well as may’s multiplier interest?

Can I be on multiplier program while my SO remains on cashback?
 

Newmaxi

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
105
Reaction score
1
For RSP to earn another category for higher interest on our multiplier account, must it be 12 months or 6 months?
 

zumaba

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
2,437
Reaction score
43
Does anyone know the "Bank & Earn Summary" for DBS-Multiplier and POSB-Cashback would be updated at same time?

I have the DBS-Multiplier while my wife has the POSB-Cashback. My salary was credited into our joint account and it was already updated on my Bank & Earn Summary, but in my wife's Bank & Earn Summary, the salary part still show as zero.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
For RSP to earn another category for higher interest on our multiplier account, must it be 12 months or 6 months?

If you don't have RSP previously, the new RSP applied after DBS multiplier will count for max 12 months.

If have RSP previously, the fund need to be completely redeemed and terminated more than 6 months ago before reapply same fund for it to count. Can apply another fund for it to count.
 

Newmaxi

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
105
Reaction score
1
If you don't have RSP previously, the new RSP applied after DBS multiplier will count for max 12 months.

If have RSP previously, the fund need to be completely redeemed and terminated more than 6 months ago before reapply same fund for it to count. Can apply another fund for it to count.

Thank you.
 

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2001
Messages
20,821
Reaction score
2,734
Sorry just asking whats the terms for DBS Multiplier account. Does it have to be GIRO-Salary for the eligible for Salary Credit like OCBC 360

It seems my HR changed the payment code from Giro Salary to Payment Transfer at the start of the new financial year so I don't qualify for the bonus in OCBC 360 . Still trying to get some confirmation on that

If DBS Multiplier doesn't care how the salary comes in then it's bye OCBC it was nice knowing you for 5 years.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top