DBS Woman's MasterCard

Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
77,257
Reaction score
59
Am very attracted by the priority cab booking privileges - has anyone signed up for the service or used the service with this card? How was it like - does the priority works at all ?

Waiver is only for one year. Has anyone managed to get their annual fee waived beyond the one year for this card ?

Very tempted on the increase of beauty, health and travel privileges in the last couple of months and wonder if it will stay on for a while or if it's just a year end thing to attract sign-ons.

Any other comments on this card (apart from all the rewards and points system) would be great. Thanks !

Uncle polar bear the comfort taxi king tells you.....the priority works to a slight degree only. On a rainy morning still hard to get a cab. You have to call VIP line then comfort cso will try his best to find a cab for you,no guarantee though.
 

aster1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
1
yah me too for this and altitude

Did you use the Altitude much?

I had an Alt Amex that I don't think I used at all during the last year and the annual fee posted to my account. Of course this is what I wanted as I should see some bonus miles heading in my direction for the renewal... :)
 

beri stupid idiot

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2013
Messages
9,202
Reaction score
1
Did you use the Altitude much?

I had an Alt Amex that I don't think I used at all during the last year and the annual fee posted to my account. Of course this is what I wanted as I should see some bonus miles heading in my direction for the renewal... :)

I hit abt 23k called in they waived for me, but no miles for visa altitude
 

aster1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
1
Thanks. It's either miles or a waiver - I only kept the Amex card to get the extra miles for a paid renewal.

Need to keep that mileage balance well stocked up. )
 

Meemoosaa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
14,427
Reaction score
6,772
Uncle polar bear the comfort taxi king tells you.....the priority works to a slight degree only. On a rainy morning still hard to get a cab. You have to call VIP line then comfort cso will try his best to find a cab for you,no guarantee though.

Is the VIP line the one dedicated to this card privilege then ?

Even slight degree is better than nothing at all I guess ? hmmm..
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
77,257
Reaction score
59
Is the VIP line the one dedicated to this card privilege then ?

Even slight degree is better than nothing at all I guess ? hmmm..

VIP line number is only told to VIP,i always call using my registered mobile line.
i guess if anyone calls from an unregistered number they will snub you.
but then hor.....cabcharge VIP booking will be $1 extra fee in 2015 when we upgraded our swipe card to a contactless beep card,so I have to ask for the upgraded card and see how much improvement their service is. then reconsider if i want to renew VIP any longer.
 

aLpHa-Ev7

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Does this card earn 4miles per S$1 on Alipay (Taobao) purchases still?

Been using my Altitude card for 2miles per S$1, thinking to get this card to clock my Taobao purchases instead.
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,778
what are some of the best things to redeem if there are no exclusive treats?

If you use this card then the best thing is the miles, else go for frank or shop!. You are wasting time with the vouchers...

DBS have exclusive treats almost on a monthly basis so there usually isn't a need to redeem anything else. Redeem for cold storage vouchers to buy groceries but still you shouldn't be wasting time with vouchers.
 

BillaMax

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
621
Reaction score
3
Hi guys! I need a bit of clarification for Taobao/ Alipay trans.

Does Taobao trans qualify for 10X rewards? I know sucky UOB intentionally exclude them but DBS doesn't right?
 

kokitty

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
2,053
Reaction score
0
Hi guys! I need a bit of clarification for Taobao/ Alipay trans.

Does Taobao trans qualify for 10X rewards? I know sucky UOB intentionally exclude them but DBS doesn't right?


Taobao if charged via Alipay Shanghai, will not qualify for 10x cos the payment gateway is charged offline . But you can call in and appeal for DBS to do manual adjustment. Usually they will grant it to you but can't do it every month.

Taobao if charged via Alipay Hangzhou automatically qualifies for 10x, that gateway is routed online.

Unfortunately the charging route of Taobao purchases is done randomly so there is no way we can choose which entity our purchases will be charged via.
 

aLpHa-Ev7

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Taobao if charged via Alipay Shanghai, will not qualify for 10x cos the payment gateway is charged offline . But you can call in and appeal for DBS to do manual adjustment. Usually they will grant it to you but can't do it every month.

Taobao if charged via Alipay Hangzhou automatically qualifies for 10x, that gateway is routed online.

Unfortunately the charging route of Taobao purchases is done randomly so there is no way we can choose which entity our purchases will be charged via.

Really?

All my taobao purchases are charged as ALIPAY*TAOBAO.COM SHANGHAI CN
 

kokitty

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
2,053
Reaction score
0
Really?

All my taobao purchases are charged as ALIPAY*TAOBAO.COM SHANGHAI CN

I can't gain anything if i BS you right?

If you got 10x for this w/o calling it to ask them for manual adjustment then you are very lucky.

My taobao purchases are always assorted between "ALIPAY*TAOBAO.COM SHANGHAI CN" and ALIPAY (WWW.TAOBAO.COM) HANGZHOU CN.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top